Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default No tipping policies

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "tert in seattle" wrote in message
>
> Ophelia wrote:
>> "tert in seattle" wrote in message
>>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>> "tert in seattle" wrote in message

>>> it is an interesting thought experiment - consider what would happen
>>> after
>>> you die suddenly and unexpectedly
>>>
>>> no need to bore your friends with it though
>>> ---------------
>>>
>>> My husband would have me cremated, exactly as we have discussed.

>> I mean how would everyone react
>> ---------------
>>
>> I don't really know but they won't have anything to say after it is done
>> <g>
>>
>> I won't change my mind though) I am not lying in a coffin for everyone
>> gawp at. Best they remember me as I am
>>
>> Would you have a problem with it?

> I don't have a problem with you not lying in a coffin for everyone to gawp
> at. We say gawk over here in the US btw. There's also gape but that's used
> more in traffic reports.
>
> Nooo I didn't mean with me. I meant in your life!!!
>
> Anyhow one of the things I noticed while driving in northwest New Mexico
> was how many roadside memorials there are. Not sure why so many but each
> of those was set up by a person to express their sense of loss or to
> relieve the accompanying pain, or however you want to describe it. So
> my question about dying suddenly and unexpectedly comes out of that
> experience. And I have concluded that while it is potentially devastating
> and a tremendous, life-changing event for some people who knew the
> deceased,
> the other seven billion people on the planet will be oblivious save for
> those few who pass by whatever memorial remains and even those few will
> not give it a second thought.
>
> They are everywhere these days. Perhaps it gives the close
> family some kind of relief but I don't understand it for myself. It is
> crazy here when someone famous dies. There are carpets of flowers and
> teddy bears etc. These from people who never knew the deceased in real
> life. Bonkers.

I think they're hoping to be seen on TV, then there was the guy at JFK JR's
memorial saying on TV "I don't really know a lot about him, but I know he
was the last of The Camelots." LOL

Cheri

LOL very likely))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Privacy policies protect Customers Personal information Privacy policies protect personal information General Cooking 0 23-07-2016 07:35 PM
Tipping at the bar asdf Beer 19 26-11-2006 06:34 AM
Airline food policies Grizzman General Cooking 14 03-06-2006 08:00 PM
Tipping - was Tipping on Wine Dick R. Wine 21 26-08-2004 03:05 AM