Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dataw Island Club Halloween menu

Shepherd's Pie

"Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.

(Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?

I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL

Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.

Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.

Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Shepherd's Pie
>
> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>
> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
> Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?
>
> I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
> okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL
>
> Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.
>
> Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.
>
> Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
> don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.
>
> Jill

pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
cupboard ... how'd it get there??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/28/2015 6:49 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Shepherd's Pie
>>
>> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
>> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>>
>> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
>> Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?
>>
>> I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
>> okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL
>>
>> Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.
>>
>> Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.
>>
>> Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
>> don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.
>>
>> Jill

> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
> cupboard ... how'd it get there??

I helped an old guy find pumpkin pie spice when I was at the grocery
store. I was talking about caramel sauce drizzled on pumpkin pie.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-28 6:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Shepherd's Pie
>
> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>
> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
> Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?
>
> I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
> okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL
>
> Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.
>
> Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.
>
> Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
> don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.

Those are their specials? They sound disgusting. I have to agree about
caramel and pumpkin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-28 6:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
>> cupboard ... how'd it get there??
>>

> I helped an old guy find pumpkin pie spice when I was at the grocery
> store. I was talking about caramel sauce drizzled on pumpkin pie.

I don't know about pumpkin spice. I use nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> Shepherd's Pie
>
> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>
> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.

Lord, please spare us another debate on S.P.

It's up there with the homefrieshashbrown debate. AGH.

Amen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:51:44 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
>> Shepherd's Pie
>>
>> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
>> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>>
>> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.

>Lord, please spare us another debate on S.P.
>
>It's up there with the homefrieshashbrown debate. AGH.
>
>Amen.

Yes, both Jill and sf are giving it an airing
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
>> Shepherd's Pie
>>
>> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
>> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>>
>> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.

> Lord, please spare us another debate on S.P.
>
> It's up there with the homefrieshashbrown debate. AGH.
>
> Amen.

Cue up the crockpot shepherd's pie recipe...

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
>> Shepherd's Pie
>>
>> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
>> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>>
>> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.

> Lord, please spare us another debate on S.P.
>
> It's up there with the homefrieshashbrown debate. AGH.
>
> Amen.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/s...shepherd-s-pie

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...e-ee2f9c07d50b

http://www.allyou.com/food/family-me...-shepherds-pie

tee hee...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > Shepherd's Pie
> >
> > "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
> > plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
> >
> > (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
> > Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?
> >
> > I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
> > okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL
> >
> > Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.
> >
> > Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.
> >
> > Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
> > don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.
> >
> > Jill

> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
> cupboard ... how'd it get there??

yer CAT put it there...

--
GM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > Shepherd's Pie
> >
> > "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
> > plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
> >
> > (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
> > Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?
> >
> > I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
> > okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL
> >
> > Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.
> >
> > Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.
> >
> > Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
> > don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.
> >
> > Jill

> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
> cupboard ... how'd it get there??

yer CAT put it there...

--
GM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/28/2015 7:03 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-10-28 6:56 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>>> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
>>> cupboard ... how'd it get there??
>>>

>> I helped an old guy find pumpkin pie spice when I was at the grocery
>> store. I was talking about caramel sauce drizzled on pumpkin pie.

> I don't know about pumpkin spice. I use nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.

All I know is his wife sent him to the store with a list. He couldn't
find pumpkin pie spice so I found it for him. I'm sure any store
employee would have done the same, I just happened to be right there.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Shepherd's Pie
>>>
>>> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
>>> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>>>
>>> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
>>> Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?
>>>
>>> I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
>>> okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL
>>>
>>> Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.
>>>
>>> Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.
>>>
>>> Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
>>> don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
>> cupboard ... how'd it get there??

> yer CAT put it there...
>

> --
> GM

Funny twice over!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I think I found out where they get their recipes:

I think you're k00koo!

Steve Wertz - unrepentant woman stalker and total head case begging poor
Omelet to shoot him with a sniper rifle in austin.food:

ost

3/18/2011 3:49 PM
Microsoft Internet News 4.70.1162
readnews.com - News for Geeks and ISPs
fa35d278.newsreader.readnews.com

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

I'd prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/28/2015 6:49 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Shepherd's Pie
>>>
>>> "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
>>> plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>>>
>>> (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
>>> Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?
>>>
>>> I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
>>> okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL
>>>
>>> Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.
>>>
>>> Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.
>>>
>>> Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
>>> don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
>> cupboard ... how'd it get there??
>>

> I helped an old guy find pumpkin pie spice when I was at the grocery
> store. I was talking about caramel sauce drizzled on pumpkin pie.
>
> Jill

I was talking about pumpkin spice, not some old guy@!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>> > Shepherd's Pie
>> >
>> > "Ground beef and veggies topped with potatoes spookily rising off the
>> > plate with bubbly cheddar cheese". $13.
>> >
>> > (Nope, not getting into cottage pie vs. shepherds pie debate again.
>> > Bubbly cheddar cheese. I guess because it's orange?
>> >
>> > I think they stole my roasted butternut squash soup recipe. That's
>> > okay, I stole it from them and improved upon it. LOL
>> >
>> > Chips and bloody mary salsa, $4.
>> >
>> > Entree: Worms and eyeballs: Black squid ink pasta with meatballs. $13.
>> >
>> > Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
>> > don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
>> cupboard ... how'd it get there??

> yer CAT put it there...

which would be pretty weird especially because my CAT doesn't EXIST

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/29/2015 12:20 AM, tert in seattle wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> pumpkin spice is everywhere ... I saw it on popcorn ... it's even in my
>>> cupboard ... how'd it get there??
>>>

>> I helped an old guy find pumpkin pie spice when I was at the grocery
>> store. I was talking about caramel sauce drizzled on pumpkin pie.
>>
>> Jill

> I was talking about pumpkin spice, not some old guy@!

Uh huh... Nowhere did they mention pumpkin pie spice. You brought it
up. I don't bake pies.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 6:33:07 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:

> Dessert: Pumpkin cheesecake drizzled with caramel sauce. Somehow I
> don't think caramel goes with pumpkin. Could be wrong.

Given the caramel notes in pumpkin pie, I think it would be just fine
drizzled on pumpkin cheesecake. (Then again, caramel is one of my favorite
flavors.)

Of course, I've had some pumpkin cheesecakes that had only a nodding
acquaintance with pumpkin. More of a pumpkin-pie-spice cheesecake.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I don't know about pumpkin spice. I use nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.

My guess is that anyone who would buy "pumpkin pie spice" doesn't cook
much and doesn't have the variety of spices that real cooks have.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 10:31:43 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> > I don't know about pumpkin spice. I use nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.

> My guess is that anyone who would buy "pumpkin pie spice" doesn't cook
> much and doesn't have the variety of spices that real cooks have.

You'd be surprised. I have a jar of Apple Pie Spice that I got as
a sample from Penzey's. I often use it when a recipe (even curry)
calls for whatever's in it. It sits in the cupboard along with
the dozens of other herb and spice jars.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/29/2015 12:20 AM, tert in seattle wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> I helped an old guy find pumpkin pie spice when I was at the grocery
>>> store. I was talking about caramel sauce drizzled on pumpkin pie.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I was talking about pumpkin spice, not some old guy@!
>>

> Uh huh... Nowhere did they mention pumpkin pie spice. You brought it
> up. I don't bake pies.
>
> Jill

There's a jar in my cupboard with the words "pumpkin spice" on it,
and no "pie" in between ... and I'm wondering how the heck it got in
there. I blame all those lattes. It's not my fault! I'm just trying to
make decent conversation. It is a food group.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:
> It is a food group.

How many inches do you aim for in that group?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> I was talking about pumpkin spice, not some old guy@!
>>>

>> Uh huh... Nowhere did they mention pumpkin pie spice. You brought it
>> up. I don't bake pies.
>>
>> Jill

> There's a jar in my cupboard with the words "pumpkin spice" on it,
> and no "pie" in between ... and I'm wondering how the heck it got in
> there. I blame all those lattes. It's not my fault! I'm just trying to
> make decent conversation. It is a food group.

Sometimes I think it is a waste of time

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Uh huh... Nowhere did they mention pumpkin pie spice. You brought it
>>> up. I don't bake pies.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> There's a jar in my cupboard with the words "pumpkin spice" on it,
>> and no "pie" in between ... and I'm wondering how the heck it got in
>> there. I blame all those lattes. It's not my fault! I'm just trying to
>> make decent conversation. It is a food group.

> Sometimes I think it is a waste of time

oh it's always a waste of time

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:

>>> There's a jar in my cupboard with the words "pumpkin spice" on it,
>>> and no "pie" in between ... and I'm wondering how the heck it got in
>>> there. I blame all those lattes. It's not my fault! I'm just trying to
>>> make decent conversation. It is a food group.

>> Sometimes I think it is a waste of time

> oh it's always a waste of time

Not with a few people.

--