Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dataw Island Club LIMITED MENU April 28th...

Just got this email. I replied back: Someone *really* needs to give you
a calendar!

Anyway, here's what was available two days ago... or maybe today, I
can't really tell. I do love poking fun at these people!

Dataw Island Club
Limited Dinner Menu

Soup du jour
Cup $4.5 / Bowl $5.5

Signature Soup
Crab Bisque
Cup $5 / Bowl $6

Cobb Salad
Hearts of romaine with roasted turkey, maple ham, avocado, boiled egg,
bacon, tomato and bleu cheese crumbles
$9

Caesar Salad
Crisp romaine with olive oil, garlic,
croutons and parmesan cheese
$7.50

Escargot a la Bourguignon
Six sizzling snails in garlic butter, white wine
and served with garlic bread
$10

Pizza
Topped with 4 different cheeses, house made Italian and pepperoni sausage
$10

Dataw Hamburger
Char-grilled 8 oz. Angus burger with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and your
choice of cheese on a kaiser roll
$9.75

Chicken Parmesan
Over Tagliatelle with Provolone and Marinara Sauce
$17

Fried or Broiled Fish and Chips
Cod served with French Fries, Tarter Sauce and Malt Vinegar
$12

Fried Soft Shell Crab Sandwich
Served on a Kaiser Roll with Lettuce, Tomato and a Spicy Remoulade
$12.95

I just got a call from the Club! They're blaming the computer system.
Says when the reboot on Tuesday mornings it sends out things that are
several days old. That's as good an excuse as any, I suppose.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:25:41 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Just got this email. I replied back: Someone *really* needs to give you
> a calendar!

<snip>

> I just got a call from the Club! They're blaming the computer system.
> Says when the reboot on Tuesday mornings it sends out things that are
> several days old. That's as good an excuse as any, I suppose.

Weak! Maybe they have the wrong year on the computer's calendar and
no one has noticed. Somebody needs a lesson on how to reset the date
and "apply".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/30/2013 11:55 AM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:25:41 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Just got this email. I replied back: Someone *really* needs to give you
>> a calendar!
>>

> <snip>
>>
>> I just got a call from the Club! They're blaming the computer system.
>> Says when the reboot on Tuesday mornings it sends out things that are
>> several days old. That's as good an excuse as any, I suppose.
>>

> Weak! Maybe they have the wrong year on the computer's calendar and
> no one has noticed. Somebody needs a lesson on how to reset the date
> and "apply".

Unless they plan on paying me I'll let them figure out their computer
problems on their own. I'm not the only person who noticed this. She
sent out a subsequent email apologizing for the problem and again
blaming the computer.

I can't figure out why there would be unsent emails sitting there for
two days without being noticed. If part of my job was to send out daily
lunch or dinner specials, or in this case a limited menu due to some
golf tournament, I'd sure check to make sure it was sent, wouldn't you?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 01 May 2013 11:20:33 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 4/30/2013 11:55 AM, sf wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:25:41 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Just got this email. I replied back: Someone *really* needs to give you
> >> a calendar!
> >>

> > <snip>
> >>
> >> I just got a call from the Club! They're blaming the computer system.
> >> Says when the reboot on Tuesday mornings it sends out things that are
> >> several days old. That's as good an excuse as any, I suppose.
> >>

> > Weak! Maybe they have the wrong year on the computer's calendar and
> > no one has noticed. Somebody needs a lesson on how to reset the date
> > and "apply".
> >

> Unless they plan on paying me I'll let them figure out their computer
> problems on their own.

I wasn't even faintly hinting that you should put even a moment's
worth of effort into it.

> I'm not the only person who noticed this. She
> sent out a subsequent email apologizing for the problem and again
> blaming the computer.

Only the people who don't know squat still think they can blame "the
computer" for their personal failings.

> I can't figure out why there would be unsent emails sitting there for
> two days without being noticed. If part of my job was to send out daily
> lunch or dinner specials, or in this case a limited menu due to some
> golf tournament, I'd sure check to make sure it was sent, wouldn't you?

They certainly don't sound like a job well done is high on their to-do
list. They sound more & more like the type who sit back and complain
loudly about how the dirt people and immigrants are stealing their
jobs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/1/2013 12:01 PM, sf wrote:
> On Wed, 01 May 2013 11:20:33 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/30/2013 11:55 AM, sf wrote:

>>> <snip>

>>> Weak! Maybe they have the wrong year on the computer's calendar and
>>> no one has noticed. Somebody needs a lesson on how to reset the date
>>> and "apply".
>>>

>> Unless they plan on paying me I'll let them figure out their computer
>> problems on their own.

> I wasn't even faintly hinting that you should put even a moment's
> worth of effort into it.

Oh, I know that! Given the money they take in they can certainly find
someone to look at her computer if it is indeed somehow at fault. The
person who sends out these emails is the receptionist. She's the one
who takes reservations (if reservations are required) for special dining
events. I seriously doubt she's earning stellar wages. She's a
cheerful, friendly young woman who has been working there as long as
I've been a member of the club.

>> I can't figure out why there would be unsent emails sitting there for
>> two days without being noticed. If part of my job was to send out daily
>> lunch or dinner specials, or in this case a limited menu due to some
>> golf tournament, I'd sure check to make sure it was sent, wouldn't you?
>>

> They certainly don't sound like a job well done is high on their to-do
> list. They sound more & more like the type who sit back and complain
> loudly about how the dirt people and immigrants are stealing their
> jobs.

I don't have any idea what they complain about. I'm sure they're not
thrilled when I and others point out mistakes.

I *do* appreciate they started adding an automatic gratuity to food and
beverage purchases. Apparently the wealthy among us are real skin
flints about tipping.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 01 May 2013 12:54:24 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> I *do* appreciate they started adding an automatic gratuity to food and
> beverage purchases. Apparently the wealthy among us are real skin
> flints about tipping.

Heh. That's how the rich stay rich. I won't bother putting the way I
think they think into words.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

To say that the snails are sizzling sounds wrong - maybe the BUTTER is sizzling.

They need a dictionary too - it's TARTAR sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2013 5:22 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> To say that the snails are sizzling sounds wrong - maybe the BUTTER is sizzling.

And they serve it with garlic bread. The snails are already in garlic
butter. One hopes your dinner companion *really* likes you!

> They need a dictionary too - it's TARTAR sauce.

Spell check would probably confound them, too.

Jill