Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Made really good crackers!

These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with wheat.
These were so good that I couldn't even tell that they were gluten free.
Only think I changed was that I used potato starch instead of tapioca. Why?
Couldn't find tapioca flour. I thought I bought it at Central Market prior
but they've made changes over the years and no longer have the vast
selection of baking supplies that they once did. Also, the light switch
broke in the kitchen. I was just replaced. But when I made them, the light
was dim in there so I accidentally over salted them. Had more of a pretzel
quality. Also, I mixed with my hands and not the Food Processor. I so rarely
use it, I didn't want to drag it out just for this. Super easy to make by
hand and quick too! I think you could easily sub AP or Whole Wheat Pastry
flour if you were so inclined and didn't need gluten free. Here's the
recipe:

https://wholelifestylenutrition.com/...racker-recipe/

Going to go make another batch. They were so well liked that they're all
gone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with wheat.

<snork> Gee, I wonder who gave him THAT idea?

Her gardener **** buddy is like a blank canvas that she can paint
with all the intolerances and diseases that she can't juggle
herself. Between the two of them they can have every condition,
intolerance, allergy, and disease in the book!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/12/2018 9:24 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with wheat.

> <snork> Gee, I wonder who gave him THAT idea?

LOL! Yeah, she seems to project food intolerances. Meanwhile, brown
rice and beans are all one needs to be healthy.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:05:57 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> On 12/12/2018 9:24 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with wheat.

>> <snork> Gee, I wonder who gave him THAT idea?
>>

> LOL! Yeah, she seems to project food intolerances. Meanwhile, brown
> rice and beans are all one needs to be healthy.

Either he's really gullible (or needs to pretend he's gullible for
his Sugar Mama), or else that's Julie's diagnosis - not his.

-ssw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with wheat.
>These were so good that I couldn't even tell that they were gluten free.
>Only think I changed was that I used potato starch instead of tapioca. Why?
>Couldn't find tapioca flour. I thought I bought it at Central Market prior
>but they've made changes over the years and no longer have the vast
>selection of baking supplies that they once did. Also, the light switch
>broke in the kitchen. I was just replaced. But when I made them, the light
>was dim in there so I accidentally over salted them. Had more of a pretzel
>quality. Also, I mixed with my hands and not the Food Processor. I so rarely
>use it, I didn't want to drag it out just for this. Super easy to make by
>hand and quick too! I think you could easily sub AP or Whole Wheat Pastry
>flour if you were so inclined and didn't need gluten free. Here's the
>recipe:
>
>https://wholelifestylenutrition.com/...racker-recipe/
>
>Going to go make another batch. They were so well liked that they're all
>gone.

Winco carries tapioca flour in the bulk section. In fact, Winco has a
huge assortment of all kinds of supplies for baking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with
>> wheat.

> <snork> Gee, I wonder who gave him THAT idea?
>
> Her gardener **** buddy is like a blank canvas that she can paint
> with all the intolerances and diseases that she can't juggle
> herself. Between the two of them they can have every condition,
> intolerance, allergy, and disease in the book!

Steve! You are a real B-hole. He is my gardener/handyman/friend. Nothing
else. He has a GF and I have a BF. Her name starts with an "A". My BF's name
starts with an "R". His name like mine, starts with a "J". Stop your
childish antics. I have an egg intolerance and some other medical issues to
be sorted out. I am not getting into those here. He is having stomach
issues. He thinks wheat is the issue. He is not totally certain but for the
time being, I am being careful not to give him wheat containing foods. It's
not a big deal. I have cooked/baked that way before.

But you are right. I can't juggle. Never could. My ex was good at juggling.
Maybe you are too? But... I'm not a clown, Ha.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 12/12/2018 9:24 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with
>>> wheat.

>> <snork> Gee, I wonder who gave him THAT idea?
>>

> LOL! Yeah, she seems to project food intolerances. Meanwhile, brown rice
> and beans are all one needs to be healthy.

I never said that but they can be the backbones of a good meal. I would at
least add a salad.

Tonight? I am making beef stew. If I feel that it needs to be thickened, I
will use a little sweet rice flour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 10:05:57 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> <snork> Gee, I wonder who gave him THAT idea?
>>>

>> LOL! Yeah, she seems to project food intolerances. Meanwhile, brown
>> rice and beans are all one needs to be healthy.

> Either he's really gullible (or needs to pretend he's gullible for
> his Sugar Mama), or else that's Julie's diagnosis - not his.

Stuff yourself like the turkey you are Wertz. Like me, one of his interests
is food and nutrition. Yes we do share some of the same medical problems and
no, I won't get into those here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with wheat.
>>These were so good that I couldn't even tell that they were gluten free.
>>Only think I changed was that I used potato starch instead of tapioca.
>>Why?
>>Couldn't find tapioca flour. I thought I bought it at Central Market prior
>>but they've made changes over the years and no longer have the vast
>>selection of baking supplies that they once did. Also, the light switch
>>broke in the kitchen. I was just replaced. But when I made them, the light
>>was dim in there so I accidentally over salted them. Had more of a pretzel
>>quality. Also, I mixed with my hands and not the Food Processor. I so
>>rarely
>>use it, I didn't want to drag it out just for this. Super easy to make by
>>hand and quick too! I think you could easily sub AP or Whole Wheat Pastry
>>flour if you were so inclined and didn't need gluten free. Here's the
>>recipe:
>>
>>https://wholelifestylenutrition.com/...racker-recipe/
>>
>>Going to go make another batch. They were so well liked that they're all
>>gone.

> Winco carries tapioca flour in the bulk section. In fact, Winco has a
> huge assortment of all kinds of supplies for baking.

I will look there. I know I used to buy it at Central Market. Oddly they are
the only store that sells the medium rye flour. Winco only sells the dark.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove > wrote:

> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with wheat.
>>> These were so good that I couldn't even tell that they were gluten free.
>>> Only think I changed was that I used potato starch instead of tapioca.
>>> Why?
>>> Couldn't find tapioca flour. I thought I bought it at Central Market prior
>>> but they've made changes over the years and no longer have the vast
>>> selection of baking supplies that they once did. Also, the light switch
>>> broke in the kitchen. I was just replaced. But when I made them, the light
>>> was dim in there so I accidentally over salted them. Had more of a pretzel
>>> quality. Also, I mixed with my hands and not the Food Processor. I so
>>> rarely
>>> use it, I didn't want to drag it out just for this. Super easy to make by
>>> hand and quick too! I think you could easily sub AP or Whole Wheat Pastry
>>> flour if you were so inclined and didn't need gluten free. Here's the
>>> recipe:
>>>
>>> https://wholelifestylenutrition.com/...racker-recipe/
>>>
>>> Going to go make another batch. They were so well liked that they're all
>>> gone.

>> Winco carries tapioca flour in the bulk section. In fact, Winco has a
>> huge assortment of all kinds of supplies for baking.

> I will look there. I know I used to buy it at Central Market. Oddly they are
> the only store that sells the medium rye flour. Winco only sells the dark.

Target also sells tapioca flour. Bobs Red Mill, in the baking and flour
aisle.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx the Minx" > wrote in message
news
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 22:51:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Winco carries tapioca flour in the bulk section. In fact, Winco has a
>>> huge assortment of all kinds of supplies for baking.

>> I will look there. I know I used to buy it at Central Market. Oddly they
>> are
>> the only store that sells the medium rye flour. Winco only sells the
>> dark.
>>

> Target also sells tapioca flour. Bobs Red Mill, in the baking and flour
> aisle.

Thanks! I rarely go there any more and really wanted to get it bulk as I
only need a small amount to dust on the rolling pin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 16:58:35 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> LOL! Yeah, she seems to project food intolerances. Meanwhile, brown
>>> rice and beans are all one needs to be healthy.

>> Either he's really gullible (or needs to pretend he's gullible for
>> his Sugar Mama), or else that's Julie's diagnosis - not his.

> Stuff yourself like the turkey you are Wertz. Like me, one of his interests
> is food and nutrition. Yes we do share some of the same medical problems and
> no, I won't get into those here.

He only tries to relate to your medical problems so he can keep
leeching off of you. You're extremely gullible and he knows that.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 16:55:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> I have an egg intolerance....

But... but... you've always claimed that eggs are your only true
allergy - all the rest are intolerances!

Make up your ****ing mind, will ya?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 16:58:35 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Either he's really gullible (or needs to pretend he's gullible for
>>> his Sugar Mama), or else that's Julie's diagnosis - not his.

>> Stuff yourself like the turkey you are Wertz. Like me, one of his
>> interests
>> is food and nutrition. Yes we do share some of the same medical problems
>> and
>> no, I won't get into those here.

> He only tries to relate to your medical problems so he can keep
> leeching off of you. You're extremely gullible and he knows that.

Oh really? So you know him, huh?

Actually *he* was the one to bring up several of his medical conditions and
I told him that I had some of the same problems. It's pretty easy to spot a
knee that easily dislocates and I do have a meter to test for low blood
sugar. Not gonna get into the rest of it. Not your business.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 16:55:24 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I have an egg intolerance....

> But... but... you've always claimed that eggs are your only true
> allergy - all the rest are intolerances!
>
> Make up your ****ing mind, will ya?
>
> -sw

BS. I said I do *not* have any true food allergies. I had said that
repeatedly. I was tested. Not allergic to any foods but my allergist said to
avoid anything that makes me sick.

I'm gonna bake more of that Swedish rye later. What are you cooking/baking
today?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> >> Stuff yourself like the turkey you are Wertz. Like me, one of his
> >> interests
> >> is food and nutrition. Yes we do share some of the same medical problems
> >> and
> >> no, I won't get into those here.

> > He only tries to relate to your medical problems so he can keep
> > leeching off of you. You're extremely gullible and he knows that.

> Oh really? So you know him, huh?

We know you; a needy and vulnerable sucker.

No sooner had your ex moved out, the gardener was plying you with his
hard-luck story to move himself and dog and partner rent-free into your
shed out back. No water, no kitchen, no sanitary facilities. Next thing
he's using your bathroom and washing machine, and you buy their food and
cook it.

> Actually *he* was the one to bring up several of his medical conditions and
> I told him that I had some of the same problems.

No doubt that was the other way round. You (as usual) endlessly
bloviate about your medical "issues" and he tuned in and latched on.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
t...
> In article >, says...

>> > He only tries to relate to your medical problems so he can keep
>> > leeching off of you. You're extremely gullible and he knows that.

>> Oh really? So you know him, huh?

> We know you; a needy and vulnerable sucker.
>
> No sooner had your ex moved out, the gardener was plying you with his
> hard-luck story to move himself and dog and partner rent-free into your
> shed out back. No water, no kitchen, no sanitary facilities. Next thing
> he's using your bathroom and washing machine, and you buy their food and
> cook it.
>
>> Actually *he* was the one to bring up several of his medical conditions
>> and
>> I told him that I had some of the same problems.

> No doubt that was the other way round. You (as usual) endlessly
> bloviate about your medical "issues" and he tuned in and latched on.

Nope.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in
news
> These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with
> wheat. These were so good that I couldn't even tell that they were
> gluten free. Only think I changed was that I used potato starch
> instead of tapioca. Why? Couldn't find tapioca flour. I thought I
> bought it at Central Market prior but they've made changes over the
> years and no longer have the vast selection of baking supplies that
> they once did. Also, the light switch broke in the kitchen. I was just
> replaced. But when I made them, the light was dim in there so I
> accidentally over salted them. Had more of a pretzel quality. Also, I
> mixed with my hands and not the Food Processor. I so rarely use it, I
> didn't want to drag it out just for this. Super easy to make by hand
> and quick too! I think you could easily sub AP or Whole Wheat Pastry
> flour if you were so inclined and didn't need gluten free. Here's the
> recipe:
>
> https://wholelifestylenutrition.com/...acks/gluten-fr
> ee-cracker-recipe/
>
> Going to go make another batch. They were so well liked that they're
> all gone.

Looks like a winner. Will try them soon. Thanks much for the post.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
> news >
>> These are gluten free. Someone I cook for thinks he has issues with
>> wheat. These were so good that I couldn't even tell that they were
>> gluten free. Only think I changed was that I used potato starch
>> instead of tapioca. Why? Couldn't find tapioca flour. I thought I
>> bought it at Central Market prior but they've made changes over the
>> years and no longer have the vast selection of baking supplies that
>> they once did. Also, the light switch broke in the kitchen. I was just
>> replaced. But when I made them, the light was dim in there so I
>> accidentally over salted them. Had more of a pretzel quality. Also, I
>> mixed with my hands and not the Food Processor. I so rarely use it, I
>> didn't want to drag it out just for this. Super easy to make by hand
>> and quick too! I think you could easily sub AP or Whole Wheat Pastry
>> flour if you were so inclined and didn't need gluten free. Here's the
>> recipe:
>>
>> https://wholelifestylenutrition.com/...acks/gluten-fr
>> ee-cracker-recipe/
>>
>> Going to go make another batch. They were so well liked that they're
>> all gone.
>>

> Looks like a winner. Will try them soon. Thanks much for the post.

Hope you like them as much as we do!

Seed Crackers, made them gluten free ImStillMags General Cooking 2 04-01-2015 01:33 AM
Good crackers Gary General Cooking 25 08-06-2013 05:53 PM
Anybody got a good recipe for flax meal crackers? ImStillMags General Cooking 23 19-08-2011 12:20 AM
whats a good sub for Keebler Club crackers? hahabogus General Cooking 10 16-06-2007 04:18 AM
Prawn crackers - Made how? cowparts General Cooking 9 11-05-2005 10:37 AM