Old 07-01-2019, 07:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cornbread (pic)

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

Old 07-01-2019, 08:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 2:06 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 06 Jan 2019 11:15:43p, jmcquown told us...

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

Looks delicisiou! In fact, looks pretty much like mine. I have some
turnnip and mustard greens that I cooked and put in the freezer. I
think that calls for a pan of cornbread.

I'm planning to make a pot of spicy bean soup tomorrow to go with the
cornbread. That cast iron skillet is dedicated for cornbread.

I hate it when I can't sleep. I hope you finally get some shuteye
tonight.

I'll get tired eventually. Just having a fit of insomnia. It happens.

Jill
Old 07-01-2019, 01:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

At 1:15 in the morning jmcquown wrote:
Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

lol
Old 07-01-2019, 07:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Yum! That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to have
for lunch. Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips. 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes. I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it. I do love cornbread!

Jill
Old 07-01-2019, 07:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 01:15:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

I defrosted one zip-loc of sliced fresh ham yesterday for dinner
(sandwiches), I still have plenty left to go with that cornbread...
fresh ham goes well with white gravy and cornbread, but alas I have
none, don't have any cornmeal either. I was planning to use that
roast ham in a Chinese soup. Anyway your corn bread looks good.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 1:29 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 01:15:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

I defrosted one zip-loc of sliced fresh ham yesterday for dinner
(sandwiches), I still have plenty left to go with that cornbread...
fresh ham goes well with white gravy and cornbread, but alas I have
none, don't have any cornmeal either. I was planning to use that
roast ham in a Chinese soup. Anyway your corn bread looks good.

Thanks! It tastes good.

Jill
Old 07-01-2019, 10:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
Yum! That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
have
for lunch. Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips. 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes. I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it. I do love cornbread!

I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
cornbread soon. I should have done that when I took the last of the freezer
stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk. I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it. Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list.

Jill
Old 07-01-2019, 10:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 2:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
Yum!¬* That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
have
for lunch.¬* Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips.¬* 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes.¬* I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it.¬* I do love cornbread!

I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
cornbread soon.¬* I should have done that when I took the last of the
freezer
stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk.¬* I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.¬* Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list.

Jill

Why not buy some buttermilk powder? Then you'll never be without.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon 07 Jan 2019 12:30:53a, jmcquown told us...

On 1/7/2019 2:06 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 06 Jan 2019 11:15:43p, jmcquown told us...

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

Looks delicisiou! In fact, looks pretty much like mine. I have
some turnnip and mustard greens that I cooked and put in the
freezer. I think that calls for a pan of cornbread.

I'm planning to make a pot of spicy bean soup tomorrow to go with
the cornbread. That cast iron skillet is dedicated for cornbread.

That sounds good! Last Saturday I made a gallon of very spicy chili
that I portioned out and froze. Cornbread is really good with that,
too. I haven't cooked a pot of beans in quite a whilo. I should
make a note to do that.

I hate it when I can't sleep. I hope you finally get some
shuteye tonight.

I'll get tired eventually. Just having a fit of insomnia. It
happens.

Jill

I rarely have insomnia, but when I do it's almost devastating. I
can't concentrate on anything, and yet iI can't sleep, at least not
until the next day.

I've had bouts of insomnia for decades. I'll have to get on a more
regular schedule soon. I'm going back to work as a receptionist at
least a few days a week for the next few months. I'll need my sleep!

Jill
Old 07-01-2019, 11:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 7:49 AM, Gary wrote:
At 1:15 in the morning jmcquown wrote:
Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

lol

I got tired of watching episodes of 'Victoria' on PBS and didn't want to
start reading a new book. I decided to bake some cornbread instead.

Jill

Old 07-01-2019, 11:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 2:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I keep forgetting to buy that, too! I'll add that to my list. I don't
often need buttermilk. I don't do a lot of baking and I sure don't
drink buttermilk. I used to by Saco buttermilk powder. Thanks for the
reminder, Graham.

Jill
Old 08-01-2019, 12:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 4:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
Yum!¬* That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
have
for lunch.¬* Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips.¬* 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes.¬* I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it.¬* I do love cornbread!

I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
cornbread soon.¬* I should have done that when I took the last of the
freezer
stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk.¬* I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.¬* Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list.

I do that sometimes too, but I also try to have powered buttermilk on hand.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 4:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
Yum!¬* That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
have
for lunch.¬* Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips.¬* 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes.¬* I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it.¬* I do love cornbread!
I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
cornbread soon.¬* I should have done that when I took the last of the
freezer
stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk.¬* I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.¬* Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list.

I do that sometimes too, but I also try to have powered buttermilk on hand.

I keep forgetting to add powdered buttermilk to my list. I've added it.
I'm also nearly out of white vinegar so I've added that to my list.
(White vinegar combined with baking soda and water is an excellent way
to clean jewelery.)

Jill
Old 08-01-2019, 12:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 4:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Vinegar really isnt good for cleaning jewelry, especially jewelry with
stones/pearls... an ultrasonic is best.
https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-je...ry%20c leaner
Old 08-01-2019, 02:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , jmcquown
wrote:

I got tired of watching episodes of 'Victoria' on PBS and didn't want to
start reading a new book. I decided to bake some cornbread instead.

New episodes of Victoria start on the thirteenth. Um...if you care ;-)
It's a must see in our house.

leo

Cornbread etc Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 78 23-01-2014 07:42 AM
Cornbread Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 5 30-12-2006 08:14 AM
Cornbread kilikini General Cooking 3 28-12-2006 08:35 PM
Cornbread Ken Davey General Cooking 0 28-12-2006 07:01 PM
CornBREAD Richard Crowley Baking 22 16-12-2005 06:53 AM