Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default JULIE BOVE TALKS ABOUT HER "Betty Crocker Scissors"

On 2016-03-27 10:10 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/27/2016 10:55 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
>>> meat to bone ratio.

>> I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
>> I'll stick to chicken'
>>

> Thank you for snipping the cross-posting, Gary.
>
> When I lived in TN quail hunting was a big deal. I can't imagine why.
> As you say, they are not large birds. More trouble than they're worth.

Yeah, but they move, and some people think that anything that moves
should be a target.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-03-27 10:55 AM, Gary wrote:

>> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
>> meat to bone ratio.

> I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
> I'll stick to chicken'

Partridge and grouse are better and easier. Stand on the wings and pull
the legs and the breast meat pops out, ready for the pan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks

On 3/27/2016 7:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
>>> meat to bone ratio.

>> I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
>> I'll stick to chicken'

> I cook pigeon, rabbit, quail etc but in game pie.

How about Hair Pie?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2016 10:45 AM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
> On 3/27/2016 7:56 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
>>> I'll stick to chicken'

>> I cook pigeon, rabbit, quail etc but in game pie.
>>

> How about Hair Pie?

Tasty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYPq1dd8-uE
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/27/2016 9:47 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> anything that moves should be a target.

Sound canucklehead bag limits apply...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

>Stand on the wings and pull the legs and the breast meat pops out.

I'll be sure to remember that maneuver. LOL