Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A BAKER'S STORY

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection
and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of
celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including
Mrs.Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins. Betty Crocker,
the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled
high with flours. Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly
described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.

Born and bread in Minnesota, Doughboy rose quickly in show business,
but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a
very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked
schemes.Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty
old man, and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John
Dough, Jane Dough, and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He
is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message

[...]

===

lolol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 2:48:32 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
> community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection
> and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.
>
> Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of
> celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including
> Mrs.Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins. Betty Crocker,
> the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled
> high with flours. Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly
> described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.
>
> Born and bread in Minnesota, Doughboy rose quickly in show business,
> but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a
> very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked
> schemes.Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty
> old man, and was considered a positive roll model for millions.
>
> Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John
> Dough, Jane Dough, and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He
> is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.
>
> The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

Had me at A Baker's Story! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hilarious, Shel...thanks for the morning chuckle.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> Hilarious, Shel...thanks for the morning chuckle.
>
> N.

that was such an old story, I'm now waiting for him to post the
Neiman Marcus cc cookie recipe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 3:48:32 PM UTC-5, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment
> community. The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection
> and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.
>
> Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of
> celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including
> Mrs.Butterworth, Hungry Jack, the California Raisins. Betty Crocker,
> the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch. The grave site was piled
> high with flours. Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly
> described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded.
>
> Born and bread in Minnesota, Doughboy rose quickly in show business,
> but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a
> very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked
> schemes.Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty
> old man, and was considered a positive roll model for millions.
>
> Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John
> Dough, Jane Dough, and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He
> is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.
>
> The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

He will 'rise from the bread'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 09:52:43 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> Hilarious, Shel...thanks for the morning chuckle.
>>
>> N.

>that was such an old story, I'm now waiting for him to post the
>Neiman Marcus cc cookie recipe.

Lol yes, came out about the same time
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Well, I had never seen it in my 3/4 of a century life. ;-))

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 2:48:44 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:

> Well, I had never seen it in my 3/4 of a century life. ;-))
>
> N.

Have you read the "Redneck Engineers Exam"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

It sounds very familiar, It's Joan....I think I sent it to my granddaughter, who is an
architect/engineer, just starting her post-grad apprenticeship. ;-))

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 8:18:38 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 2:48:44 PM UTC-6, Nancy2 wrote:
> >
> > Well, I had never seen it in my 3/4 of a century life. ;-))
> >
> > N.
> >

> Have you read the "Redneck Engineers Exam"?

Have you ever read "Engineerrs Explained"?

John Kuthe...

I'm not much of a baker... [email protected] General Cooking 19 20-10-2011 08:14 PM
Bill Baker RIP John T Wine 1 05-02-2008 07:25 PM
Baker's Cales Nartker Baking 3 22-06-2005 08:46 AM
New Baker [email protected] Baking 1 05-02-2005 11:27 PM
Inept baker question - Baker's brownie recipe brushfire General Cooking 8 27-07-2004 07:48 PM