Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The kitchen sink

My lifetime guarantee Price-Phister kitchen faucet developed a leak. This is
the second time. The original cartridge lasted about 3 years, and the
replacement cartridge also lasted about 3 years. It's very easy to replace,
and they send the parts for free as long as I own the house.

The only sucky part was that they sent the parts by a VERY slow shipping
method, and the faucet dripped for well over a week before the parts arrived.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 7:56:15 AM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:

> My lifetime guarantee Price-Phister kitchen faucet developed a leak. This is
> the second time. The original cartridge lasted about 3 years, and the
> replacement cartridge also lasted about 3 years. It's very easy to replace,
> and they send the parts for free as long as I own the house.
>
> --Bryan

My Kohler kitchen faucet also developed a leak. It's leak
was in the area of where the faucet will turn side to side
and would leak like the dickens when the water was turned on.
I _thought_ it needed a new cartridge but upon investigating
a few YouTube videos it was the O rings and a retainer ring. I
was able to purchase a repair kit at Home Depot and it also
included stem lube. No more leaks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 10:02:33 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Friday, December 11, 2015 at 7:56:15 AM UTC-6, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> >
> > My lifetime guarantee Price-Phister kitchen faucet developed a leak. This is
> > the second time. The original cartridge lasted about 3 years, and the
> > replacement cartridge also lasted about 3 years. It's very easy to replace,
> > and they send the parts for free as long as I own the house.
> >
> > --Bryan
> >

> My Kohler kitchen faucet also developed a leak. It's leak
> was in the area of where the faucet will turn side to side
> and would leak like the dickens when the water was turned on.
> I _thought_ it needed a new cartridge but upon investigating
> a few YouTube videos it was the O rings and a retainer ring. I
> was able to purchase a repair kit at Home Depot and it also
> included stem lube. No more leaks!

Every bit of technology we develop will eventually break down. It's called "entropy", the thermodynamic law that says everything tends towards a state of less order, naturally. You will notice that a brand new shiny car never ever appears spontaneously in Nature. No, we have to put a lot of time, work and energy into things to make a brand new shiny car. BUT! If you take that brand new shiny car and put it IN Nature and leave it alone, Nature WILL reclaim it and reduce it back to it's raw materials!! Eventually. That is entropy!

John Kuthe...