Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What's for dinner?

I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell peppers
and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and
just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead of time. It's just
heating through now. Used some onion free chicken broth powder to season the
rice and veggies. Smells really good.

If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a lot of
them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat cheese biscuits
might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal with poofy fluff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 18:04:17 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell peppers
>and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and
>just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead of time. It's just
>heating through now. Used some onion free chicken broth powder to season the
>rice and veggies. Smells really good.
>
>If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a lot of
>them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat cheese biscuits
>might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal with poofy fluff.

poofy
1 with homosexual tendencies widely used in central scotland*
<https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poofy>

--
Bruce

*and in Australia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 18:04:17 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell peppers
>and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and
>just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead of time. It's just
>heating through now. Used some onion free chicken broth powder to season the
>rice and veggies. Smells really good.
>
>If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a lot of
>them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat cheese biscuits
>might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal with poofy fluff.

oxtail soup
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/11/2018 8:04 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell
> peppers and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper,
> parsley, thyme and just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead
> of time. It's just heating through now. Used some onion free chicken
> broth powder to season the rice and veggies. Smells really good.
>
> If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a
> lot of them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat
> cheese biscuits might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal
> with poofy fluff.

* Here we thawed out a baggie of spaghetti sauce and a couple of slices
of french bread . Put the sauce over some thin spaghetti and slathered
the bread with butter and garlic powder and tossed it in the toaster
oven . Had some of the apple pie she made yesterday for dessert ...

*Tip for freezing sauces - put them in a ziplock and lay flat to freeze
, they stack better that way . Comes time to warm it , I nuke it for 30
seconds to soften a bit then break into pieces that fit in the bowl (if
nuked) or sauce pan to warm it up . Getting it out of the bag still
frozen is less messy and there's less waste .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
On 1/11/2018 8:04 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell
> peppers and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper,
> parsley, thyme and just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead
> of time. It's just heating through now. Used some onion free chicken
> broth powder to season the rice and veggies. Smells really good.
>
> If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a
> lot of them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat
> cheese biscuits might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal
> with poofy fluff.

Here we thawed out a baggie of spaghetti sauce and a couple of slices
of french bread . Put the sauce over some thin spaghetti and slathered
the bread with butter and garlic powder and tossed it in the toaster
oven . Had some of the apple pie she made yesterday for dessert ...

Tip for freezing sauces - put them in a ziplock and lay flat to freeze
, they stack better that way . Comes time to warm it , I nuke it for 30
seconds to soften a bit then break into pieces that fit in the bowl (if
nuked) or sauce pan to warm it up . Getting it out of the bag still
frozen is less messy and there's less waste .

Snag

==

That is how I freeze a anything that will freeze flat)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 9:04:26 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell peppers
> and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and
> just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead of time. It's just
> heating through now. Used some onion free chicken broth powder to season the
> rice and veggies. Smells really good.
>
> If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a lot of
> them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat cheese biscuits
> might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal with poofy fluff.

Fried egg sandwich.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell peppers
> and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and
> just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead of time. It's just
> heating through now. Used some onion free chicken broth powder to season the
> rice and veggies. Smells really good.
>
> If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a lot of
> them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat cheese biscuits
> might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal with poofy fluff.

pizza!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news >
>On 1/11/2018 8:04 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell
>> peppers and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper,
>> parsley, thyme and just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead
>> of time. It's just heating through now. Used some onion free chicken
>> broth powder to season the rice and veggies. Smells really good.
>>
>> If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a
>> lot of them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat
>> cheese biscuits might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal
>> with poofy fluff.

> Here we thawed out a baggie of spaghetti sauce and a couple of slices
>of french bread . Put the sauce over some thin spaghetti and slathered
>the bread with butter and garlic powder and tossed it in the toaster
>oven . Had some of the apple pie she made yesterday for dessert ...
>
> Tip for freezing sauces - put them in a ziplock and lay flat to freeze
>, they stack better that way . Comes time to warm it , I nuke it for 30
>seconds to soften a bit then break into pieces that fit in the bowl (if
>nuked) or sauce pan to warm it up . Getting it out of the bag still
>frozen is less messy and there's less waste .
>
> Snag
>
>==
>
>That is how I freeze a anything that will freeze flat)

me too
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>That is how I freeze a anything that will freeze flat)
>>

> me too
> Janet US

Doesn't everyone?

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 12:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> That is how I freeze a anything that will freeze flat)
>>>

>> me too
>> Janet US

> Doesn't everyone?
>
> Cheri

* OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
someone here will benefit from this comment ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 12:10 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/12/2018 12:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> me too
>>> Janet US

>> Doesn't everyone?
>>
>> Cheri

> * OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
> someone here will benefit from this comment ...

Have you made any more fries in your air fryer yet?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
On 1/12/2018 12:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> That is how I freeze a anything that will freeze flat)
>>>

>> me too
>> Janet US

> Doesn't everyone?
>
> Cheri

OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
someone here will benefit from this comment ...

Snag

===

I am sure of it Just because 3 of us do it doesn't mean everybody)

Oh, I made chips today in the AF. They were pretty good. A bit drier than
in the deep fryer but D enjoyed them and that is all that matters. You were
right about 30 mins. so thanks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 12:38 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs"* wrote in message news >
> On 1/12/2018 12:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> me too
>>> Janet US

>> Doesn't everyone?
>>
>> Cheri

> * OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
> someone here will benefit from this comment ...
>
> *Snag
>
> ===
>
> I am sure of it* Just because 3 of us do it doesn't mean everybody)
>
> Oh, I made chips today in the AF.* They were pretty good.* A bit drier
> than in the deep fryer but D enjoyed them and that is all that matters.
> You were right about 30 mins.* so thanks

Tnx for your report too!

Duck?

Anyone air fried a duck yet?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/12/2018 12:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> me too
>>> Janet US

>> Doesn't everyone?
>>
>> Cheri

> OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that someone
> here will benefit from this comment ...

I'm sure they will, nothing wrong with tossing stuff like that out since
there are many good ideas that others have not heard about. I hear lots of
new things here.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa estilo antiguo" wrote in message news
On 1/12/2018 12:38 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message news >
> On 1/12/2018 12:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> me too
>>> Janet US

>> Doesn't everyone?
>>
>> Cheri

> OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
> someone here will benefit from this comment ...
>
> Snag
>
> ===
>
> I am sure of it Just because 3 of us do it doesn't mean everybody)
>
> Oh, I made chips today in the AF. They were pretty good. A bit drier
> than in the deep fryer but D enjoyed them and that is all that matters.
> You were right about 30 mins. so thanks

Tnx for your report too!

Duck?

Anyone air fried a duck yet?

==
Not I, but I will say, that if you do it (and I am sure it will turn out
beautifully), make sure it fits the basket with room to spare)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
news
> On 1/12/2018 12:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> me too
>>> Janet US

>> Doesn't everyone?
>>
>> Cheri

> OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that someone
> here will benefit from this comment ...

I'm sure they will, nothing wrong with tossing stuff like that out since
there are many good ideas that others have not heard about. I hear lots of
new things here.

Cheri

==

Oh yes!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 1:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Casa estilo antiguo"* wrote in message news >
> On 1/12/2018 12:38 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Terry Coombs"* wrote in message news >>

>>> Doesn't everyone?
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> ** OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
>> someone here will benefit from this comment ...
>>
>> * Snag
>>
>> ===
>>
>> I am sure of it* Just because 3 of us do it doesn't mean everybody)
>>
>> Oh, I made chips today in the AF.* They were pretty good.* A bit drier
>> than in the deep fryer but D enjoyed them and that is all that
>> matters. You were right about 30 mins.* so thanks
>>

> Tnx for your report too!
>
> Duck?
>
> Anyone air fried a duck yet?
>
> ==
> Not I, but I will say, that if you do it (and I am sure it will turn out
> beautifully), make sure it fits the basket with room to spare)

Roger that - I've become mired in my search for the best shaped and
sized air fryer.

So many choices on Amazon!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa estilo antiguo" wrote in message news
On 1/12/2018 1:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Casa estilo antiguo" wrote in message
> news >
> On 1/12/2018 12:38 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message news >>

>>> Doesn't everyone?
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
>> someone here will benefit from this comment ...
>>
>> Snag
>>
>> ===
>>
>> I am sure of it Just because 3 of us do it doesn't mean everybody)
>>
>> Oh, I made chips today in the AF. They were pretty good. A bit drier
>> than in the deep fryer but D enjoyed them and that is all that matters.
>> You were right about 30 mins. so thanks
>>

> Tnx for your report too!
>
> Duck?
>
> Anyone air fried a duck yet?
>
> ==
> Not I, but I will say, that if you do it (and I am sure it will turn out
> beautifully), make sure it fits the basket with room to spare)

Roger that - I've become mired in my search for the best shaped and
sized air fryer.

So many choices on Amazon!

==

I guess it depends how many you are cooking for. Ours is a 3.2 litre but I
am cooking just for 2 of us.

I had my eye on a Philips or this one, The Power Air Fryer made from Tristar
Products, had a good discount so ... I am very pleased with it.

Ask Terry as well, what he has.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 2:10 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Casa estilo antiguo"* wrote in message
> news >
> On 1/12/2018 1:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Casa estilo antiguo"* wrote in message
>> news >>
>> On 1/12/2018 12:38 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> ** OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
>>> someone here will benefit from this comment ...
>>>
>>> * Snag
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> I am sure of it* Just because 3 of us do it doesn't mean everybody)
>>>
>>> Oh, I made chips today in the AF.* They were pretty good.* A bit
>>> drier than in the deep fryer but D enjoyed them and that is all that
>>> matters. You were right about 30 mins.* so thanks
>>>

>> Tnx for your report too!
>>
>> Duck?
>>
>> Anyone air fried a duck yet?
>>
>> ==
>> Not I, but I will say, that if you do it (and I am sure it will turn
>> out beautifully), make sure it fits the basket with room to spare)
>>

> Roger that - I've become mired in my search for the best shaped and
> sized air fryer.
>
> So many choices on Amazon!
>
> ==
>
> I guess it depends how many you are cooking for.* Ours is a 3.2 litre
> but I am cooking just for 2 of us.
>
> I had my eye on a Philips or this one, The Power Air Fryer made from
> Tristar Products, had a good discount so ... I am very pleased with it.
>
> Ask Terry as well, what he has.

Thanks, that's helpful.

So Terry, which one did you purchase?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 22:27:46 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 1/11/2018 8:04 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I am doing a bake of brown rice, chicken breast, peas, celery, bell
>> peppers and peas. Also contains olive oil, butter, salt, pepper,
>> parsley, thyme and just a tiny bit of oregano. Cooked everything ahead
>> of time. It's just heating through now. Used some onion free chicken
>> broth powder to season the rice and veggies. Smells really good.
>>
>> If there is time, I will likely bake a tube of crescent rolls. Got a
>> lot of them for cheap at Walmart. On second thought... Whole wheat
>> cheese biscuits might be better. Don't want to mess up a healthy meal
>> with poofy fluff.

> * Here we thawed out a baggie of spaghetti sauce and a couple of slices
>of french bread . Put the sauce over some thin spaghetti and slathered
>the bread with butter and garlic powder and tossed it in the toaster
>oven . Had some of the apple pie she made yesterday for dessert ...
>
> *Tip for freezing sauces - put them in a ziplock and lay flat to freeze
>, they stack better that way . Comes time to warm it , I nuke it for 30
>seconds to soften a bit then break into pieces that fit in the bowl (if
>nuked) or sauce pan to warm it up . Getting it out of the bag still
>frozen is less messy and there's less waste .

You waste Zip-Locs thata way, lots of em. I have a supply of
rectangular reuseable one pint, and one quart
plastic tubs... stack in the freezer like bricks leaving just enough
room for air to circulate... some I wash by hand, some go into the
dishwasher. No wasted Zip-Locs. My tubs nest so no wasted storage
space... even the lids nest.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:21:30 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>>That is how I freeze a anything that will freeze flat)
>>>

>> me too
>> Janet US

>Doesn't everyone?
>
>Cheri

Not I... I think wasting Zip-Locs is stoopid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:43:13 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> You waste Zip-Locs thata way, lots of em. I have a supply of
> rectangular reuseable one pint, and one quart
> plastic tubs... stack in the freezer like bricks leaving just enough
> room for air to circulate... some I wash by hand, some go into the
> dishwasher. No wasted Zip-Locs. My tubs nest so no wasted storage
> space... even the lids nest.

I love Ziploc bags. I bought a box of 500 gallon sized ones today. I use them for sous vide, mixing dough, and even storage. They make my life easier and better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 3:10 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Casa estilo antiguo"* wrote in message
> news >
> On 1/12/2018 1:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Casa estilo antiguo"* wrote in message
>> news >>
>> On 1/12/2018 12:38 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> ** OK , so I'm not all that original . But I betcha a nickel that
>>> someone here will benefit from this comment ...
>>>
>>> * Snag
>>>
>>> ===
>>>
>>> I am sure of it* Just because 3 of us do it doesn't mean everybody)
>>>
>>> Oh, I made chips today in the AF.* They were pretty good.* A bit
>>> drier than in the deep fryer but D enjoyed them and that is all that
>>> matters. You were right about 30 mins.* so thanks
>>>

>> Tnx for your report too!
>>
>> Duck?
>>
>> Anyone air fried a duck yet?
>>
>> ==
>> Not I, but I will say, that if you do it (and I am sure it will turn
>> out beautifully), make sure it fits the basket with room to spare)
>>

> Roger that - I've become mired in my search for the best shaped and
> sized air fryer.
>
> So many choices on Amazon!
>
> ==
>
> I guess it depends how many you are cooking for.* Ours is a 3.2 litre
> but I am cooking just for 2 of us.
>
> I had my eye on a Philips or this one, The Power Air Fryer made from
> Tristar Products, had a good discount so ... I am very pleased with it.
>
> Ask Terry as well, what he has.

Ours is a Farberware model 554023059 , not sure of the capacity but it
draws 1400 watts .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 5:16 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/12/2018 3:10 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Casa estilo antiguo"* wrote in message
>> news >>
>> On 1/12/2018 1:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "Casa estilo antiguo"* wrote in message
>>> news >>>

>>> Tnx for your report too!
>>>
>>> Duck?
>>>
>>> Anyone air fried a duck yet?
>>>
>>> ==
>>> Not I, but I will say, that if you do it (and I am sure it will turn
>>> out beautifully), make sure it fits the basket with room to spare)
>>>

>> Roger that - I've become mired in my search for the best shaped and
>> sized air fryer.
>>
>> So many choices on Amazon!
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I guess it depends how many you are cooking for.* Ours is a 3.2 litre
>> but I am cooking just for 2 of us.
>>
>> I had my eye on a Philips or this one, The Power Air Fryer made from
>> Tristar Products, had a good discount so ... I am very pleased with it.
>>
>> Ask Terry as well, what he has.
>>

> Ours is a Farberware model 554023059 , not sure of the capacity but it
> draws 1400 watts .

Tnx Terry, I'll add that to my Amazon comparison.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:11:08 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:43:13 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> You waste Zip-Locs thata way, lots of em. I have a supply of
>> rectangular reuseable one pint, and one quart
>> plastic tubs... stack in the freezer like bricks leaving just enough
>> room for air to circulate... some I wash by hand, some go into the
>> dishwasher. No wasted Zip-Locs. My tubs nest so no wasted storage
>> space... even the lids nest.

>I love Ziploc bags. I bought a box of 500 gallon sized ones today. I use them for sous vide, mixing dough, and even storage. They make my life easier and better.

The one gallon size suck. They are too large for most items. The one
quart size is very often too small. However they don't make a two
quart size. I find Zip-Locs a big rip off. I'll change my mind when
they make a two quart size... but they never will. They get you to
waste money buying the expensive too large gallon size.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2018 1:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> That is how I freeze a anything that will freeze flat)
>>>

>> me too
>> Janet US

> Doesn't everyone?
>
> Cheri

I don't. Not liquids.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:44:14 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/12/2018 5:23 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-01-12 4:46 PM, wrote:
>>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:21:30 -0800, "Cheri" >

>>> Not I... I think wasting Zip-Locs is stoopid.

>> Me too. We go through at least two dairy product tubs each week, yogurt,
>> or sour cream, margarine etc.* Those make suitable containers for
>> leftovers. They can be washed out and used again, or they can go into
>> cycling. There is not neat to create more waste.
>>

>When I buy fresh cheeses I'll store them in the fridge in a freezer bag
>(whatever brand you choose). But I also keep the cheese well wrapped
>inside the bag. The bags can be washed and reused a few times.
>Something like tomato sauce in a freezer bag? I can't see being able to
>re-use the bag after storing acidic tomato sauce in it.
>
>I have stackable Rubbermaid containers I use for nearly all my
>refrigerated and frozen leftovers. Lots of different sizes. They don't
>take up much room.
>
>I wouldn't trust the seal on a freezer bag when storing liquid. Does it
>have an actual zipper tab? Or do you have to rely on Yellow + Green =
>Blue to make sure you've got the bag sealed?
>
>This might be where a Food Saver comes into play. Me, I just use
>reliable, reusable, washable, stackable freezer containers.
>
>Jill

I make 12 gallons (+/-) of spaghetti sauce at a time. I fill each
quart Ziploc freezer bag with 16 ounces of sauce. I lay them flat,
overlapping on a couple of half sheet pans. I put the pans in the
deep freeze until everything is frozen solid. Then I use a 2 or 3
three gallon zip bags to corral all the bags of spaghetti sauce.
Everything is flat, everything is frozen and kept together. Once
years ago I had a couple of bags from the same box leak immediately as
I filled them. I called the company and they sent me coupons for a
couple of free boxes of bags.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:26:27 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/12/2018 1:21 PM, Cheri wrote:
>> "U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:23 -0000, "Ophelia" >

>>> me too
>>> Janet US

>> Doesn't everyone?
>>
>> Cheri

>I don't. Not liquids.
>
>Jill

I put soups into large cottage cheese containers and freeze that way.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 3:04:59 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> The one gallon size suck. They are too large for most items. The one
> quart size is very often too small. However they don't make a two
> quart size. I find Zip-Locs a big rip off. I'll change my mind when
> they make a two quart size... but they never will. They get you to
> waste money buying the expensive too large gallon size.

I need the gallon size to mix bread dough and shortcrust. All the other sizes are too small. I go through a lot of them and would never think of going back to mixing up these things in a bowl. I am one happy camper.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> I make 12 gallons (+/-) of spaghetti sauce at a time.

:-o
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 04:07:17 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 04:41:43 -0500, Gary wrote:
>
>> "U.S. Janet B." wrote:
>>>
>>> I make 12 gallons (+/-) of spaghetti sauce at a time.

>> :-o

>You wake up and start posting way too early, Gary.
>
>It's Saturday morning - Time to get a new stash of frozen pizzas,
>extra cheese, and broccoli!

Isn't McDonalds open 24/24?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

I have stackable Rubbermaid containers I use for nearly all my
refrigerated and frozen leftovers. Lots of different sizes. They don't
take up much room.

I wouldn't trust the seal on a freezer bag when storing liquid. Does it
have an actual zipper tab? Or do you have to rely on Yellow + Green =
Blue to make sure you've got the bag sealed?

This might be where a Food Saver comes into play. Me, I just use
reliable, reusable, washable, stackable freezer containers.

Jill

==

I use all three. Yesterday I got a bunch of rump steaks. I used 'Food
Savers' to sous vide them and then into the freezer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 1/12/2018 5:23 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-01-12 4:46 PM, wrote:
>>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:21:30 -0800, "Cheri" >

>>> Not I... I think wasting Zip-Locs is stoopid.

>> Me too. We go through at least two dairy product tubs each week, yogurt,
>> or sour cream, margarine etc. Those make suitable containers for
>> leftovers. They can be washed out and used again, or they can go into
>> cycling. There is not neat to create more waste.
>>

>When I buy fresh cheeses I'll store them in the fridge in a freezer bag
>(whatever brand you choose). But I also keep the cheese well wrapped
>inside the bag. The bags can be washed and reused a few times.
>Something like tomato sauce in a freezer bag? I can't see being able to
>re-use the bag after storing acidic tomato sauce in it.
>
>I have stackable Rubbermaid containers I use for nearly all my
>refrigerated and frozen leftovers. Lots of different sizes. They don't
>take up much room.
>
>I wouldn't trust the seal on a freezer bag when storing liquid. Does it
>have an actual zipper tab? Or do you have to rely on Yellow + Green =
>Blue to make sure you've got the bag sealed?
>
>This might be where a Food Saver comes into play. Me, I just use
>reliable, reusable, washable, stackable freezer containers.
>
>Jill

I make 12 gallons (+/-) of spaghetti sauce at a time. I fill each
quart Ziploc freezer bag with 16 ounces of sauce. I lay them flat,
overlapping on a couple of half sheet pans. I put the pans in the
deep freeze until everything is frozen solid. Then I use a 2 or 3
three gallon zip bags to corral all the bags of spaghetti sauce.
Everything is flat, everything is frozen and kept together. Once
years ago I had a couple of bags from the same box leak immediately as
I filled them. I called the company and they sent me coupons for a
couple of free boxes of bags.
Janet US

==

Blimey, what pan are you using???