Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Too much Bay Leaf?

I think it happened to me last night. We went to a Mexican restaurant.
It was a more authentic Mexican restaurant than the more typical
TexMex we usually get around here. I ordered a fish dish Pescado a la
Veracruszana... despite it being made with Talapia. The sauce was
pretty good, with tomato capers, olives and clove. However, it is the
first time I ever experience an overdose of Bay leaf.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/05/2016 4:59 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I think it happened to me last night. We went to a Mexican restaurant.
> It was a more authentic Mexican restaurant than the more typical
> TexMex we usually get around here. I ordered a fish dish Pescado a la
> Veracruszana... despite it being made with Talapia. The sauce was
> pretty good, with tomato capers, olives and clove. However, it is the
> first time I ever experience an overdose of Bay leaf.

Perhaps it was California bay leaf.
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> I think it happened to me last night. We went to a Mexican restaurant. It
> was a more authentic Mexican restaurant than the more typical TexMex we
> usually get around here. I ordered a fish dish Pescado a la
> Veracruszana... despite it being made with Talapia. The sauce was pretty
> good, with tomato capers, olives and clove. However, it is the first time
> I ever experience an overdose of Bay leaf.

I have noticed that some are stronger than others. I've had some so weak
that I had to put a lot in there. And some where I only needed one leaf.

Leaf celery George Shirley Preserving 3 24-04-2010 04:20 PM
Leaf celery - again! George Shirley Preserving 2 24-04-2010 12:31 PM
Green tea leaf particle and leaf size Tea Sunrise Tea 14 24-09-2007 08:24 PM
Pu-erh leaf storage cale Tea 2 09-01-2006 08:07 PM
Bay leaf Puester General Cooking 55 15-12-2004 06:40 PM