Old 27-07-2004, 01:45 AM
brushfire

Default Inept baker question - Baker's brownie recipe

The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls for
the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on the
outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 27-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Nancy Young

brushfire wrote:

The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls for
the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on the
outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?

Line the inside. Nice and tight.

nancy

Old 27-07-2004, 02:10 AM
brushfire

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
brushfire wrote:

The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls

for
the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on

the
outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?

Line the inside. Nice and tight.

nancy

Thanks. One lousy baker saved tonight!

Old 27-07-2004, 03:16 AM
hahabogus

Nancy Young wrote in
:

brushfire wrote:

The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies
calls for the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch
baking pan". Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated
with Teflon) on the outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on
the inside?

Line the inside. Nice and tight.

nancy

Since you'll probably want to move the brownie mass somewhere to cut it up
the foil makes it easier to lift it out...If you use a knife in your teflon
pan you'll scratch the teflon all up. See we all aren't as crazy as you
thought....(well some of us). WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.

Old 27-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , "brushfire"
wrote:

The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies
calls for the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch
baking pan". Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated
with Teflon) on the outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on
the inside?

Thanks,
Tom

Surely, it does go on the inside. I means you line the inside of the
pan with foil. Liners refer to inner surfaces. I prefer parchment,
myself.
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com An update on 7/22/04.

Old 27-07-2004, 07:48 PM
jmk

On 7/26/2004 8:45 PM, brushfire wrote:
The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls for
the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on the
outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?

Thanks,
Tom

I actually don't do the foil. My 9x12 pan is pyrex. I get out the
butter for the recipe, use the wrapper(s) to grease the pan, being sure
to coat the corners. After preparing the pan this way, I start to make
the recipe.

FWIW, I do think that they mean lining the inside only. I have done dog
treat recipes that require this treatment... It does make clean up a snap.

I hope that this helps!

--
jmk in NC

I'm not much of a baker... [email protected] General Cooking 19 20-10-2011 08:14 PM
Baker's sugar [email protected] General Cooking 13 27-03-2008 06:29 PM
I have a question about Baker's Percentage Rich Hollenbeck Sourdough 27 19-12-2005 05:38 PM
New Baker [email protected] Baking 1 05-02-2005 11:27 PM
Brownie recipe from Baker's chocolate? Dave Palmer General Cooking 21 14-11-2004 08:45 PM