Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I just dropped one of my Anchor Hocking glass bowls w/glass lids onthe floor

and it did NOT BREAK!! :-) Whew! No glass shards to clean up, and most importantly shows the quality of good old fashioned U.S. made stuff!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 8:18:47 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> and it did NOT BREAK!! :-) Whew! No glass shards to clean up, and most importantly shows the quality of good old fashioned U.S. made stuff!!
>
> John Kuthe...

You dodged a bullet there. whew.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 10:57:53 AM UTC-6, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 8:18:47 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> > and it did NOT BREAK!! :-) Whew! No glass shards to clean up, and most importantly shows the quality of good old fashioned U.S. made stuff!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> You dodged a bullet there. whew.

I'll tell ya! Yeah!! I immediately carefully inspected the glass bowl and lid. No chips, cracks or any damage whatsoever!! Yay!! Granted I have two sets as backups which I just washed up yesterday. I was using them for my Christmas Candy making project.

John Kuthe...

Le Creuset Recalls Glass Lids Due to Laceration Hazard ItsJoanNotJoann General Cooking 0 25-02-2011 03:16 AM
Glass Cookware on Smooth Glass Ceramic Cooktops Dee Dovey Cooking Equipment 1 18-10-2009 05:11 PM
Sanitation and glass pot lids ... Bert Hyman Cooking Equipment 8 04-03-2006 07:57 AM
Glass Lids udok Cooking Equipment 1 01-12-2005 04:07 AM
Crate and Barrel glass rice and noodle bowls chicken and waffles Asian Cooking 4 22-01-2004 03:30 AM