veris and amee young

Default OT : recomandation for candy thermometer

hi

we used to have the glass candy thermometer for making fudge, but it is
broke so now we are in market for new one. We were wondering if there the
digital thermometer would be good for fudge making or is there one that you
would recommend? I need to make some fudge before next week for thanksgiving
so pls reply as soon as you can.

amee

Zywicki

Amazon.com has everything, including what you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...495338-1686509

I like the remote one that sits on a table the best; you can also use
it for roasts. I've got one like that without the pan clip. I need to
work up a clip like that so I can use it for candy, oil, etc.
Greg Zywicki

Scott

In article >,
"veris and amee young" > wrote:

> we used to have the glass candy thermometer for making fudge, but it is
> broke so now we are in market for new one. We were wondering if there the
> digital thermometer would be good for fudge making or is there one that you
> would recommend? I need to make some fudge before next week for thanksgiving
> so pls reply as soon as you can.

I've been using this for a while now:
<http://tinyurl.com/5zbgk>
(annoying that it's $0.02 away from free shipping)

Much easier to read than what I had befo
<http://tinyurl.com/6z5oh>

As far as accuracy, I haven't had a batch--fudge, brittle, or other
candies--fail yet.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>
Scott

In article >,
"veris and amee young" > wrote:

> we used to have the glass candy thermometer for making fudge, but it is
> broke so now we are in market for new one. We were wondering if there the
> digital thermometer would be good for fudge making or is there one that you
> would recommend? I need to make some fudge before next week for thanksgiving
> so pls reply as soon as you can.

I've been using this for a while now:
<http://tinyurl.com/5zbgk>
(annoying that it's $0.02 away from free shipping)

Much easier to read than what I had befo
<http://tinyurl.com/6z5oh>

As far as accuracy, I haven't had a batch--fudge, brittle, or other
candies--fail yet.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>
Scott

In article >,
"veris and amee young" > wrote:

> we used to have the glass candy thermometer for making fudge, but it is
> broke so now we are in market for new one. We were wondering if there the
> digital thermometer would be good for fudge making or is there one that you
> would recommend? I need to make some fudge before next week for thanksgiving
> so pls reply as soon as you can.

I've been using this for a while now:
<http://tinyurl.com/5zbgk>
(annoying that it's $0.02 away from free shipping)

Much easier to read than what I had befo
<http://tinyurl.com/6z5oh>

As far as accuracy, I haven't had a batch--fudge, brittle, or other
candies--fail yet.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>
Scott

In article >,
"veris and amee young" > wrote:

> we used to have the glass candy thermometer for making fudge, but it is
> broke so now we are in market for new one. We were wondering if there the
> digital thermometer would be good for fudge making or is there one that you
> would recommend? I need to make some fudge before next week for thanksgiving
> so pls reply as soon as you can.

I've been using this for a while now:
<http://tinyurl.com/5zbgk>
(annoying that it's $0.02 away from free shipping)

Much easier to read than what I had befo
<http://tinyurl.com/6z5oh>

As far as accuracy, I haven't had a batch--fudge, brittle, or other
candies--fail yet.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>
Donna Rose

In article .com>,
says...
> Amazon.com has everything, including what you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...495338-1686509

> I like the remote one that sits on a table the best; you can also use
> it for roasts. I've got one like that without the pan clip. I need to
> work up a clip like that so I can use it for candy, oil, etc.
> Greg Zywicki

Clip a binder clip onto the edge of your pot, and flip the 'arm' on the
inside down to hold the probe in one place. I think I saw that on one of
Alton Brown's shows.
--
Donna
A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.

Donna Rose

In article .com>,
says...
> Amazon.com has everything, including what you're looking for:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...495338-1686509

> I like the remote one that sits on a table the best; you can also use
> it for roasts. I've got one like that without the pan clip. I need to
> work up a clip like that so I can use it for candy, oil, etc.
> Greg Zywicki

Clip a binder clip onto the edge of your pot, and flip the 'arm' on the
inside down to hold the probe in one place. I think I saw that on one of
Alton Brown's shows.
--
Donna
A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.
Zywicki

tried it. It needs help, as the clip doesn't keep the probe off the
pan bottom, especially if there's stirring

Greg Zywicki

Zywicki