Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Airline food policies

ATA airlines - ATA Airlines will stop serving free snacks and start
selling, for $2.95, snack boxes filled with a granola bar, cookies,
crackers and other items. The carrier is also considering selling
individual items — bottled water, cookies, potato chips and candy — for
$2.95, and a pillow/blanket set for $9.95, spokesman Rick Hightower said.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/a.../60429001/1003

after contacting ATA i was told that you can bring your own food aboard

American Airlines is also charging for food and snacks but you can bring
you own food aboard as well

http://www.aa.com/apps/utility/siteS...ityNav.jhtml.7

the same with American Eagle, which i do fly often..

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...5american.html

united charge for a snack box if the flight is over 850 miles. yo can
bring food on, no restrictions. the call center i reached was in india

http://travel.simplyquick.com/airlin...-airlines.html

Alaska Air state no certain rule how ever if flying to California,,
canada or mexico there are certain food you cannot bring into those
places. they advised to me call the dept of ag...to find out what food
items were taboo

us airways . non stated and had to go through call center hell and 3
supervisors ALL OF WHOM COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH...when i asked the
supervisor where are you located she told that us airway had hubs
in..and she started to name all the hubs. when pressed as to her actual
location she finally claimed the philppines...

southwest all but no booze allowed. when asked where they were located
the agent said they couldn't tell me for security reasons however the
supervisor did state that all there call centers are located with in the USA

these are the ones that i checked with and while it seems that all
American based airlinea will allow food of any type none would allow you
bring your own booze on board but some may be checked.

El Al would not allow me to take aboard anything that was not kosher,
but i suspect that is normal since i am not jewish. but i do not know if
that is company policy and or procedure.

After pressing ALL of the supervisors i did find out however that after
9-11 most of them did not allow food for a certain period of time due to
security etc...

so i will concede that i was partially wrong, at least in the time
frame. i should have realized that after(or b4)they started to let you
carry certain types of scissors back on planes that the food
restrictions was lifted as well

Below though is from TSA...

from TSA Transporting Special Items

Transporting Alcoholic Beverages

Alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof),
including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, are prohibited from
carry-on and checked luggage. Up to 5 liters of alcohol with alcoholic
content between 24% and 70% are allowed per person as carry-on or
checked luggage if packaged in a sealable bottle or flask. Alcoholic
beverages with less than 24% alcoholic content are not subject to
hazardous materials regulations.

Please check with your airline for any further restrictions.

Food and Beverages (at the security checkpoint)

Spilled food and beverages can damage security equipment and other
passengers' belongings. Consequently, there are restrictions on what you
can bring with you to the checkpoint.

Food

All food must go through the X-ray machine. Do NOT bring food to the
security checkpoint unless it is wrapped or in a container. Unpeeled
natural foods like fruit are okay, but half-eaten fruits must be wrapped.

Beverages

You may carry beverages and other liquids in a paper or polystyrene
container, (such as Styrofoam), through the metal detector. All other
liquid containers, including aluminum, glass, and plastic, must go
through the X-ray machine.

Liquid containers sent through the X-ray machine must be in either
sealed or seal-able/spill-proof containers.

Examples of permitted containers include: screw-top bottles or cups,
baby bottles with nipples, and plastic containers with snap-on lids.

Note: You should consume or dispose of any food or beverage that does
not meet these requirements before entering the checkpoint.

Grizzman
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Grizzman" > wrote

Wow, you really put a lot of work into that.

> southwest all but no booze allowed.

Have you ever seen the show Airline? Southwest is positively
anal on the subject of alcohol. I don't know if all airlines are
that strict, but I wouldn't try to bring booze on a plane with me.
Who needs that kind of trouble.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Grizzman" > wrote
>
> Wow, you really put a lot of work into that.
>
> > southwest all but no booze allowed.

> Have you ever seen the show Airline? Southwest is positively
> anal on the subject of alcohol. I don't know if all airlines are
> that strict, but I wouldn't try to bring booze on a plane with me.
> Who needs that kind of trouble.
>
> nancy

Southwest is certainly generous enough when it comes to serving drinks on a
flight that is running late. We were flying back to Houston from Phoenix
and the flight left quite late (bad weather in California where the flight
originated). There was a couple seated near us and the gentleman (already
three sheets to the wind) and was very unhappy about the late departure and
demanded free drinks.

The flight attendant accommodated him and anyone else in earshot with free
drinks.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chris Marksberry" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Have you ever seen the show Airline? Southwest is positively
>> anal on the subject of alcohol. I don't know if all airlines are
>> that strict, but I wouldn't try to bring booze on a plane with me.
>> Who needs that kind of trouble.

> Southwest is certainly generous enough when it comes to serving drinks on
> flight that is running late. We were flying back to Houston from Phoenix
> and the flight left quite late (bad weather in California where the flight
> originated). There was a couple seated near us and the gentleman (already
> three sheets to the wind) and was very unhappy about the late departure
> and
> demanded free drinks.
>
> The flight attendant accommodated him and anyone else in earshot with free
> drinks.

Heh, I've seen that on the show. Drunk as a skunk passenger all ****ed
off because they fed them drinks on one flight then wouldn't let them on
their connecting flight because they were hammered.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Grizzman" > wrote
>
> Wow, you really put a lot of work into that.
>
>> southwest all but no booze allowed.

> Have you ever seen the show Airline? Southwest is positively
> anal on the subject of alcohol. I don't know if all airlines are
> that strict, but I wouldn't try to bring booze on a plane with me.
> Who needs that kind of trouble.
>
> nancy

yes i did...i figured that if i was wrong i needed to know. and since i
have a few more days of not much to do and since i am single and get
bored with no TV i figured what the hell, let see if i can irritate some
reservation agents..hahahah

Grizzman

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Chris Marksberry" > wrote
>
> > "Nancy Young" > wrote

> >> Have you ever seen the show Airline? Southwest is positively
> >> anal on the subject of alcohol. I don't know if all airlines are
> >> that strict, but I wouldn't try to bring booze on a plane with me.
> >> Who needs that kind of trouble.

> > Southwest is certainly generous enough when it comes to serving drinks

on
> > flight that is running late. We were flying back to Houston from

Phoenix
> > and the flight left quite late (bad weather in California where the

flight
> > originated). There was a couple seated near us and the gentleman

(already
> > three sheets to the wind) and was very unhappy about the late departure
> > and
> > demanded free drinks.
> >
> > The flight attendant accommodated him and anyone else in earshot with

free
> > drinks.

> Heh, I've seen that on the show. Drunk as a skunk passenger all ****ed
> off because they fed them drinks on one flight then wouldn't let them on
> their connecting flight because they were hammered.

Those _Airline_ episodes are all staged, but they are based on real - life
happenings...

They exaggerate folks' behavior in order to make for more drama, thus better
ratings :-)

Post - 9/11 there is NO way that bad behavior is the least bit tolerated by
airlines. If people acted like those depicted on _Airline_, the jails
would be full to bursting with miscreant passengers...

Pulling rank, insulting airline staff, being drunk, and otherwise engaging
in jerk - off behavior is an absolute guarantee that one "won't be flying"
(at the very least) on the particular day when one behaves badly. Cabin and
airport staff are empowered to deal with absolute authority to deal with
badly - behaved passengers -- and in EVERY case the airline will back up the
employees, it's simply enough to cite "security" as a concern in such
instances. Case closed...

Used to be people could somewhat get away with bad behavior in the air -- no
longer. And that's a BIG change for the better...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Those Airline episodes are all staged, but they are based on real -
> life happenings...

You have some evidence for that? I don't believe you.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default User wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>

> > Those Airline episodes are all staged, but they are based on real -
> > life happenings...
> >

> You have some evidence for that? I don't believe you.

Even from a logistical standpoint it's pretty obvious that the episodes are
staged -- think about it.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
message

>> You have some evidence for that? I don't believe you.

> Even from a logistical standpoint it's pretty obvious that the episodes
> are
> staged -- think about it.

You must not fly often or you'd see that is every day life at the airport.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

FAA prohibits bringing your own booze. You do get a few characters on the
red eye out of Las Vegas though.

I recently flew a few times on British Air to London, Rome, Milan. One
the flight from Boston to London they offered a cocktail about 15 minutes
into the flight. Then they served wine with dinner and asked if we wanted a
second bottle of wine. Then they woke us up about an hour out and we had
breakfast.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
>

>> Those Airline episodes are all staged, but they are based on real -
>> life happenings...
>>

> You have some evidence for that? I don't believe you.
>

> Brian

Don't you find it curious that the TV camera JUST HAPPENS to be there
when the events take place? Sure, goofy things happen at airports and
on planes every day, but there isn't usually a camera crew at the ready
to capture them.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Pulling rank, insulting airline staff, being drunk, and otherwise engaging
> in jerk - off behavior is an absolute guarantee that one "won't be flying"
> (at the very least) on the particular day when one behaves badly.

Too bad the same rules don't apply to the cabin crew.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" > wrote in message

> Don't you find it curious that the TV camera JUST HAPPENS to be there when
> the events take place? Sure, goofy things happen at airports and on
> planes every day, but there isn't usually a camera crew at the ready to
> capture them.

Some of the participants are pre-staged since they followed up on a strong
man competition, Las Vegas lounge act, etc. The rest of the clowns just
show up every day. Some airports have millions of passengers a year so it
does not take long to find a star of the show.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Default User wrote:
>
> > Gregory Morrow wrote:
> >

> > > Those Airline episodes are all staged, but they are based on real
> > > - life happenings...
> > >

> > You have some evidence for that? I don't believe you.

> Even from a logistical standpoint it's pretty obvious that the
> episodes are staged -- think about it.

What are you talking about? What "logistical standpoint"? They have
camera crews at a few airports, shoot tons of video, edit it all down
to a few interesting stories.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Puester wrote:

> Default User wrote:
> > Gregory Morrow wrote:
> >

> > > Those Airline episodes are all staged, but they are based on real
> > > - life happenings...
> > >

> > You have some evidence for that? I don't believe you.

> Don't you find it curious that the TV camera JUST HAPPENS to be there
> when the events take place? Sure, goofy things happen at airports
> and on planes every day, but there isn't usually a camera crew at the
> ready to capture them.

No, because they're there all day for many days. That's how they make
the documentary-style reality shows. They also shoot at multiple
airports. Eventually something will happen.

Now, it's likely that some of the people ham it up for the camera, but
that's not the same thing as staging.

It's generally very evident when someone is acting vs. being reasonably
natural.

Brian
won't shut up.

Airline food Curly Sue General Cooking 20 25-06-2005 04:13 PM
Airline Food [email protected] General Cooking 7 19-04-2005 07:09 PM
Airline food Dimitri General Cooking 85 09-02-2005 10:22 AM
Airline food Dimitri General Cooking 0 13-01-2005 06:20 PM
Airline food Dimitri General Cooking 0 13-01-2005 06:20 PM