FoodBanter.com

-   -   Betty Crocker Scissors (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/436458-betty-crocker-scissors.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 24-03-2016 07:47 AM

Betty Crocker Scissors

One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
scissors to cut it.

I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
Italian meats.

dsi1[_17_] 24-03-2016 08:53 AM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
>
> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> scissors to cut it.
>
> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> Italian meats.

I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other foods.

Ophelia[_14_] 24-03-2016 10:39 AM

Betty Crocker Scissors

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
>> broke
>> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they
>> were
>> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty
>> Crocker
>> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
>>
>> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
>> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
>> cheese
>> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound
>> up
>> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
>> scissors to cut it.
>>
>> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a
>> dollar
>> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
>> Italian meats.

> I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
> shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other
> foods.

Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Janet 24-03-2016 04:18 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

In article >,
says...

> On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> > into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> > sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> > ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> >
> > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> > using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> > scissors to cut it.
> >
> > I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> > and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> > Italian meats.

> I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other foods.

Soon Boveworld won't need a kitchen knife or scisors; just stick the
meat carrots or onions on their hair with mayo and the hairdresser will
do the cutting.

Janet UK

John Kuthe[_3_] 24-03-2016 04:47 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:48:05 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
>
> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> scissors to cut it.
>
> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> Italian meats.

Cheap Chinese JUNK!!!

John Kuthe...

graham[_4_] 24-03-2016 04:52 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

Like this? http://tiny.cc/l63aay

John Kuthe[_3_] 24-03-2016 04:59 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 9:52:43 AM UTC-6, graham wrote:
> On 24/03/2016 9:47 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:48:05 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> >> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> >> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> >> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> >>
> >> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> >> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> >> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> >> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> >> scissors to cut it.
> >>
> >> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> >> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> >> Italian meats.

> > Cheap Chinese JUNK!!!
> >

> Like this? http://tiny.cc/l63aay

No, like a preponderance of what MalWart sells!!

John Kuthe...

dsi1[_17_] 24-03-2016 05:51 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 11:59:35 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsi1> wrote in message
> > On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
> >> broke
> >> into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they
> >> were
> >> sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty
> >> Crocker
> >> ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> >>
> >> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> >> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
> >> cheese
> >> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound
> >> up
> >> using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> >> scissors to cut it.
> >>
> >> I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a
> >> dollar
> >> and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> >> Italian meats.

> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
> > shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other
> > foods.

> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.

As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

Ophelia[_14_] 25-03-2016 09:45 AM

Betty Crocker Scissors

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
>> > shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other
>> > foods.

>> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
>>

> The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that
> will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology
> and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.
>
> As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to
> me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems
> pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

Whatever works best for you ... well so long as Mrs D doesn't disagree ...
<g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Julie Bove[_2_] 25-03-2016 11:58 AM

Betty Crocker Scissors

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
>>>

>> The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that
>> will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology
>> and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.
>>
>> As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to
>> me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems
>> pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

> Whatever works best for you ... well so long as Mrs D doesn't disagree ...
> <g>

I learned the scissor trick from a caregiver. Works much better and quicker
than a knife when a person needs their food to be minced up.

John Kuthe[_3_] 25-03-2016 02:44 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 6:50:56 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

> Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> slice through with no problem.
>
> I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

Exactly! I used to do this with portions of flank steak. Freeze them then defrost in the microwave to just barely still frozen, then slice very thin across the grain. I used to do this for breakfasts when I was living in my minivan Baby down by he river over 1/2 my weeks back in the Spring of 2003! Epic Spring for me! I kayaked a LOT of whitewater that Spring! I'd put the sliced up flank steak in individual servings in small Ziploc bags, all peppered up with spices and a little Worchestershire, then refreeze for my cooler for steak and eggs breakfasts by the river! YUM!

John Kuthe...

Gary 25-03-2016 02:50 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

dsi1[_17_] 25-03-2016 06:56 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 11:00:37 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> >> Do elucidate dear boy. I see you are into trends ;-)
> >>

> > The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that
> > will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a technology
> > and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.
> >
> > As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense to
> > me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems
> > pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

> Whatever works best for you ... well so long as Mrs D doesn't disagree ....
> <g>
>
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

She won't disagree since she was raised by a Korean woman. My wife is the one that taught me of the ways of the Koreans. She told me that her brother once ate a gallon of fresh kim chee that her mom made. She recalls him lying on the kitchen floor, in pain, unable to move. I told her that maybe it's what killed him 50 years later. She agreed. :)

MisterDiddyWahDiddy 25-03-2016 09:41 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:44:52 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 6:50:56 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> > Julie Bove wrote:
> > >
> > > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

> > Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> > greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> > is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> > slice through with no problem.
> >
> > I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

> Exactly! I used to do this with portions of flank steak. Freeze them then defrost in the microwave to just barely still frozen, then slice very thin across the grain. I used to do this for breakfasts when I was living in my minivan Baby down by he river over 1/2 my weeks back in the Spring of 2003! Epic Spring for me! I kayaked a LOT of whitewater that Spring! I'd put the sliced up flank steak in individual servings in small Ziploc bags, all peppered up with spices and a little Worchestershire, then refreeze for my cooler for steak and eggs breakfasts by the river! YUM!

Your life's stories merit exclamation marks! A sign of a true narcissist!

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan

Julie Bove[_2_] 25-03-2016 10:16 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
>> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
>> cheese
>> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

> Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> slice through with no problem.
>
> I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

Ophelia[_14_] 26-03-2016 12:07 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

"dsi1" > wrote in message

>> > The Koreans are the wild n' crazy, high-energy, high-speed, Asians that
>> > will be trend-setters at least for the next decade. They are a
>> > technology
>> > and trend driven society. They're like a country on crystal meth.
>> >
>> > As far as shears being used at the dining table goes - it makes sense
>> > me. Using half a scissors and scraping it on a plate to cut meat seems
>> > pretty inefficient to me. A pair of scissors works a lot better.

>> Whatever works best for you ... well so long as Mrs D doesn't disagree
>> <g>
>>

> She won't disagree since she was raised by a Korean woman. My wife is the
> one that taught me of the ways of the Koreans. She told me that her
> brother once ate a gallon of fresh kim chee that her mom made. She recalls
> him lying on the kitchen floor, in pain, unable to move. I told her that
> maybe it's what killed him 50 years later. She agreed. :)

LOL it sure takes a long time to work ;) You could get away with murder
with that one <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

MisterDiddyWahDiddy 26-03-2016 04:04 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 4:17:04 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > Julie Bove wrote:
> >>
> >> I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> >> wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and
> >> cheese
> >> but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess.

> > Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> > greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> > is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> > slice through with no problem.
> >
> > I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

> I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

We went to a buffet at a Chinese restaurant yesterday. They had raw
shrimp (ick), raw squid (others can have my share), and raw, thinly
sliced beef. The beef was good.

--Bryan

Gary 26-03-2016 05:34 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 4:17:04 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> > > Even with very sharp knife, room temp meat can be too loose (and
> > > greasy) to cut as you want to. Best way to cut raw meat with a knife
> > > is to have it semi-frozen. It's very firm but still soft enough to
> > > slice through with no problem.
> > >
> > > I know you will discount this method but it works well for me.

> > I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

> We went to a buffet at a Chinese restaurant yesterday. They had raw
> shrimp (ick), raw squid (others can have my share), and raw, thinly
> sliced beef. The beef was good.

Raw meat of any kind is a no go for me. IMO, while you might like it
raw, you'll probably like it better at least a tiny bit cooked.

As for Julie that couldn't cut slimy coldcuts with a knife...all she
needed to do was to chill them down to a bit firm and they could cut
fine. No need to hold slimy coldcuts and use a pair of scissors.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] 26-03-2016 05:48 PM

JULIE BOVE TALKS ABOUT HER "Betty Crocker Scissors"

On 3/23/2016 11:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
> broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and
> they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the
> Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
stuff.

[email protected] 26-03-2016 05:58 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:54:02 AM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> > into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> > sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> > ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> >
> > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> > using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> > scissors to cut it.
> >
> > I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> > and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> > Italian meats.

> I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other foods.

I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan. I just have to
remember to give each person an equal number of "left halves" and
"right halves," lest they think I am hogging the leaner bits.

Skeet 26-03-2016 06:08 PM

JULIE BOVE TALKS ABOUT HER "Betty Crocker Scissors"

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:48:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
> wrote:

>On 3/23/2016 11:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
>> broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and
>> they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the
>> Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

>Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
>stuff.

That's because you're a fake vet dumbass.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] 26-03-2016 06:11 PM

On 3/26/2016 10:08 AM, Skeet wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:48:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/23/2016 11:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
>>> broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and
>>> they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the
>>> Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

>> Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
>> stuff.

> That's because you're a fake vet dumbass.

Now, now... Is that any way to talk to a full bird Colonel, little tattler?
LOL

Skeet 26-03-2016 06:13 PM

JULIE BOVE TALKS ABOUT HER "Betty Crocker Scissors"

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:11:21 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
> wrote:

>On 3/26/2016 10:08 AM, Skeet wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:48:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
>> > wrote:

>>> Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
>>> stuff.

>> That's because you're a fake vet dumbass.
>>

>Now, now... Is that any way to talk to a full bird Colonel, little tattler?
>LOL

I shit in your general direction. I served, you didn't.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] 26-03-2016 06:15 PM

On 3/26/2016 10:13 AM, Skeet wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 10:11:21 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
> > wrote:
>
>> On 3/26/2016 10:08 AM, Skeet wrote:
>>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:48:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"

>>> That's because you're a fake vet dumbass.
>>>

>> Now, now... Is that any way to talk to a full bird Colonel, little tattler?
>> LOL

> I shit in your general direction. I served, you didn't.

Giving *** men fellatio in public restrooms is not the same thing, faggot.
LOL

Mustaffa Sheboygan 26-03-2016 06:18 PM

JULIE BOVE TALKS ABOUT HER "Betty Crocker Scissors"

In article >,
says...

> On 3/23/2016 11:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in
> > broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and
> > they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the
> > Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.

> Wow! I didn't know Betty even made scissors. I thought she just baked
> stuff.

I wonder if I, too, could purchase a pair of these fine scissors at
Dollar Tree? Where the **** IS Dollar Tree, BTW?

--
Mustaffa Sheboygan

brooklyn1 26-03-2016 06:25 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 11:34:53 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>> > I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

>> We went to a buffet at a Chinese restaurant yesterday. They had raw
>> shrimp (ick), raw squid (others can have my share), and raw, thinly
>> sliced beef. The beef was good.

>Raw meat of any kind is a no go for me. IMO, while you might like it
>raw, you'll probably like it better at least a tiny bit cooked.
>
>As for Julie that couldn't cut slimy coldcuts with a knife...all she
>needed to do was to chill them down to a bit firm and they could cut
>fine. No need to hold slimy coldcuts and use a pair of scissors.

I've never had trouble slicing a whole stack of coldcuts, just slip em
between two slices of bread with enough mustard to lube the knife....

Skeet 26-03-2016 06:30 PM

JULIE BOVE TALKS ABOUT HER "Betty Crocker Scissors"

>Giving *** men fellatio in public restrooms is not the same thing, faggot.
>LOL

I'm glad you finally fessed up about what you really did for our
country.

Gary 26-03-2016 08:08 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

wrote:

> I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
> the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan.

I've always cut bacon in half too. As you said, it fits well into the
pan. :)

cshenk 26-03-2016 08:20 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:54:02 AM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not
> > > as in broke into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or
> > > something and they were sticking but apart. They were old. So I
> > > bought a pair of the Betty Crocker ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> > >
> > > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But
> > > they wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the
> > > meat and cheese but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a
> > > slippery mess. I wound up using the Betty scissors to hold the
> > > meat while using a different pair of scissors to cut it.
> > >
> > > I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were
> > > only a dollar and they will cut other things. Apparently just
> > > not slippery, fatty, Italian meats.

> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend
> > shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and
> > other foods.

> I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
> the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan. I just have
> to remember to give each person an equal number of "left halves" and
> "right halves," lest they think I am hogging the leaner bits.

LOL! Works for me. We have kitchen shears for some things. Cutting
open heavey vacuum seal packs is one of them.

Carol

brooklyn1 26-03-2016 11:17 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 14:08:27 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
>> the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan.

>I've always cut bacon in half too. As you said, it fits well into the
>pan. :)

That's something a dwarf would do.

Julie Bove[_2_] 27-03-2016 04:08 AM

Betty Crocker Scissors

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

>> > I couldn't go back and uncook the meat. They were cold cuts.

>> We went to a buffet at a Chinese restaurant yesterday. They had raw
>> shrimp (ick), raw squid (others can have my share), and raw, thinly
>> sliced beef. The beef was good.

> Raw meat of any kind is a no go for me. IMO, while you might like it
> raw, you'll probably like it better at least a tiny bit cooked.
>
> As for Julie that couldn't cut slimy coldcuts with a knife...all she
> needed to do was to chill them down to a bit firm and they could cut
> fine. No need to hold slimy coldcuts and use a pair of scissors.

They were chilled.

dsi1[_17_] 27-03-2016 07:55 AM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 6:58:17 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 12:54:02 AM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 8:48:05 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > One of my pairs of kitchen scissors broke a few weeks back. Not as in broke
> > > into pieces but something got sort of off kilter or something and they were
> > > sticking but apart. They were old. So I bought a pair of the Betty Crocker
> > > ones when I was in Dollar Tree.
> > >
> > > I tried to use them to cut up the meat for the Easter pies. But they
> > > wouldn't cut it. In the past I have used a knife to cut the meat and cheese
> > > but some of the meat is greasy and it makes for a slippery mess. I wound up
> > > using the Betty scissors to hold the meat while using a different pair of
> > > scissors to cut it.
> > >
> > > I can't really complain about the Betty scissors as they were only a dollar
> > > and they will cut other things. Apparently just not slippery, fatty,
> > > Italian meats.

> > I predict that cutting meats with scissors will be a popular trend shortly. It is one that that will change how we serve meats and other foods.

> I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
> the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan. I just have to
> remember to give each person an equal number of "left halves" and
> "right halves," lest they think I am hogging the leaner bits.

You're the meticulous type. I don't mind some randomness. Sometimes you luck out and sometimes you don't. OTOH, this is bacon we're talking about so folks should he happy with whatever they get!

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 27-03-2016 01:42 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 11:35:37 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:

> As for Julie that couldn't cut slimy coldcuts with a knife...all she
> needed to do was to chill them down to a bit firm and they could cut
> fine. No need to hold slimy coldcuts and use a pair of scissors.

I would guess that along with not wanting to touch raw chicken,
she also doesn't want to touch "slimy" cold cuts, and didn't
do anything about steadying them with her non-knife hand.

Cindy Hamilton

Ed Pawlowski 27-03-2016 02:48 PM

On 3/27/2016 1:30 AM, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:

>> It's known here as Unlucky Fried Pigeon.

> Some people eat pigeon. Isn't that an english dish? I
> presume it's not the urban ones.

Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
meat to bone ratio.

MisterDiddyWahDiddy 27-03-2016 03:01 PM

Betty Crocker Scissors

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 1:09:11 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> wrote:
> >
> > I need scissors to cut open the bacon vacuum pack, so I decided to cut
> > the actual bacon in half, so it fits better in the pan.

> I've always cut bacon in half too. As you said, it fits well into the
> pan. :)

I sometimes cut it in half, but another thing is cutting off the ends,
which are often especially fatty and curl up in a weird way. Then I
fry the center pieces first, and the end pieces last, after there's
some grease in the pan, so they cook well even though they won't lie
flat.

I also choose bacon with as much lean at the ends as I can find , but
with fat in the center. Also, the more thin the striping, the better.

--Bryan
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] 27-03-2016 03:05 PM

On 3/26/2016 10:30 PM, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:
> (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
>> Bite My Shiny Metal Ass > wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> You mean, a Chicken Kernel?
>>>
>>> So you went to KFC a lot in 'Nam?
>>>

>> It's known here as Unlucky Fried Pigeon.

> Some people eat pigeon. Isn't that an english dish? I
> presume it's not the urban ones.
>
> There has been some discussion of resurrecting the
> Passenger Pigeon, a la Jurassic Park. And considerable
> opposition... apparently they were quite a nuisance.
> Don't know if they were any good to eat.

The english are well known for eating French Cock.
LOL

jmcquown[_2_] 27-03-2016 03:10 PM

On 3/27/2016 10:55 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
>> meat to bone ratio.

> I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
> I'll stick to chicken'

Thank you for snipping the cross-posting, Gary.

When I lived in TN quail hunting was a big deal. I can't imagine why.
As you say, they are not large birds. More trouble than they're worth.

Jill

Gary 27-03-2016 03:55 PM

Ophelia[_14_] 27-03-2016 03:56 PM

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > Some people eat pigeon. Isn't that an english dish? I
>> > presume it's not the urban ones.
>> >

>> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
>> meat to bone ratio.

> I shot and ate a quail once. So small, it wasn't worth the effort.
> I'll stick to chicken'

I cook pigeon, rabbit, quail etc but in game pie.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

g8dgc 27-03-2016 04:07 PM

On 3/27/2016 9:48 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 3/27/2016 1:30 AM, Bite My Shiny Metal Ass wrote:
>

>>> It's known here as Unlucky Fried Pigeon.

>> Some people eat pigeon. Isn't that an english dish? I
>> presume it's not the urban ones.
>>

> Farm raised AFAIK. It is good, but I'd just as well have chicken Better
> meat to bone ratio.

Are you a buck-toothed limey faggot?
LOL