Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Kitchen Sink

On stainless steel sinks for the kitchen is it better to buy the one where
the bowl is satin or chrome finished . Which one keeps it's finish longer.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Sun 05 Oct 2008 11:33:38a, Andy Petro told us...

> On stainless steel sinks for the kitchen is it better to buy the one
> where the bowl is satin or chrome finished . Which one keeps it's
> finish longer.

You'll end up with scratches in either one. The satin finish hides them
better.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, 10(X)/05(V)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
5wks 1dys 11hrs 53mins
2 + 2 = 4 (for the time being).
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Andy Petro" > wrote in message
> On stainless steel sinks for the kitchen is it better to buy the one where
> the bowl is satin or chrome finished . Which one keeps it's finish
> longer.

I'd go for the satin. Hides the inevitable scratches.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
"Andy Petro" > wrote:

> On stainless steel sinks for the kitchen is it better to buy the one where
> the bowl is satin or chrome finished . Which one keeps it's finish longer.

I agree with the others that satin is best. But remember, if you get a
high quality, heavier gauge SS sink, you can always have the scratches
buffed out if it starts to look really bad. But on the lighter gauge
sinks, little dents are more apt to occur which cannot be buffed away.

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
cez cez is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Petro View Post
On stainless steel sinks for the kitchen is it better to buy the one where
the bowl is satin or chrome finished . Which one keeps it's finish longer.
Go for satin. I swear it's better than chrome.
http://www.lionsdeal.com