FoodBanter.com

-   -   I just dropped one of my Anchor Hocking glass bowls w/glass lids onthe floor (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/436075-i-just-dropped-one.html)

John Kuthe[_3_] 05-02-2016 04:18 PM

I just dropped one of my Anchor Hocking glass bowls w/glass lids onthe floor

and it did NOT BREAK!! :-) Whew! No glass shards to clean up, and most importantly shows the quality of good old fashioned U.S. made stuff!!

John Kuthe...

ImStillMags 05-02-2016 04:57 PM

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 8:18:47 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> and it did NOT BREAK!! :-) Whew! No glass shards to clean up, and most importantly shows the quality of good old fashioned U.S. made stuff!!
>
> John Kuthe...

You dodged a bullet there. whew.

John Kuthe[_3_] 05-02-2016 05:21 PM

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 10:57:53 AM UTC-6, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 8:18:47 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> > and it did NOT BREAK!! :-) Whew! No glass shards to clean up, and most importantly shows the quality of good old fashioned U.S. made stuff!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> You dodged a bullet there. whew.

I'll tell ya! Yeah!! I immediately carefully inspected the glass bowl and lid. No chips, cracks or any damage whatsoever!! Yay!! Granted I have two sets as backups which I just washed up yesterday. I was using them for my Christmas Candy making project.

John Kuthe...