Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cornbread (pic)

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 2:06 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 06 Jan 2019 11:15:43p, jmcquown told us...
>
>> Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Looks delicisiou! In fact, looks pretty much like mine. I have some
> turnnip and mustard greens that I cooked and put in the freezer. I
> think that calls for a pan of cornbread.

I'm planning to make a pot of spicy bean soup tomorrow to go with the
cornbread. That cast iron skillet is dedicated for cornbread.

> I hate it when I can't sleep. I hope you finally get some shuteye
> tonight.

I'll get tired eventually. Just having a fit of insomnia. It happens.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

At 1:15 in the morning jmcquown wrote:
> Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

> Yum! That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to have
> for lunch. Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips. 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes. I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it. I do love cornbread!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 01:15:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
>
>Jill

I defrosted one zip-loc of sliced fresh ham yesterday for dinner
(sandwiches), I still have plenty left to go with that cornbread...
fresh ham goes well with white gravy and cornbread, but alas I have
none, don't have any cornmeal either. I was planning to use that
roast ham in a Chinese soup. Anyway your corn bread looks good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 1:29 PM, wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 01:15:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

>> Jill

> I defrosted one zip-loc of sliced fresh ham yesterday for dinner
> (sandwiches), I still have plenty left to go with that cornbread...
> fresh ham goes well with white gravy and cornbread, but alas I have
> none, don't have any cornmeal either. I was planning to use that
> roast ham in a Chinese soup. Anyway your corn bread looks good.

Thanks! It tastes good.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown > wrote:

>>> Yum! That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
>>> have
>>> for lunch. Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips. 8-(
>>>

>> Cornbread is great with bean dishes. I'm planning to make some spicy
>> bean soup to serve with it. I do love cornbread!

> I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
> cornbread soon. I should have done that when I took the last of the freezer
> stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk. I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it. Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 2:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:

>>> Cornbread is great with bean dishes.Â* I'm planning to make some spicy
>>> bean soup to serve with it.Â* I do love cornbread!

>> I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
>> cornbread soon.Â* I should have done that when I took the last of the
>> freezer
>> stash recently.
>>

> I never remember to buy buttermilk.Â* I do the cheat thing and add a
> splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.Â* Now I have to add white
> vinegar to my shopping list.
>
> Jill

Why not buy some buttermilk powder? Then you'll never be without.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 12:30:53a, jmcquown told us...
>
>> On 1/7/2019 2:06 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Sun 06 Jan 2019 11:15:43p, jmcquown told us...

>>> Looks delicisiou! In fact, looks pretty much like mine. I have
>>> some turnnip and mustard greens that I cooked and put in the
>>> freezer. I think that calls for a pan of cornbread.
>>>

>> I'm planning to make a pot of spicy bean soup tomorrow to go with
>> the cornbread. That cast iron skillet is dedicated for cornbread.

> That sounds good! Last Saturday I made a gallon of very spicy chili
> that I portioned out and froze. Cornbread is really good with that,
> too. I haven't cooked a pot of beans in quite a whilo. I should
> make a note to do that.
>
>>> I hate it when I can't sleep. I hope you finally get some
>>> shuteye tonight.
>>>

>> I'll get tired eventually. Just having a fit of insomnia. It
>> happens.
>>
>> Jill

> I rarely have insomnia, but when I do it's almost devastating. I
> can't concentrate on anything, and yet iI can't sleep, at least not
> until the next day.

I've had bouts of insomnia for decades. I'll have to get on a more
regular schedule soon. I'm going back to work as a receptionist at
least a few days a week for the next few months. I'll need my sleep!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 7:49 AM, Gary wrote:
> At 1:15 in the morning jmcquown wrote:
>> Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread.

> lol

I got tired of watching episodes of 'Victoria' on PBS and didn't want to
start reading a new book. I decided to bake some cornbread instead.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 4:48 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2019-01-07 2:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
>>> cornbread soon.Â* I should have done that when I took the last of the
>>> freezer
>>> stash recently.
>>>

>> I never remember to buy buttermilk.Â* I do the cheat thing and add a
>> splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.Â* Now I have to add white
>> vinegar to my shopping list.
>>
>> Jill

> Why not buy some buttermilk powder? Then you'll never be without.

I keep forgetting to buy that, too! I'll add that to my list. I don't
often need buttermilk. I don't do a lot of baking and I sure don't
drink buttermilk. I used to by Saco buttermilk powder. Thanks for the
reminder, Graham.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 4:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:

>>> Cornbread is great with bean dishes.Â* I'm planning to make some spicy
>>> bean soup to serve with it.Â* I do love cornbread!

>> I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
>> cornbread soon.Â* I should have done that when I took the last of the
>> freezer
>> stash recently.
>>

> I never remember to buy buttermilk.Â* I do the cheat thing and add a
> splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.Â* Now I have to add white
> vinegar to my shopping list.

I do that sometimes too, but I also try to have powered buttermilk on hand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 6:02 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-01-07 4:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
>>> cornbread soon.Â* I should have done that when I took the last of the
>>> freezer
>>> stash recently.
>>>

>> I never remember to buy buttermilk.Â* I do the cheat thing and add a
>> splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.Â* Now I have to add white
>> vinegar to my shopping list.

> I do that sometimes too, but I also try to have powered buttermilk on hand.

I keep forgetting to add powdered buttermilk to my list. I've added it.
I'm also nearly out of white vinegar so I've added that to my list.
(White vinegar combined with baking soda and water is an excellent way
to clean jewelery.)

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 18:35:13 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/7/2019 6:02 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I never remember to buy buttermilk.* I do the cheat thing and add a
>>> splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.* Now I have to add white
>>> vinegar to my shopping list.

>> I do that sometimes too, but I also try to have powered buttermilk on hand.
>>

>I keep forgetting to add powdered buttermilk to my list. I've added it.
> I'm also nearly out of white vinegar so I've added that to my list.
>(White vinegar combined with baking soda and water is an excellent way
>to clean jewelery.)
>
>Jill

Vinegar really isnt good for cleaning jewelry, especially jewelry with
stones/pearls... an ultrasonic is best.
https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-je...ry%20c leaner
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, jmcquown
> wrote:

> I got tired of watching episodes of 'Victoria' on PBS and didn't want to
> start reading a new book. I decided to bake some cornbread instead.

New episodes of Victoria start on the thirteenth. Um...if you care ;-)
It's a must see in our house.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 5:57 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 02:48:25p, graham told us...

>>> I never remember to buy buttermilk.ÂÂ* I do the cheat thing and
>>> add a splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.ÂÂ* Now I have
>>> to add white vinegar to my shopping list.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Why not buy some buttermilk powder? Then you'll never be without.

> I've bought that several times, but I've never had good luck with it
> in any rcipes I've tried.

When I remember to buy it, I add a tbsp or so when I'm making chocolate
cakes. It really intensifies the flavour. I sift it in with the cocoa
powder.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 6:01 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 04:35:13p, jmcquown told us...

>>> I do that sometimes too, but I also try to have powered
>>> buttermilk on hand.
>>>

>> I keep forgetting to add powdered buttermilk to my list. I've
>> added it.
>> I'm also nearly out of white vinegar so I've added that to my
>> list.
>> (White vinegar combined with baking soda and water is an excellent
>> way to clean jewelery.)
>>
>> Jill
>>

> And also drains.

Unless you have copper plumbing!!! My house has copper drain-pipes that
are obviously vulnerable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 7:57 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 02:48:25p, graham told us...
>

>> Why not buy some buttermilk powder? Then you'll never be without.

> I've bought that several times, but I've never had good luck with it
> in any rcipes I've tried.

I have used it for waffles, pancakes and scones and it worked fine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 8:18 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article >, jmcquown
> > wrote:
>
>> I got tired of watching episodes of 'Victoria' on PBS and didn't want to
>> start reading a new book. I decided to bake some cornbread instead.

> New episodes of Victoria start on the thirteenth. Um...if you care ;-)
> It's a must see in our house.
>
> leo

I do care! I'm really enjoying the series.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 7:18:29 PM UTC-6, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> New episodes of Victoria start on the thirteenth. Um...if you care ;-)
> It's a must see in our house.
>
> leo

Thanks for the bulletin! They've been airing the previous episodes here but since
I've already seen them I didn't tune in. Not really wild about how Albert is
being portrayed; 'Marilyn Monroe' and breathy/breathless. But I enjoyed the series but not one of their better ones.

Where is "Home Fires"?

Where is "The Crimson Fields"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 7:00 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 06:45:15p, graham told us...
>
>> On 2019-01-07 6:01 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 04:35:13p, jmcquown told us...

>>> And also drains.
>>>

>> Unless you have copper plumbing!!! My house has copper drain-pipes
>> that are obviously vulnerable.
>>

> I wouldnd't think there would be enough acid to really do any damage.

Well after my former neighbour died, her daughter was cleaning the house
and poured a full bottle of vinegar down the sink. Six or seven hundred
dollars for plumbing repairs made her regret that! It ate through the
copper drain pipe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 7:16 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/7/2019 8:18 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>> In article >, jmcquown
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I got tired of watching episodes of 'Victoria' on PBS and didn't want to
>>> start reading a new book.Â* I decided to bake some cornbread instead.

>> New episodes of Victoria start on the thirteenth. Um...if you care ;-)
>> It's a must see in our house.
>>
>> leo
>>

> I do care!Â* I'm really enjoying the series.
>
> Jill

Isn't it nice to see good acting and also a show that doesn't start each
episode with a gruesome murder?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 00:57:59 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Mon 07 Jan 2019 02:48:25p, graham told us...

>>> I never remember to buy buttermilk.Â* I do the cheat thing and
>>> add a splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.Â* Now I have
>>> to add white vinegar to my shopping list.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Why not buy some buttermilk powder? Then you'll never be without.

>I've bought that several times, but I've never had good luck with it
>in any rcipes I've tried.

How interesting. I keep a carton (in a plastic bag) in my fridge for
up to 2 years. It doesn't stay that long because I use it.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-07 8:47 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 07:49:47p, graham told us...
>
>> On 2019-01-07 7:00 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 06:45:15p, graham told us...

>>> I wouldnd't think there would be enough acid to really do any
>>> damage.
>>>

>> Well after my former neighbour died, her daughter was cleaning the
>> house and poured a full bottle of vinegar down the sink. Six or
>> seven hundred dollars for plumbing repairs made her regret that!
>> It ate through the copper drain pipe.
>>

> That's a little drastic. When I periodically use the vinegar and
> baking soda I put 3 orf 4 tablespoons of baking soda down the drain
> followed by 1 cup of white vinegar. When it's finished foaming up I
> follow that up with copious amouns of very hot water. The process
> doesn't take more than 10-15 minutes and the drain is clean and
> fresh.

Our houses are over 50 years old and built in a time when all the above
ground plumbing was copper and who knows how much corrosion had already
weakened the pipes. They've been using plastic for many years now, even
for the water supply lines.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 19:51:27 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-01-07 7:16 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/7/2019 8:18 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>>> In article >, jmcquown

>>> New episodes of Victoria start on the thirteenth. Um...if you care ;-)
>>> It's a must see in our house.
>>>
>>> leo
>>>

>> I do care!* I'm really enjoying the series.
>>
>> Jill

>Isn't it nice to see good acting and also a show that doesn't start each
>episode with a gruesome murder?

I've never seen a show that starts every episode with a gruesome
murder. One wonders what kind of stuff you watch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 1:15:40 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 19:51:27 -0700, graham > wrote:

> >> I do care!Â* I'm really enjoying the series.
> >>
> >> Jill

> >Isn't it nice to see good acting and also a show that doesn't start each
> >episode with a gruesome murder?

> I've never seen a show that starts every episode with a gruesome
> murder. One wonders what kind of stuff you watch.

"Bones" starts every episode with a gruesome decomposed body discovery.

We usually watch it while eating supper.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> We go to bed at the same time and rise at the same time. We sleep very
> badly! I often need a nap in the day

Keep in mind though - if you nap in the day, you won't sleep all
night soundly. At least I don't.

I think everyone has their own sleep needs and patterns. Husband
and wife can't expect to have the same.

My sleep habits (changed over the years) would definitely drive a
wife crazy. It's my daughter's fault though, dammit. She stayed
up all night and ruined my "sleep all night at once" habit. Now I
like being awake at least some of the late night hours.

The only habit I've maintained since age 17 is that I always wake
up and get up early. Very early. I most always wake up by 4am
(without alarm) and get out of bed and start coffee maker by
4:30am. I do this on work days and also on days off. I love going
outside each morning in the dark, before sunrise. It's the best
time of day, imo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/7/2019 9:51 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2019-01-07 7:16 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/7/2019 8:18 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>>> In article >, jmcquown

>>> New episodes of Victoria start on the thirteenth. Um...if you care ;-)
>>> It's a must see in our house.
>>>
>>> leo
>>>

>> I do care!Â* I'm really enjoying the series.
>>
>> Jill

> Isn't it nice to see good acting and also a show that doesn't start each
> episode with a gruesome murder?

Oh, I happen to like 'Father Brown', too.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> > I've never seen a show that starts every episode with a gruesome
> > murder. One wonders what kind of stuff you watch.

> "Bones" starts every episode with a gruesome decomposed body discovery.
> We usually watch it while eating supper.

Stairway to Heaven: "Ooh, it really makes me wonder." ;o
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 9:16:09 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Bruce wrote:
> > > I've never seen a show that starts every episode with a gruesome
> > > murder. One wonders what kind of stuff you watch.

> > "Bones" starts every episode with a gruesome decomposed body discovery.
> > We usually watch it while eating supper.

> Stairway to Heaven: "Ooh, it really makes me wonder." ;o

Wonder no longer. We're able to distinguish between what happens
on television and what happens in reality.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> We go to bed at the same time and rise at the same time. We sleep very
> badly! I often need a nap in the day

Keep in mind though - if you nap in the day, you won't sleep all
night soundly. At least I don't.

I think everyone has their own sleep needs and patterns. Husband
and wife can't expect to have the same.

My sleep habits (changed over the years) would definitely drive a
wife crazy. It's my daughter's fault though, dammit. She stayed
up all night and ruined my "sleep all night at once" habit. Now I
like being awake at least some of the late night hours.

The only habit I've maintained since age 17 is that I always wake
up and get up early. Very early. I most always wake up by 4am
(without alarm) and get out of bed and start coffee maker by
4:30am. I do this on work days and also on days off. I love going
outside each morning in the dark, before sunrise. It's the best
time of day, imo.

==

So, it isn't all bad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> The only habit I've maintained since age 17 is that I always wake
> up and get up early. Very early. I most always wake up by 4am
> (without alarm) and get out of bed and start coffee maker by
> 4:30am. I do this on work days and also on days off. I love going
> outside each morning in the dark, before sunrise. It's the best
> time of day, imo.
>
> ==
>
> So, it isn't all bad

Nothing about my sleep habits are bad. I do quite fine with my
schedule. Not one long sleep but a series of shorter sleeps. I do
best on 5.5 to 6 hours sleep per night. Too little or too much
and I feel tired the next day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 9:16:09 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > "Bones" starts every episode with a gruesome decomposed body discovery.
> > > We usually watch it while eating supper.

> > Stairway to Heaven: "Ooh, it really makes me wonder." ;o

> Wonder no longer. We're able to distinguish between what happens
> on television and what happens in reality.

That's insifignicant here. Fact is you both enjoy shows about
evil murders and decomposing bodies. Personally I don't. I tend
towards the nicer side of humans and the friendly movies. You
hate animals though so I'm not surprised.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 9:51:38 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Stairway to Heaven: "Ooh, it really makes me wonder." ;o

> > Wonder no longer. We're able to distinguish between what happens
> > on television and what happens in reality.

> That's insifignicant here. Fact is you both enjoy shows about
> evil murders and decomposing bodies. Personally I don't. I tend
> towards the nicer side of humans and the friendly movies. You
> hate animals though so I'm not surprised.

The nice thing about those shows is that evil murderers are brought
to justice. It satisfies my sense of order and my interest in puzzles.

If I hated animals, I wouldn't have multiple bird feeders.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>On Mon 07 Jan 2019 07:49:47p, graham told us...
>
>> On 2019-01-07 7:00 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Mon 07 Jan 2019 06:45:15p, graham told us...

Older waste lines are brass (not copper), nowadays they're PVC, rarely
clog because they are so smooth, brass pits and schmutz adheres and
builds up... I recently changed the waste line under my kitchen sink,
it was chrome plated brass, had practically dissolved at the P trap so
was oozing, that's how I knew, from a small puddle under the sink,
cought it before any water damage. But was all corroded so I changed
it all. The hardware store only had PVC in various kits. PVC is very
easy to work with... no gluing, all compression fittings, no tools
needed, all finger tight.

>>> I wouldnd't think there would be enough acid to really do any
>>> damage.
>>>

>> Well after my former neighbour died, her daughter was cleaning the
>> house and poured a full bottle of vinegar down the sink. Six or
>> seven hundred dollars for plumbing repairs made her regret that!
>> It ate through the copper drain pipe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 21:47:02 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2019-01-07 8:47 p.m., Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Well after my former neighbour died, her daughter was cleaning the
>>> house and poured a full bottle of vinegar down the sink. Six or
>>> seven hundred dollars for plumbing repairs made her regret that!
>>> It ate through the copper drain pipe.
>>>

>> That's a little drastic. When I periodically use the vinegar and
>> baking soda I put 3 orf 4 tablespoons of baking soda down the drain
>> followed by 1 cup of white vinegar. When it's finished foaming up I
>> follow that up with copious amouns of very hot water. The process
>> doesn't take more than 10-15 minutes and the drain is clean and
>> fresh.
>>

>Our houses are over 50 years old and built in a time when all the above
>ground plumbing was copper and who knows how much corrosion had already
>weakened the pipes. They've been using plastic for many years now, even
>for the water supply lines.

The supply lines were copper but waste lines were brass. Now
everything is plastic... even buried lines are now plastic...
previously buried waste lines were cast iron or Orangeburg pipe.
Plumbers don't solder copper pipe anymore, all compression fittings.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> The only habit I've maintained since age 17 is that I always wake
> up and get up early. Very early. I most always wake up by 4am
> (without alarm) and get out of bed and start coffee maker by
> 4:30am. I do this on work days and also on days off. I love going
> outside each morning in the dark, before sunrise. It's the best
> time of day, imo.
>
> ==
>
> So, it isn't all bad

Nothing about my sleep habits are bad. I do quite fine with my
schedule. Not one long sleep but a series of shorter sleeps. I do
best on 5.5 to 6 hours sleep per night. Too little or too much
and I feel tired the next day.

=

I wish I could get my sleeping habits so well organised. Still I will keep
trying, you have shown it is possible)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-08 8:04 a.m., Gary wrote:

>> We go to bed at the same time and rise at the same time. We sleep very
>> badly! I often need a nap in the day

> Keep in mind though - if you nap in the day, you won't sleep all
> night soundly. At least I don't.

I do not nap because I won't sleep well at night if I was sleeping
during the day. Even sleeping in late cane shift me to a late cycle. I
have a few times had a short power nap, about 10 minutes.

My father was a bit of a workaholic and insomnia. We used to have
supper shortly after he got home from work. He would then have a short
nap. He would then go out to meetings or putter around the house until
after 11 and then had trouble sleeping. The next day he would need that
nap because he was tired from not sleeping. It was a vicious cycle.

> I think everyone has their own sleep needs and patterns. Husband
> and wife can't expect to have the same.
>
> My sleep habits (changed over the years) would definitely drive a
> wife crazy. It's my daughter's fault though, dammit. She stayed
> up all night and ruined my "sleep all night at once" habit. Now I
> like being awake at least some of the late night hours.
>
> The only habit I've maintained since age 17 is that I always wake
> up and get up early. Very early. I most always wake up by 4am
> (without alarm) and get out of bed and start coffee maker by
> 4:30am. I do this on work days and also on days off. I love going
> outside each morning in the dark, before sunrise. It's the best
> time of day, imo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 10:29:16 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Older waste lines are brass (not copper),

You don't know everything. In the first house I owned, the main stack
was copper. I can't quite recall what the other drain lines were made
of; it's been more than 20 years since we sold that house.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-08 11:58 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 10:29:16 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>
>> Older waste lines are brass (not copper),

> You don't know everything. In the first house I owned, the main stack
> was copper. I can't quite recall what the other drain lines were made
> of; it's been more than 20 years since we sold that house.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Mine are copper!
Sheldum really is a "Know-all, Know-nothing" type.

Cornbread etc Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 78 23-01-2014 07:42 AM
Cornbread Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 5 30-12-2006 08:14 AM
Cornbread kilikini General Cooking 3 28-12-2006 08:35 PM
Cornbread Ken Davey General Cooking 0 28-12-2006 07:01 PM
CornBREAD Richard Crowley Baking 22 16-12-2005 06:53 AM