chicken and waffles

Default Crate and Barrel glass rice and noodle bowls

Hi, Everyone. I usually don't order from these types of catalogues but I
think I got a good deal today. The rice bowls are four for 5.95 and the
same size as regular rice bowls. We have been using the blue and white ones
from my great grandfather's Chinese restaurants and are now down to the
exact number of our family so it's good to have backup.

I don't know if I can recommend the noodle bowls because they are HUGE -
nang myun HUGE. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have ordered them.

Anyway, the rice bowls are on sale and quantities are limited:
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/itemgroups/20706_2.asp

chicken and waffles

"chicken and waffles" > wrote in message
> Hi, Everyone. I usually don't order from these types of catalogues but I
> think I got a good deal today. The rice bowls are four for 5.95 and the
> same size as regular rice bowls. We have been using the blue and white

ones
> from my great grandfather's Chinese restaurants and are now down to the
> exact number of our family so it's good to have backup.
>
> I don't know if I can recommend the noodle bowls because they are HUGE -
> nang myun HUGE. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have ordered

them.

> Anyway, the rice bowls are on sale and quantities are limited:
> http://www.crateandbarrel.com/itemgroups/20706_2.asp

The noodle bowls are so huge (my mom says they are supposed to be that
huge - we just don't eat that way) that I am using all four to hold the
citrus fruit for Chinese New Year.

Tippi

"chicken and waffles" > wrote in message
> I don't know if I can recommend the noodle bowls because they are HUGE

well 7.5" isn't that big at all. They are supposed to be larger to
hold the noodles and soup plus all the goodies. I've been to a
Vietnamese restaurent where the "small" Pho is that size, then it goes
up to regular (10"), large (looks like 12") and extra large (didn't
dare order this size!)
chicken and waffles

"Tippi" > wrote in message
om...
> "chicken and waffles" > wrote in message
> > I don't know if I can recommend the noodle bowls because they are HUGE

> well 7.5" isn't that big at all. They are supposed to be larger to
> hold the noodles and soup plus all the goodies. I've been to a
> Vietnamese restaurent where the "small" Pho is that size, then it goes
> up to regular (10"), large (looks like 12") and extra large (didn't
> dare order this size!)

They're DEEP.

but yes, you are right and the restaurant bowl would stay on the table but
at home we like to hold the bowls and our hands aren't big enough to feel
confident about holding these noodle bowls. They are really great value for
the price though.

And after two meals, we are in love with the rice bowls (just in time for
New Years too!)

Dennis Rekuta

In article >, aa172
@torfree.net says...
> "chicken and waffles" > wrote in message
> > I don't know if I can recommend the noodle bowls because they are HUGE

> well 7.5" isn't that big at all. They are supposed to be larger to
> hold the noodles and soup plus all the goodies. I've been to a
> Vietnamese restaurent where the "small" Pho is that size, then it goes
> up to regular (10"), large (looks like 12") and extra large (didn't
> dare order this size!)

My boss ordered the extra large for me one time. He said that the huge
size reminded people of the old fashioned locomotive turntables in the
railroad roundhouses that were used to switch them to different tracks,
so they sometimes call them by the same name. Anybody heard of it?

Dennis