Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cornbread

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 28 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> I am making jalapeno cornbread. Anyone have it with sausage?
>
> Michael

All I got is with bacon:

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Alan's Green Chile Corn bread

quick breads/biscuts, tested

-----wet stuff-----
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz.)can green chiles
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce; minced
4 strips bacon; cooked & crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (14 oz) can creamed corn
3 eggs
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
----dry stuff----
1-1/2 cup cornmeal
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp Sugar; more or less

preheat oven to 400F

Combine wet stuff in a bowl...mix well.
Combine dry stuff in another bowl... mix well.

Add the 2 mixtures togeture and stir well and immediately pour it into a
Pam Sprayed 9'X9' pyrex pan.

The Idea is to to get it into the preheated oven soonest.

Bake at 400 F. for 40 min or so. Cool in pan for 10 min., then transfer
wire rack to cool completely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Mr Libido Incognito >
> :
>
>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 28 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>>
>>> I am making jalapeno cornbread. Anyone have it with sausage?
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> All I got is with bacon:
>>

> Sounds good. If I want to can I add pork? I know this is odd.
>
> Michael

I don't see why not, just drain the sausage well. After all, lots of people
add sausage to cornbread dressing.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> > Mr Libido Incognito >
> > :
> >
> >> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 28 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> >> All I got is with bacon:
> >>

> > Sounds good. If I want to can I add pork? I know this is odd.
> >
> > Michael

> I don't see why not, just drain the sausage well. After all, lots of

people
> add sausage to cornbread dressing.

Add some sausage or whatever to a good hearty cornbread, a big piece of that
is a nice meal for a cold night.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 28 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Sounds good. If I want to can I add pork? I know this is odd.
>
> Michael

Don't know...You good replace the bacon with crumbled cooked sausage I
guess. But not sure if you could just add pork.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mr Libido Incognito > wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 28 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
> > Sounds good. If I want to can I add pork? I know this is odd.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> Don't know...You good replace the bacon with crumbled cooked sausage I
> guess. But not sure if you could just add pork.

If I were to use pork in cornbread, I'd dice it into eighth inch pieces
or just chop it fairly finely and fry it quickly till golden brown
before adding it to a cornbread recipe. I'd dust it with spices that
came to mind before frying just because. Of course, I've never done
that, but I can see a tasty benefit in my mind.
Golden pork bits in cornbread doesn't sound bad to me.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 28 Dec 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Sounds good. If I want to can I add pork? I know this is odd.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Don't know...You good replace the bacon with crumbled cooked sausage I
> guess. But not sure if you could just add pork.

He didn't really mean just pork... he meant pork sausage. At least I think
that's what he meant. His original post said pork sausage.

Dang, forget the cornbread, I'm making pork sausage and gravy for breakfast
tomorrow! <G>

Jill

Cornbread etc Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 78 23-01-2014 07:42 AM
Cornbread Pie Chef Tamara Recipes (moderated) 0 10-01-2007 11:13 PM
Cornbread kilikini General Cooking 3 28-12-2006 08:35 PM
Cornbread Ken Davey General Cooking 0 28-12-2006 07:01 PM
Cornbread - I wonder why? jmcquown General Cooking 74 29-08-2005 05:16 PM