FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cornbread (pic) (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/445522-cornbread-pic.html)

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 06:15 AM

Cornbread (pic)

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 07:30 AM

Cornbread (pic)

On 1/7/2019 2:06 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 06 Jan 2019 11:15:43p, jmcquown told us...

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

Looks delicisiou! In fact, looks pretty much like mine. I have some
turnnip and mustard greens that I cooked and put in the freezer. I
think that calls for a pan of cornbread.

I'm planning to make a pot of spicy bean soup tomorrow to go with the
cornbread. That cast iron skillet is dedicated for cornbread.

I hate it when I can't sleep. I hope you finally get some shuteye
tonight.

I'll get tired eventually. Just having a fit of insomnia. It happens.

Jill

Gary 07-01-2019 12:49 PM

Cornbread (pic)

At 1:15 in the morning jmcquown wrote:
Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

lol ;)

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 06:02 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Yum! That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to have
for lunch. Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips. 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes. I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it. I do love cornbread! :)

Jill

[email protected] 07-01-2019 06:29 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 01:15:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

I defrosted one zip-loc of sliced fresh ham yesterday for dinner
(sandwiches), I still have plenty left to go with that cornbread...
fresh ham goes well with white gravy and cornbread, but alas I have
none, don't have any cornmeal either. I was planning to use that
roast ham in a Chinese soup. Anyway your corn bread looks good.

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 09:45 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 1/7/2019 1:29 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 01:15:43 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

I defrosted one zip-loc of sliced fresh ham yesterday for dinner
(sandwiches), I still have plenty left to go with that cornbread...
fresh ham goes well with white gravy and cornbread, but alas I have
none, don't have any cornmeal either. I was planning to use that
roast ham in a Chinese soup. Anyway your corn bread looks good.

Thanks! It tastes good. :)

Jill

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 09:47 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
Yum! That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
have
for lunch. Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips. 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes. I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it. I do love cornbread! :)

I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
cornbread soon. I should have done that when I took the last of the freezer
stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk. I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it. Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list. :)

Jill

Graham 07-01-2019 09:48 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 2019-01-07 2:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
Yum!¬* That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
have
for lunch.¬* Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips.¬* 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes.¬* I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it.¬* I do love cornbread! :)

I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
cornbread soon.¬* I should have done that when I took the last of the
freezer
stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk.¬* I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.¬* Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list. :)

Jill

Why not buy some buttermilk powder? Then you'll never be without.

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 09:56 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On Mon 07 Jan 2019 12:30:53a, jmcquown told us...

On 1/7/2019 2:06 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 06 Jan 2019 11:15:43p, jmcquown told us...

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg

Jill

Looks delicisiou! In fact, looks pretty much like mine. I have
some turnnip and mustard greens that I cooked and put in the
freezer. I think that calls for a pan of cornbread.

I'm planning to make a pot of spicy bean soup tomorrow to go with
the cornbread. That cast iron skillet is dedicated for cornbread.

That sounds good! Last Saturday I made a gallon of very spicy chili
that I portioned out and froze. Cornbread is really good with that,
too. I haven't cooked a pot of beans in quite a whilo. I should
make a note to do that.

I hate it when I can't sleep. I hope you finally get some
shuteye tonight.

I'll get tired eventually. Just having a fit of insomnia. It
happens.

Jill

I rarely have insomnia, but when I do it's almost devastating. I
can't concentrate on anything, and yet iI can't sleep, at least not
until the next day.

I've had bouts of insomnia for decades. I'll have to get on a more
regular schedule soon. I'm going back to work as a receptionist at
least a few days a week for the next few months. I'll need my sleep!

Jill

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 10:18 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 1/7/2019 7:49 AM, Gary wrote:
At 1:15 in the morning jmcquown wrote:
Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

lol ;)

I got tired of watching episodes of 'Victoria' on PBS and didn't want to
start reading a new book. I decided to bake some cornbread instead. :)

Jill

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 10:20 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 2019-01-07 2:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I keep forgetting to buy that, too! I'll add that to my list. I don't
often need buttermilk. I don't do a lot of baking and I sure don't
drink buttermilk. I used to by Saco buttermilk powder. Thanks for the
reminder, Graham. :)

Jill

Dave Smith[_1_] 07-01-2019 11:02 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 2019-01-07 4:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
Yum!¬* That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
have
for lunch.¬* Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips.¬* 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes.¬* I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it.¬* I do love cornbread! :)

I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
cornbread soon.¬* I should have done that when I took the last of the
freezer
stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk.¬* I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.¬* Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list. :)

I do that sometimes too, but I also try to have powered buttermilk on hand.

jmcquown[_2_] 07-01-2019 11:35 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 2019-01-07 4:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On¬* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

Couldn't sleep, so I baked a skillet of cornbread. :)

https://i.postimg.cc/QCdJsF06/cornbread.jpg
Yum!¬* That would go very well with the leftover pinto beans I plan to
have
for lunch.¬* Instead, I'll have to settle for tortilla chips.¬* 8-(

Cornbread is great with bean dishes.¬* I'm planning to make some spicy
bean soup to serve with it.¬* I do love cornbread! :)
I just added buttermilk to my grocery list and will be baking a batch or
cornbread soon.¬* I should have done that when I took the last of the
freezer
stash recently.

I never remember to buy buttermilk.¬* I do the cheat thing and add a
splash of white vinegar to milk to curdle it.¬* Now I have to add white
vinegar to my shopping list. :)

I do that sometimes too, but I also try to have powered buttermilk on hand.

I keep forgetting to add powdered buttermilk to my list. I've added it.
I'm also nearly out of white vinegar so I've added that to my list.
(White vinegar combined with baking soda and water is an excellent way
to clean jewelery.)

Jill

[email protected] 07-01-2019 11:53 PM

Cornbread (pic)

On 2019-01-07 4:47 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
On 1/7/2019 4:20 PM, l not -l wrote:
On* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/7/2019 6:50 AM, l not -l wrote:
On* 7-Jan-2019, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Vinegar really isnt good for cleaning jewelry, especially jewelry with
stones/pearls... an ultrasonic is best.
https://www.amazon.com/ultrasonic-je...ry%20c leaner

Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] 08-01-2019 01:18 AM

Cornbread (pic)

In article , jmcquown
wrote:

I got tired of watching episodes of 'Victoria' on PBS and didn't want to
start reading a new book. I decided to bake some cornbread instead. :)

New episodes of Victoria start on the thirteenth. Um...if you care ;-)
It's a must see in our house.

leo