Old 15-11-2004, 02:11 AM
Melba's Jammin'

Default My Pork Roast :-)

Just a couple pictures are on my website: www.jamlady.eboard.com.

Dang, it was good!
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com Updated 10-22-04; Popovers!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

Old 15-11-2004, 02:14 AM
Wayne Boatwright

Melba's Jammin' wrote in news:thisisbogus-
:

Just a couple pictures are on my website:
www.jamlady.eboard.com.

Dang, it was good!

Looks delish! So do the taters and slaw. What kind of slaw is that?

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Old 15-11-2004, 03:31 AM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

Melba's Jammin' wrote in news:thisisbogus-
:

Just a couple pictures are on my website:
www.jamlady.eboard.com.

Dang, it was good!

Looks delish! So do the taters and slaw. What kind of slaw is that?

Secret Family Recipe: Dole bagged cole slaw lightly dressed with
Jimmy's Cole Slaw Dressing (refrigerated; local brand, I think). I
added some sliced red onion to the cabbage/carrot blend. Thanks, Wayne.

Old 15-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Janet Bostwick

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
Just a couple pictures are on my website: www.jamlady.eboard.com.

Dang, it was good!
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com Updated 10-22-04; Popovers!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

Now I know for sure that you are from the mid-West. No one else I know uses
potato water to make gravy.
Janet

Old 15-11-2004, 03:47 AM
Bob

Barb wrote:

Just a couple pictures are on my website: www.jamlady.eboard.com.

Looking at the picture of the pork roast itself, I've got to bestow on you
the compliment that I usually get from the ladies: "That's one fine-looking
piece of meat." ;-)

Bob

Old 15-11-2004, 04:36 AM
MareCat

"Janet Bostwick" wrote in message

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
Just a couple pictures are on my website: www.jamlady.eboard.com.

Dang, it was good!
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com Updated 10-22-04; Popovers!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide

Divn.

Now I know for sure that you are from the mid-West. No one else I know

uses
potato water to make gravy.
Janet

Hey--I'm not from the mid-west, and I use potato water to make gravy...

Got the idea from my brother (who's not from the mid-west either).

(Yummy-looking pictures, Barb.)

Old 15-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , "Janet Bostwick"
wrote:
Now I know for sure that you are from the mid-West. No one else I
know uses potato water to make gravy.

Janet

Yer kidding! Waste not, want not.

Old 15-11-2004, 05:05 AM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , "MareCat"
wrote:
(Yummy-looking pictures, Barb.)

Thanks. Rob just glanced up and said, "Putting them on your website,
huh?" I am so lame.

Old 15-11-2004, 05:48 AM
Bob

Barb replied to Janet:

Now I know for sure that you are from the mid-West. No one else I
know uses potato water to make gravy.

Yer kidding! Waste not, want not.

Just because it isn't being used for gravy doesn't mean it's going to waste.
One of my basic bread recipes uses potato water. For that matter, the
_Vegetarian Epicure_ series relies on a basic potato peel stock in most of
its soups. Potato water is also useful if you're trying to culture a
sourdough starter, but since I don't like sourdough, I leave that to others.

Bob

Roast pork? [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 38 10-04-2016 01:20 AM
Pork roast elaich General Cooking 22 13-10-2008 03:44 AM
Best pork roast ever Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 21 16-05-2006 06:39 PM
roast pork Kathy in NZ General Cooking 1 09-12-2005 01:19 AM
pork roast JD General Cooking 5 24-10-2004 12:04 AM