Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sous Vide Cooking

Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way to
find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €” but can't
quite bring myself to pull the trigger.
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way to
> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €” but can't
> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

Yes I do! It is wonderful especially for tough meats and I do sous vide
other meats too. It will cook your pork chops beautifully! You might
want to brown them before or after cooking or they will look a bit insipid!

My sous vide doubles as a slow cooker too if that is of interest. Just to
let you know they are out there.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-01-09, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted ??? it could be an expensive way to
> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method ??? but can't
> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

I almost did. Then started thinking about why I'd want to. I liked
the idea of being able to eat melt-in-yer-mouth beef from cheap cuts
like.... well, you know. Problem is, takes freakin' hrs to cook a
cheap cut o' beef. Takes only about 30-40 mins in my pressure cooker.
That's when my entire sous vide scheme pretty much fell apart.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9 Jan 2016 16:23:56 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2016-01-09, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted ??? it could be an expensive way to
>> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method ??? but can't
>> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

>I almost did. Then started thinking about why I'd want to. I liked
>the idea of being able to eat melt-in-yer-mouth beef from cheap cuts
>like.... well, you know. Problem is, takes freakin' hrs to cook a
>cheap cut o' beef. Takes only about 30-40 mins in my pressure cooker.
>That's when my entire sous vide scheme pretty much fell apart.
>
>nb

Do you find the flavour develops with a pressure cooker though? Back
when the kids were little I used it all the time for stews etc but I
tried to do it with enough time in hand to put it in the oven for
about an hour to make it taste more incorporated.

No doubt about it tenderising though - my cousin used to cook sheeps
head in it to make meals for his dog
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On 9 Jan 2016 16:23:56 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2016-01-09, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>>> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted ??? it could be an expensive way to
>>> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method ??? but
>>> can't
>>> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

>>I almost did. Then started thinking about why I'd want to. I liked
>>the idea of being able to eat melt-in-yer-mouth beef from cheap cuts
>>like.... well, you know. Problem is, takes freakin' hrs to cook a
>>cheap cut o' beef. Takes only about 30-40 mins in my pressure cooker.
>>That's when my entire sous vide scheme pretty much fell apart.
>>
>>nb

> Do you find the flavour develops with a pressure cooker though? Back
> when the kids were little I used it all the time for stews etc but I
> tried to do it with enough time in hand to put it in the oven for
> about an hour to make it taste more incorporated.
>
> No doubt about it tenderising though - my cousin used to cook sheeps
> head in it to make meals for his dog

I have a pressure cooker too, but it doesn't get the same melty tender meat
as the sous vide.

As for it taking hours, yes it does but you can just leave it and it needs
no attention.

If you are looking for fast food forget sous vide. I love mine!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way to
> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €” but can't
> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

Not so far, seems a tad fiddly and not maillard enough for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Mine should be here in a couple weeks.

**** off and DIE.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Why do you even bother posting if that's all you have to say? We've
heard the same thing at least 2,000 times by now."

-sw

"OK, so it's your planet so I guess you get to define what all teens on
Planet Bove eat. We'll need to add this to the Planet Bove Wikipedia
entry: "Teenagers on Planet Bove only eat chicken strips, fries, and
baby carrots".

-sw

"Incredible. And you STILL don't shut up."

-sw

I thought you were here just to talk about cooking? You've only said
that at least 25 times, yet 95% of the flack you get is about
off-topic subjects.

-sw

Way to go, Julie! You beat her down into speechlessness.

-sw

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 10:44:01 AM UTC-5, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted -- it could be an expensive way to
> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method -- but can't
> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.
> --

I can't help with the sous vide, since it's never attracted me,
but I gotta ask: what's inedible about your pork chops? How
do you cook them, and what is the result?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/9/16 10:43 AM, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way to
> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €” but can't
> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

There have been several long discussions of sous vide here in the past
year. Several of us have adopted the method for regular use. Mine is a
SansAire, sold by Sur la Table, and I'm very happy with it.

In addition to meats, it produces the best pseudo-poached or soft-boiled
eggs I hasve ever tasted.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
cibola de oro > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way to
> > find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €” but can't
> > quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

> Not so far, seems a tad fiddly and not maillard enough for me.

"Fiddly"?? What's fiddly about setting the temperature and walking away?

And you can/should do a quick sear before or after (or both) doing the
sous vide cooking. I often use a torch, but a scorching-hot iron skillet
works too.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in
:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way
>> to find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €”
>> but can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

> Yes I do! It is wonderful especially for tough meats and I do sous
> vide other meats too. It will cook your pork chops beautifully!
> You might want to brown them before or after cooking or they will look
> a bit insipid!
>
> My sous vide doubles as a slow cooker too if that is of interest.
> Just to let you know they are out there.

I have a sous vide circulator and I use if moderately often. I think the
results for proteins are absolutely fabulous. Best lamb chops I ever had
were done sous vide. The only reason I don't use mine more often is that
with the long cook times, you have to do more than the average advanced
planning to produce a meal. And usually, about 6 to 8 hours ahead is all I
can do in the kitchen.

Oh, and even sous vide, you can overcook something. I did barbecued ribs
one time, left them in for the high end of the recommended time, and wound
up with something that gave "falling off the bone" new meaning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:44:01 AM UTC-6, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted -- it could be an expensive way to
> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method -- but can't
> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.
> Barb
> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

I'm surprised Bryan hasn't spoken up. I helped him make a sous vide cooker once. I never got any of the meat Bryan cooked in it though.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/1/2016 19:26 John Kuthe wrote:

> On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:44:01 AM UTC-6, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted -- it could be an expensive way to
>> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method -- but can't
>> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.
>> --
>> --
>> Barb
>> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

> I'm surprised Bryan hasn't spoken up. I helped him make a sous vide cooker once. I never got any of the meat Bryan cooked in it though.

After all these years you two are finally getting to the cause of the
rift.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"isw" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> cibola de oro > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> > Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way
>> > find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €” but
>> > can't
>> > quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

>> Not so far, seems a tad fiddly and not maillard enough for me.

> "Fiddly"?? What's fiddly about setting the temperature and walking away?
>
> And you can/should do a quick sear before or after (or both) doing the
> sous vide cooking. I often use a torch, but a scorching-hot iron skillet
> works too.

Agreed!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Alan Holbrook" > wrote in message
. 130...
> "Ophelia" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>>> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way
>>> to find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €”
>>> but can't quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

>> Yes I do! It is wonderful especially for tough meats and I do sous
>> vide other meats too. It will cook your pork chops beautifully!
>> You might want to brown them before or after cooking or they will look
>> a bit insipid!
>>
>> My sous vide doubles as a slow cooker too if that is of interest.
>> Just to let you know they are out there.
>>

> I have a sous vide circulator and I use if moderately often. I think the
> results for proteins are absolutely fabulous. Best lamb chops I ever had
> were done sous vide. The only reason I don't use mine more often is that
> with the long cook times, you have to do more than the average advanced
> planning to produce a meal. And usually, about 6 to 8 hours ahead is all
> can do in the kitchen.
>
> Oh, and even sous vide, you can overcook something. I did barbecued ribs
> one time, left them in for the high end of the recommended time, and wound
> up with something that gave "falling off the bone" new meaning.

LOL BTDT))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On 10/1/2016 19:26 John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:44:01 AM UTC-6, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted -- it could be an expensive way to
>>> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method -- but can't
>>> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.
>>> --
>>> --
>>> Barb
>>> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

>> I'm surprised Bryan hasn't spoken up. I helped him make a sous vide
>> cooker once. I never got any of the meat Bryan cooked in it though.

> After all these years you two are finally getting to the cause of the
> rift.

Ahaaaaaa!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/2016 1:01 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Just pop it open and sear it.
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/10/2016 12:15 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> The first thing I'm going to with my mine is cook eggs.
>
> -sw

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/9/2016 10:38 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Mine should be here in a couple weeks.

You criminally STALK and ABUSE women, you sick little dwarfy man!

Here's what you did when you went all over the Usenet impersonating the
well-liked regular named "sf" and posting all her personal data on the
net against her will, including her:

* home address
* age
* cell phone number
* husband's name

etc.

YOU did that, you evil *******!

And then you had the hubris to actually GLOAT about in public saying:

ost

Wed, 25 Nov 2015 21:18:00 -0600
MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.4

She should call the cops. I've already publicly admitted it is me so
a conviction should be a piece of cake and then forging would stop.
So what's stopping her? I think she suffers from Bovism - she just
loves the attention and drama and screw the rest of the group.

-sw

And before that you literally stalked poor Omelet, a local Auustin
favorite, right off the Usenet!

In your worst moment ever you actually begged her to KILL you:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Then after having your nose rubbed in your filthy criminal stalking you
came back with, not an apology, nor the slightest remorse, just this:

"The facebook group is much more pleasant."

But we all know that's only because you cower over there in mortal fear
of being booted by the FB admins.

You're _so done_ here virus, I mean really ****ing done.

I'm making you a project like no other, expect a lot more of your evil
abuse and hatred to be aired for all to see here.

And we both know there's a google archive full of your hatred of women
just waiting to be hung out on the virtual clothesline to dry.

Enjoy then, you rotten, worthless misogynistic *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

isw wrote:
> In article >,
> cibola de oro > wrote:
>
>> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted €” it could be an expensive way to
>>> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method €” but can't
>>> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.

>> Not so far, seems a tad fiddly and not maillard enough for me.

> "Fiddly"?? What's fiddly about setting the temperature and walking away?

Well gee, the whole placing the food in a bag and all that.

> And you can/should do a quick sear before or after (or both) doing the
> sous vide cooking. I often use a torch, but a scorching-hot iron skillet
> works too.
>
> Isaac

I know it works fine, but it's a few extra steps and stuff to put away
as opposed to a sauteee skillet and the convection oven to finish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

>> In addition to meats, it produces the best pseudo-poached or soft-boiled
>> eggs I hasve ever tasted.

> The first thing I'm going to with my mine is cook eggs.
>
> -sw

Slice yer withered scrotum up and see if yer pigeon-hearted pappy left
ya any, you despicable woman-stalking vermin!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> We have a pretty set schedule here

You're a beastly woman-abuser who stalks Julie.

**** off and DIE.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[...]

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 3:30:22 AM UTC-6, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" > wrote in message

> >> I'm surprised Bryan hasn't spoken up. I helped him make a sous vide
> >> cooker once. I never got any of the meat Bryan cooked in it though.

> > After all these years you two are finally getting to the cause of the
> > rift.

> Ahaaaaaa!!!

Cute, but it really is about sexual jealousy. See? When we were younger,
John was the one other guy who was as obsessed with female bodies as me.
The difference was, except for the woman he married, whom he seduced when
she was barely out of childhood, girls always found John kind of creepy,
whereas I've been rather lucky in that department. It really ate at him,
and it finally boiled over to where John used the weapon he figured that
he had, his nursing degree, to *diagnose* me with a mental disorder.

While I am somewhat vain (hey, I admit that), and I have a mean streak a
mile wide, that doesn't add up to the pervert nurse's diagnosis, but to a
carpenter...

John's brain is wired funny, and all the LSD we did probably didn't help.
The thing on here is kind of handy for me, as I get to be hateful and
downright cruel with zero guilt. It kind of gets it out of my system.
A lot of folks here think I'm an asshole for tormenting a person who is
obviously mentally ill, but I don't cut my enemies much slack. I could
have gone on forever, having let John have the last word, but like a
toddler, he can't help throwing tantrums.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 2:43:48 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> On 10/1/2016 19:26 John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:44:01 AM UTC-6, Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >> Does anyone here do it? I'm tempted -- it could be an expensive way to
> >> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that method -- but can't
> >> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.
> >> --
> >> --
> >> Barb
> >> www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013

> > I'm surprised Bryan hasn't spoken up. I helped him make a sous vide cooker once. I never got any of the meat Bryan cooked in it though.

> After all these years you two are finally getting to the cause of the
> rift.
>
> --
> Bruce

I have no idea what the cause of "the rift" is, other than I keep indicating to Bryan an accurate mental health diagnosis of his mental health problem.. He keeps claiming I did somehting horrific to him, and that's the only thing I can think of that I have "done to him". I mean, to someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder because their underlying ego shell is very fragile, so while in the unmitigated throes of this particular mental health disorder one might react very violently and defensively when the root of the problem is elucidated to them, which I think is exactly what Bryan does.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> all the LSD we did probably didn't help.
> The thing on here is kind of handy for me, as I get to be hateful and
> downright cruel with zero guilt. It kind of gets it out of my system.

Is that why your demon keeps bring it back in?

You're supremely controlled by a dark entity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> I have no idea what the cause of "the rift" is,

He is under demonic control, got it yet slow one?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 11:52:17 AM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 3:30:22 AM UTC-6, Ophelia wrote:

> > > After all these years you two are finally getting to the cause of the
> > > rift.

> > Ahaaaaaa!!!
> >

> Cute, but it really is about sexual jealousy. See? When we were younger,
> John was the one other guy who was as obsessed with female bodies as me.
> The difference was, except for the woman he married, whom he seduced when
> she was barely out of childhood, girls always found John kind of creepy,
> whereas I've been rather lucky in that department. It really ate at him,
> and it finally boiled over to where John used the weapon he figured that
> he had, his nursing degree, to *diagnose* me with a mental disorder.
>
> While I am somewhat vain (hey, I admit that), and I have a mean streak a
> mile wide, that doesn't add up to the pervert nurse's diagnosis, but to a
> carpenter...
>
> John's brain is wired funny, and all the LSD we did probably didn't help.
> The thing on here is kind of handy for me, as I get to be hateful and
> downright cruel with zero guilt. It kind of gets it out of my system.
> A lot of folks here think I'm an asshole for tormenting a person who is
> obviously mentally ill, but I don't cut my enemies much slack. I could
> have gone on forever, having let John have the last word, but like a
> toddler, he can't help throwing tantrums.
> >

> --Bryan

This is an example of a violent reaction to protect a fragile inner ego shell, nothing more. Bryan, this is a symptom of your mental health disorder, go seek therapy and you have a chance at a well balanced and happy psychological life. Otherwise... :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 2:43:48 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
> > On 10/1/2016 19:26 John Kuthe wrote:

> > way to >> find out if I can get an edible pork chop using that
> > method -- but can't >> quite bring myself to pull the trigger.
> > >
> > > I'm surprised Bryan hasn't spoken up. I helped him make a sous
> > > vide cooker once. I never got any of the meat Bryan cooked in it
> > > though.

> > After all these years you two are finally getting to the cause of
> > the rift.
> >
> > --
> > Bruce

> I have no idea what the cause of "the rift" is, other than I keep
> indicating to Bryan an accurate mental health diagnosis of his mental
> health problem. He keeps claiming I did somehting horrific to him,
> and that's the only thing I can think of that I have "done to him". I
> mean, to someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder because their
> underlying ego shell is very fragile, so while in the unmitigated
> throes of this particular mental health disorder one might react very
> violently and defensively when the root of the problem is elucidated
> to them, which I think is exactly what Bryan does.
>
> John Kuthe...

How about the 2 of you go to bed together, kiss and make up then leave
the rest of us OUT of this crap ok?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-01-10 6:07 PM, cshenk wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 2:43:48 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> How about the 2 of you go to bed together, kiss and make up then leave
> the rest of us OUT of this crap ok?

I don't know what made them think that everyone else is interested in
their psychotic circle jerk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Was a fight, now a recipe

Dave Smith wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 2016-01-10 6:07 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote in rec.food.cooking:
> >
> > > On Sunday, January 10, 2016 at 2:43:48 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> > How about the 2 of you go to bed together, kiss and make up then
> > leave the rest of us OUT of this crap ok?

> I don't know what made them think that everyone else is interested in
> their psychotic circle jerk.

No clue but not interested in *either* one of their sides of the story.

I'm more interested in cooking, chatting about cooking, or what did you
try and worked or didnt work.

I even posted one today. Now having eaten it, here's an alternative
version that should be better but the one I made was suprisingly good!

This is not haute quizine. It is a simple side to a meal but a little
nicer than plain veggies and not much trouble to fix. 8 largish
servings or 12 small.

1 can Hanover green beans and potatoes, 39oz? drained
1 can 16oz potatoes drained (alternative, cube 2 medium potatos)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup, fat free low sodium for best taste
1 small can evaporated milk, 5oz roughly
8oz cheese cubed up or sliced thin and broken up
Optional but really nice: 8oz cubed reduced sodium spam or ham, canned
mushrooms, canned black olives, topping of french fried onions

I can tell the optional sides from the taste and I can tell a match was
made with the specific texture of a canned potato to the cheese as it
bubbled along. Ham nice but not essential.