Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My Sous Vide Experiences. (WAS: Hacking your slow cooker for Sous Vide)

On Nov 9, 4:54*am, Curt Nelson > wrote:

> Anyway, good luck! I hope you continue trying this technique and, most
> importantly, have fun eating your creations!

I much desire a sous vide cooker. I know a guy who is between school
and job, who happens to have a degree in electronic engineering. With
his skills and my money, we could put one together to share, or maybe
two, so we'd each have one.

> Curt Nelson

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 9, 8:19*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Nov 9, 4:54*am, Curt Nelson > wrote:
>

> > Anyway, good luck! I hope you continue trying this technique and, most
> > importantly, have fun eating your creations!

> I much desire a sous vide cooker. *I know a guy who is between school
> and job, who happens to have a degree in electronic engineering. *With
> his skills and my money, we could put one together to share, or maybe
> two, so we'd each have one.
>
> > Curt Nelson

> --Bryan

Yes you do, Bryan. And it would not be my Electrical Engineering
degree that would allow me to efficate building a sous vide cooker
with/for you, it would be the same basement building skills I have
that helped me be a significant contributor to the Cheep Effects! ;-)

I know how to plug stuff together! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article
Bryan > wrote:

> On Nov 9, 4:54*am, Curt Nelson > wrote:
> >

> > Anyway, good luck! I hope you continue trying this technique and, most
> > importantly, have fun eating your creations!

> I much desire a sous vide cooker. I know a guy who is between school
> and job, who happens to have a degree in electronic engineering. With
> his skills and my money, we could put one together to share, or maybe
> two, so we'd each have one.

Ping me privately, and I'll send you the schematic for the simple
controller I built for my slow cooker. (That goes for anybody else, too,
but I disclaim all responsibility if you fry yourself instead of your
dinner.)

Isaac