Default New Baker

Hi, I'm a new hostess, I have just bought a house and I am hosting a
party for the first time for my family I wanted to try some new baking
ideas, so I was hoping for some great ideas from this discussion group,
hopefully you can help me as the party date is approaching quickly.
I need ideas for finger foods, and such that can be consumed easily at
a party.

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, I'm a new hostess, I have just bought a house and I am hosting a
> party for the first time for my family I wanted to try some new baking
> ideas, so I was hoping for some great ideas from this discussion group,
> hopefully you can help me as the party date is approaching quickly.
> I need ideas for finger foods, and such that can be consumed easily at
> a party.

I would check the bookstore. Gale Gand has a book out that specializes in
small bites of baked goods called "Just a Bite."

I would take a look quickly as creating a lot of small servings of finger
food can be far more time consuming and require more skill than making a
large item that is sliced and served on plates. It may also require more
equipment. If you look at that book you can decide if you are up to the
task considering you will be in a new kitchen and have limited experience
and time. You may find it more satisfactory to buy an assortment of
pastries from a decent bakery.

A BAKER'S STORY Brooklyn1 General Cooking 10 05-01-2017 08:15 PM
I'm not much of a baker... [email protected] General Cooking 19 20-10-2011 08:14 PM
No baker is perfect Cindi - HappyMamatoThree General Cooking 3 22-01-2007 02:55 AM
Merry Baker PENMART01 General Cooking 0 23-12-2004 05:21 PM
Inept baker question - Baker's brownie recipe brushfire General Cooking 8 27-07-2004 07:48 PM