brushfire

Default Inept baker question - Baker's brownie recipe

The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls for
the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on the
outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?

Thanks,
Tom

Nancy Young

brushfire wrote:

> The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls for
> the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
> Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on the
> outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?

Line the inside. Nice and tight.

nancy
Nancy Young

brushfire wrote:

> The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls for
> the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
> Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on the
> outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?

Line the inside. Nice and tight.

nancy
brushfire

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> brushfire wrote:
> >
> > The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls

for
> > the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
> > Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on

the
> > outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?

> Line the inside. Nice and tight.
>
> nancy

Thanks. One lousy baker saved tonight!

hahabogus

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> brushfire wrote:
>>
>> The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies
>> calls for the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch
>> baking pan". Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated
>> with Teflon) on the outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on
>> the inside?

> Line the inside. Nice and tight.
>
> nancy

Since you'll probably want to move the brownie mass somewhere to cut it up
the foil makes it easier to lift it out...If you use a knife in your teflon
pan you'll scratch the teflon all up. See we all aren't as crazy as you
thought....(well some of us). WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.

hahabogus

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> brushfire wrote:
>>
>> The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies
>> calls for the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch
>> baking pan". Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated
>> with Teflon) on the outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on
>> the inside?

> Line the inside. Nice and tight.
>
> nancy

Since you'll probably want to move the brownie mass somewhere to cut it up
the foil makes it easier to lift it out...If you use a knife in your teflon
pan you'll scratch the teflon all up. See we all aren't as crazy as you
thought....(well some of us). WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
--------
FIELDS, W. C.
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "brushfire"
> wrote:

> The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies
> calls for the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch
> baking pan". Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated
> with Teflon) on the outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on
> the inside?

> Thanks,
> Tom

Surely, it does go on the inside. I means you line the inside of the
pan with foil. Liners refer to inner surfaces. I prefer parchment,
myself.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "brushfire"
> wrote:

> The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies
> calls for the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch
> baking pan". Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated
> with Teflon) on the outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on
> the inside?

> Thanks,
> Tom

Surely, it does go on the inside. I means you line the inside of the
pan with foil. Liners refer to inner surfaces. I prefer parchment,
myself.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 7/22/04.

jmk

On 7/26/2004 8:45 PM, brushfire wrote:
> The recipe on Baker's unsweetened chocolate package for brownies calls for
> the batter to be "spread into greased foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan".
> Does this mean I wrap the entire pan (it's metal coated with Teflon) on the
> outside with tin foil? Surely it doesn't go on the inside?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

I actually don't do the foil. My 9x12 pan is pyrex. I get out the
butter for the recipe, use the wrapper(s) to grease the pan, being sure
to coat the corners. After preparing the pan this way, I start to make
the recipe.

FWIW, I do think that they mean lining the inside only. I have done dog
treat recipes that require this treatment... It does make clean up a snap.

I hope that this helps!

--
jmk in NC

I'm not much of a baker... [email protected] General Cooking 19 20-10-2011 08:14 PM
Baker's sugar [email protected] General Cooking 13 27-03-2008 06:29 PM
I have a question about Baker's Percentage Rich Hollenbeck Sourdough 27 19-12-2005 05:38 PM
New Baker [email protected] Baking 1 05-02-2005 11:27 PM
Brownie recipe from Baker's chocolate? Dave Palmer General Cooking 21 14-11-2004 08:45 PM