Posted to rec.food.cooking
W W is offline

Default Copper Chef Cookware Alternatives?

My aunt wants my opinion on buying Copper Chef cookware. In looking at the
CopperChef website, I cannot help but notice this product has no copper in
any later at all! The only thing that is copper is the ceramic non stick
layer, and they put some copper coloring into that. The only real features
I can find on this product are its ability to work on any type of stove
including induction, as well as the ability to use in oven. Are there other
key advantages?

Are there better quality products in the same price range that have similar
features?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 8:14:00 PM UTC-5, W wrote:

> My aunt wants my opinion on buying Copper Chef cookware. In looking at the
> CopperChef website, I cannot help but notice this product has no copper in
> any later at all! The only thing that is copper is the ceramic non stick
> layer, and they put some copper coloring into that. The only real features
> I can find on this product are its ability to work on any type of stove
> including induction, as well as the ability to use in oven. Are there other
> key advantages?

If you can wait a few weeks this cookware will be in stores
such a Walgreen and Wal Mart and Target in their "as seen
on tv" sections.

> Are there better quality products in the same price range that have similar
> features?

Sorry, I'm no help there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-04-19, W > wrote:
> My aunt wants my opinion on buying Copper Chef cookware. In looking at the
> CopperChef website, I cannot help but notice this product has no copper in
> any later at all! The only thing that is copper is the ceramic non stick
> layer, and they put some copper coloring into that. The only real features
> I can find on this product are its ability to work on any type of stove
> including induction, as well as the ability to use in oven. Are there other
> key advantages?

The concept is good, it's jes that in yer case, the product in
question looks bogus. Much like Revereware.

I have French made stainless steel cookware, but it has a full 1/8th
inch thick pure copper slug on the bottom of every pan. You can tell
if it is good cookware by the price. My cookware all cost over $100
ea, but I caught them during a close-out and only paid about 40% of
orig price at W-S. I think I once saw my cookware used on that CIA
cooking show, but cannot prove it. Besides, anything with real copper
in it is gonna cost some serious $$$$.

> Are there better quality products in the same price range that have
> similar features?

What? Junk? Yeah, Amazon sells tons of that stuff.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 3:14:00 PM UTC-10, W wrote:
> My aunt wants my opinion on buying Copper Chef cookware. In looking at the
> CopperChef website, I cannot help but notice this product has no copper in
> any later at all! The only thing that is copper is the ceramic non stick
> layer, and they put some copper coloring into that. The only real features
> I can find on this product are its ability to work on any type of stove
> including induction, as well as the ability to use in oven. Are there other
> key advantages?
>
> Are there better quality products in the same price range that have similar
> features?

It's mostly just the latest marketing gimmick. Instead of green, it's copper. The unique feature is the stainless steel disk is stuck on the surface somehow. That's unusual. My guess is that the disk is just going to fall off after a while - fearless prediction.

My main fry pan is a stainless steel pan of heavy construction, with an encapsulated aluminum bottom, non-stick coating, and an all metal handle. The all metal handle is what allows the pan to be used in the oven. I made pizza in the pan last night. I lay the pan directly on the floor of my hot oven.. It works great.

I got this pan at Safeway. It was going for $36.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2016 11:28 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> [...]
> heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."
>
> -sw
>
> "OK, so it's your planet so I guess you get to define what all teens on
> Planet Bove eat. We'll need to add this to the Planet Bove Wikipedia
> entry: "Teenagers on Planet Bove only eat chicken strips, fries, and
> baby carrots".
>
> -sw
>
> "Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."
>
> -sw
>
> I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
> that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
> off-topic subjects.
>
> -sw
>
> Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.
>
> -sw
>

> "Why do you even bother posting if that's all you have to say? We've
> heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."
>
> -sw
>

> "Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."
>
> -sw
>
> I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
> that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
> off-topic subjects.
>
> -sw
>
> Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.
>
> -sw
>
> I didn't think Julie was even capable of using the phone.
>
> -sw
>
> You seem to have a problem remembering things. Maybe you should have
> written down the once you realized you liked it.
>
> -sw
>
> Wow. She catches on quick when her mind isn't clouded by irrational
> spite.
>
> -sw
>
> Congratulations! Your post has been approved by Julie.
>
> [High Five]
>
> -sw
>
> Yeah, I see tuna and cheddar on pizza every time I visit Planet Bove.
>
> -sw
>
> You can't rent this stuff at Red Box.
>
> -sw
>
> You tell him Julie!
>
> <snort>
>
> -sw
>
> That wasn't your original argument. Your argument was that you
> couldn't remember where you got them. Then when somebody tells you
> how to solve that problem, you come up with a different argument to
> explain why the proposed solution won't work.
>
> Same 'ol song and dance.
>
> -sw
>
> <snip rest unread>
>
> -sw
>
> So WTF are you basing your unfounded theories on? Angela was about 3
> years old and you had left grade school decades earlier. What would
> have been your direct experience with the New York public school
> system in the early 2000's?
>
> -sw
>
> What I'm trying to say is that Julie is full of shit again. It's
> amazing how much time Julie spends describing her miserable fantasy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2016 1:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 20:14:23 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 8:14:00 PM UTC-5, W wrote:
>>>
>>> My aunt wants my opinion on buying Copper Chef cookware. In looking at the
>>> CopperChef website, I cannot help but notice this product has no copper in
>>> any later at all! The only thing that is copper is the ceramic non stick
>>> layer, and they put some copper coloring into that. The only real features
>>> I can find on this product are its ability to work on any type of stove
>>> including induction, as well as the ability to use in oven. Are there other
>>> key advantages?
>>>

>> If you can wait a few weeks this cookware will be in stores
>> such a Walgreen and Wal Mart and Target in their "as seen
>> on tv" sections.

> Yes, these are too similar to the ones that are being advertised on TV
> by the Dump Cake Lady. Like all these types of products, they spend
> more on marketing than the actual product itself. And ever since the
> Buttoneer(tm), I don't trust anything advertised as infomercial-type
> products.
>
> -sw

Yeah, the dump cake lady. Wasn't there also the the Green Pan (with a
green nonstick interior) in the last year or so? I think that was
promoted by the dump cake (dump cooking) lady.

I figure if W's aunt wants to buy it, let her. Obviously *someone* buys
this stuff.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 1:14:36 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> On 4/19/2016 1:28 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > And ever since the
> > Buttoneer(tm), I don't trust anything advertised as infomercial-type
> > products.
> >
> > -sw

Hahahahaaaa, I think the Buttoneer or a similar version is still
made.

> Yeah, the dump cake lady. Wasn't there also the the Green Pan (with a
> green nonstick interior) in the last year or so? I think that was
> promoted by the dump cake (dump cooking) lady.
>
> Jill

I can't think of her name but yes, the dump cake lady is now on
tv with another 'as seen on tv' cooking gadget.

She also promoted the Redi-Set-Go Xpress cooker. I did buy
one at Target and took it to work. It was great for grilled
cheese sandwiches or grilled cheese and pepperoni sandwiches.
Co-worker used it to fry eggs as well and it was used several
times to make garlic bread.

Other co-workers used it as well and after about a year the
non-stick coating was well worn. I suspect most didn't use
a nylon spatula for their cooking. Anyway ANOTHER Xpress
Cooker has shown up to be used for cooking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
W W is offline

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2016-04-19, W > wrote:
> > My aunt wants my opinion on buying Copper Chef cookware. In looking at

the
> > CopperChef website, I cannot help but notice this product has no copper

in
> > any later at all! The only thing that is copper is the ceramic non

stick
> > layer, and they put some copper coloring into that. The only real

features
> > I can find on this product are its ability to work on any type of stove
> > including induction, as well as the ability to use in oven. Are there

other
> > key advantages?

> The concept is good, it's jes that in yer case, the product in
> question looks bogus. Much like Revereware.
>
> I have French made stainless steel cookware, but it has a full 1/8th
> inch thick pure copper slug on the bottom of every pan. You can tell
> if it is good cookware by the price. My cookware all cost over $100
> ea, but I caught them during a close-out and only paid about 40% of
> orig price at W-S. I think I once saw my cookware used on that CIA
> cooking show, but cannot prove it. Besides, anything with real copper
> in it is gonna cost some serious $$$$.

Can you post a link to your product on Amazon?