Nartker

Default Baker's Cales

Does anyone know a souce on a baker's blanace Scale?

Mike Avery

Nartker wrote:

>Does anyone know a souce on a baker's blanace Scale?

Check eBay. Also, look at restaurant supply houses. We got ours at
Cresco (http://www.restaurantequipment.com/), but I know many other
places have them.

Be warned, a good set of bakers balance scales are not cheap. They are
not designed for critical acuracy, but ruggedness. Bakers scale dough
on them, which means they cut the dough to reduce the doughball's size
on the scales. So, they have to be rugged. You just can't do that with
digital scales.

Mike

restaurant supply stores or specialty kitchen stores for home cooks.

A good balance scale will run about $250 with weights and pan.

There is often a small adjustable weight on the scale arm to allow
settings to 1/2 ounce.

They are very good for quick weighing of ingredients but may not be
suitable for very small quantities.

try www.bakeryequipment.com

Is there a reason (large quantity baking I assume) you want to use a
balance scale instead of the digitals? I love my digital scale. You can
get those on Amazon. I got mine at a wonderful hardware store.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...ance&s=kitchen
Easily switch from ounces to grams. Precise to 2-gram increments up to
2 kilograms, then 5-gram increments up to 5 kilograms
-Marylouise

I'm not much of a baker... [email protected] General Cooking 19 20-10-2011 08:14 PM
No baker is perfect Cindi - HappyMamatoThree General Cooking 3 22-01-2007 02:55 AM
New Baker [email protected] Baking 1 05-02-2005 11:27 PM
Merry Baker PENMART01 General Cooking 0 23-12-2004 05:21 PM
Inept baker question - Baker's brownie recipe brushfire General Cooking 8 27-07-2004 07:48 PM