Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default not a potluck

it's a retirement party

I missed the opportunity to contribute $5 so now I need to bring an
appetizer, salad, or dessert

would a turkey pasta salad be a terrible idea?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, tert in seattle
> wrote:

> it's a retirement party
>
> I missed the opportunity to contribute $5 so now I need to bring an
> appetizer, salad, or dessert
>
> would a turkey pasta salad be a terrible idea?

Meh...unless you didn't like them. You should have given the fiver or
offered a sawbuck for missing the first opportunity.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 00:44:19 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:

> it's a retirement party
>
> I missed the opportunity to contribute $5 so now I need to bring an
> appetizer, salad, or dessert
>
> would a turkey pasta salad be a terrible idea?

Yes. Most people are trying to use up their own leftover turkey.
They don't want yours, too.

Grape Nuts and prune juice.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Grape Nuts and prune juice.

I certainly hope that wasn't your
breakfast this morning. OH MAN!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 11:23:21 -0500, Gary wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Grape Nuts and prune juice.

> I certainly hope that wasn't your
> breakfast this morning. OH MAN!

Nah. I had 9 partially frozen cream puffs and tall glass of ice
cold water. The shortening in the cold whipped cream mixed with the
contents of the tall glass of ice cold water created a layer of
solidified grease on the roof of my mouth that could literally be
scraped off with my finger. Pretty cool, eh?

The cream puffs:
https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.c...100320769.html

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/26/2018 5:44 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

> would a turkey pasta salad be a terrible idea?

Not if you make it, yerself.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 11:23:21 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Grape Nuts and prune juice.

>I certainly hope that wasn't your
>breakfast this morning. OH MAN!

Add some Crystal Palace vodka for a pile driver.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

> it's a retirement party
>
> I missed the opportunity to contribute $5 so now I need to bring an
> appetizer, salad, or dessert
>
> would a turkey pasta salad be a terrible idea?

It could be. Best is to contact the organizer and see if there is
something they know they are short on.

not a potluck tert in seattle General Cooking 97 24-03-2018 09:29 PM
POTLUCK No Name General Cooking 6 05-07-2007 07:20 AM
Potluck gaohclee General Cooking 3 15-02-2006 05:44 PM
Potluck gaohclee General Cooking 0 14-02-2006 04:20 AM
PotLuck Aria Mexican Cooking 5 20-10-2003 02:37 AM