Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good News, Bad News

On 10/15/2015 2:10 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:06:15 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:
>
>> On 10/15/2015 8:16 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> Nothing from MalWart!! Ever!! Here's why:

>> **** OFF WITH YOUR ANTI WAL MART BULLSHIT!!!!

> **** MALWART!!!

**** YOU!!!!

I'll take the Fed's word over yours.

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/publi...al-communities

Given the terror that Wal-Mart is purported to inflict on communities,
the fedgazette's findings of the firm's economic influence are almost
mundane. Despite its kill-them-all reputation, Wal-Mart is not the
threat that many fear, at least in terms of economic benchmarks commonly
associated with healthy, growing communities.

For example, Wal-Mart is widely believed to destroy local firms and jobs
and to have a dampening effect on wages. But fedgazette findings suggest
the opposite: Firm growth, employment and total earnings were somewhat
stronger in Wal-Mart counties and, in some cases, even in the retail
sector. The research does suggest that retail earnings per job fell in
virtually all counties studied. But they actually fell by less in
Wal-Mart counties.

In sum, fedgazette findings suggest that Wal-Mart has a slightly
positive effect on counties where the retailer decides to set up shop.
But the effects are small; one could call the results mostly a wash. As
a result, maybe the most concrete—and surprising—conclusion is that
Wal-Mart's presence (or lack thereof) has little or no predictive power
regarding the economic success or failure of a county
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 2:16 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:37:55 PM UTC-4, sf wrote:
>> Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
>>
>> Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
>> finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
>> of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
>>
>> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>> is when that happens.
>>

>> --
>>
>> sf

> I have to laugh - You? A cook par excellence? And eating store-bought cookies?
> What IS this world coming to.

Convenience trumps hours of specialized baking where Oreos and he like
are concerned.

besides, who has the tooling to stamp out perfect replicas?

Do you only eat home-fried potato chips?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 10:02:53 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:05:24 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> >"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> Made in USA is high on my list of requirements. I am trying very hard
> >> never to buy cheap Chinese JUNK, ever!!

> >What does that have to do with buying plastic ice cube trays in UK??

> Everything if you are buying cheap Chinese JUNK plastic ice cube trays
> in the UK!! Why not supoport tyhe economy of your own nation by buying
> only products MADE in the UK? Doesn't anyone make things in the UK?
>
> John Kuthe...

I love buying stuff from China. The Chinese keep my VW Passat running. You can get an ignition coil set for less than $50 and a driver's window switch set with bezel for around $35. It ain't mil-spec electricals but I can't imagine it could be worse than a Bosch part. It's a great relief to be able to open and close the car windows at will!

I got a freon leak detector for less then $25. It worked great. I used it to find an AC leak. I could throw the detector away and I still saved a ton of dough by doing the work myself. The only way I can get this stuff cheaper is by stealing it. China is a magical place for sure!

As far as your ice cube tray problem goes, my suggestion is that you freeze water in cardboard milk cartons and then use an ice pick to finalize the cubes, or rather, shards. I suspect that you might have some problem with getting a not-made-in-China ice pick so you could probably use a hammer made by Stanley. One of these would be just spiffy!

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/41853417
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:16:59 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:37:55 PM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> > Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
> >
> > Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
> > finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
> > of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
> >
> > Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
> > is when that happens.
> >

> > --
> >
> > sf

> I have to laugh - You? A cook par excellence? And eating store-bought cookies?
> What IS this world coming to.

I know, I know... I didn't eat them for literally decades, but now
that hubby is really serious about his type II diabetes, I can't make
cookies at home anymore. Too tempting for him. He can refrain from
eating the Oreo's and I get my sugar fix. Everybody is happy.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 22:26:08 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>>is when that happens.

>I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>what they want!!

I wouldn't be surprised if it is similar to the two biggest Australian
supermarket chains where you are. Product manufacturers PAY the
supermarkets to have their products placed at eye level (ideally) on
the shelves.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:03:16 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

> On 10/15/2015 8:12 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> > "sf" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
> >>
> >> Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
> >> finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
> >> of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
> >>
> >> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
> >> is when that happens.

> > The cross you bear trruly humbles me.

> The snark you leak truly embarrasses you.

I hope Ophelia reads this and learns what a real snark is.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:35:05 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

>On 10/15/2015 2:07 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

>>> Maybe you can get off yer dead ass and actually do an online search!:
>>>
>>> http://usstuff.com/icetrays.htm
>>>
>>> nb

>> I refuse also to buy anything off Amazon!! **** Amazon!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

>Oh good grief!
>
>Let me guess, the Chinese bought them out?

No, greedy capitalist scum!! They refused to let me buy just ONE
replacement drain plug for my Coleman cooler. Said I'd have to buy
MORE dollars worth of stuff to complete and make my order work! ****
'em!! I went to coleman,com and purchased just one replacement drtain
plug, for more $$ than Amazon charged, but at least Amazon got NONE of
*MY* DOLLARS!! And they never will again too! **** Amazon!! And I'd
say that right to the ****ing filthy rich capitalist scum owner guy
too!

But worse, they have an active Internet user who uses my REAL NAME and
am NOT a sock puppet denigrating them all over the Internet!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 Oct 2015 16:57:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:

> John Kuthe > wrote in
> :
>
> > I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
> > move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
> > have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
> > what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
> > that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
> > more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
> >

> I agree!
>
> My local Walmart just reorganized their grocery dept. - I'm convinced for
> just that reason.

I'm every stores nightmare shopper. Even with it taking twice as long
as usual, I didn't buy anything I wouldn't have bought anyway. As I
said, they'd dropped a lot of items - so they lost sales and did not
gain any.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:32:38 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

>On 10/15/2015 2:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:38:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>> No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic ice
>>> cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are made
>>> in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

>Making ice cube trays?!?!?
>
>Oh joy....

Better than them glomming off the govt for unemployment!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:24 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 10:02:53 AM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:05:24 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:

>>> What does that have to do with buying plastic ice cube trays in UK??

>> Everything if you are buying cheap Chinese JUNK plastic ice cube trays
>> in the UK!! Why not supoport tyhe economy of your own nation by buying
>> only products MADE in the UK? Doesn't anyone make things in the UK?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> I love buying stuff from China. The Chinese keep my VW Passat running. You can get an ignition coil set for less than $50 and a driver's window switch set with bezel for around $35. It ain't mil-spec electricals but I can't imagine it could be worse than a Bosch part. It's a great relief to be able to open and close the car windows at will!
>
> I got a freon leak detector for less then $25. It worked great. I used it to find an AC leak. I could throw the detector away and I still saved a ton of dough by doing the work myself. The only way I can get this stuff cheaper is by stealing it. China is a magical place for sure!
>
> As far as your ice cube tray problem goes, my suggestion is that you freeze water in cardboard milk cartons and then use an ice pick to finalize the cubes, or rather, shards. I suspect that you might have some problem with getting a not-made-in-China ice pick so you could probably use a hammer made by Stanley. One of these would be just spiffy!
>
> http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/41853417

ROTFLOL!

Any Camping World RV store has plenty of silicone ice cube molds to sell.

Cooty is off on another one of his rants, and man does that cat like to
rant!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:26 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:16:59 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:37:55 PM UTC-4, sf wrote:
>>> Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
>>>
>>> Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
>>> finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
>>> of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
>>>
>>> Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>>> is when that happens.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> sf

>> I have to laugh - You? A cook par excellence? And eating store-bought cookies?
>> What IS this world coming to.

> I know, I know... I didn't eat them for literally decades, but now
> that hubby is really serious about his type II diabetes, I can't make
> cookies at home anymore. Too tempting for him. He can refrain from
> eating the Oreo's and I get my sugar fix. Everybody is happy.

A recommendation, if you've not tried them:

http://www.newmansown.com/food/type/cookies/

I love the Chocolate Os.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:27 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:03:16 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

>>> The cross you bear trruly humbles me.

>> The snark you leak truly embarrasses you.

> I hope Ophelia reads this and learns what a real snark is.

LOl...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message

> Maybe you can get off yer dead ass and actually do an online search!:
>
> http://usstuff.com/icetrays.htm
>
> nb

Another example of a really helpful post. LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
>KenK wrote:
>
>>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!

>> I agree!
>>
>> My local Walmart just reorganized their grocery dept. - I'm convinced for
>> just that reason.

>I am rarely in a Walmart but I know the other grocery stores do it
>regularly. I am not sure how much of it is based on boosting sales of
>specific products or a particular line of goods. I can tell you that
>there are entire aisles of the store that I rarely bother with until I
>find that they have moved the stuff I normally get and I have to go
>searching for it.

Every stupidmarket I've ever been in has overhead signs at each aisle
indicating *generally* what items will be displayed... why would
anyone care if in the canned fruits section thay swapped the peaches
with the fruit cocktail, only a blind person would care. The produce
gets switched all the time, primarily for seasonal reasons... anyone
who can't distinguish white potatoes from sweet potatoes and fresh
corn from acorn squash has a much larger problem. Stores generally
move items for harvest season reasons and due to holidays... right now
a lot of items have been shifted temporarilly to make space for
Halloween candy, decorations, costumes, and such... the bakery section
will move all the items decorated for Halloween to the forefront so
some items are moved ten feet away, big whoop, won't be long the store
will be arranged for Thanksgiving, next Christmas, then New Year. I've
never yet seen a store swap the meat department with the dairy
department or the deli department with the produce department unless
the entire store was demolished and rebuilt from the ground up. I
think some of yoose are extremely immature... do your mommies still
have to arrange your sock drawer exactly the same every time or yoose
can't get dressed... I can't imagine any sane person get all
discombobulated because the store swaps the cottage cheese shelf with
the sour cream shelf, with the yogurt shelf... it's all in the dairy
department... the dairy ain't gonna be in the aisle with laundry soap.
All stores rearrange, it's their right, live with it... unless your IQ
is too low to ask store employees for assistance in locating where
they stashed the flat toothpics and girly barettes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:30 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:35:05 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

>>> I refuse also to buy anything off Amazon!! **** Amazon!!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Oh good grief!
>>
>> Let me guess, the Chinese bought them out?

> No, greedy capitalist scum!!

Rant on!

> They refused to let me buy just ONE
> replacement drain plug for my Coleman cooler. Said I'd have to buy
> MORE dollars worth of stuff to complete and make my order work! ****
> 'em!!

Iow you wanted the /free shipping/ which comes in after you buy $35
worth of merchandise directly from them, not their partners.

You cheapskate.

> I went to coleman,com and purchased just one replacement drtain
> plug, for more $$ than Amazon charged, but at least Amazon got NONE of
> *MY* DOLLARS!! And they never will again too! **** Amazon!!

All because YOU can't follow the written rules for free shipping...tsk...

> And I'd say that right to the ****ing filthy rich capitalist scum owner guy
> too!

I dunno about Bezos, but I'd be happy to smack those rants right out of you.

> But worse, they have an active Internet user who uses my REAL NAME and
> am NOT a sock puppet denigrating them all over the Internet!!
>
> John Kuthe...

That's too damned funny, someone actually frogged you on Amazon!

It is to laugh!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:35 PM, sf wrote:
> On 15 Oct 2015 16:57:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>
>> John Kuthe > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
>>> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
>>> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
>>> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>>>

>> I agree!
>>
>> My local Walmart just reorganized their grocery dept. - I'm convinced for
>> just that reason.

> I'm every stores nightmare shopper. Even with it taking twice as long
> as usual, I didn't buy anything I wouldn't have bought anyway. As I
> said, they'd dropped a lot of items - so they lost sales and did not
> gain any.

My pet gripe is all those idiotic free-standing and end cap displays
they clog the aisles with so you can't get by other shoppers' carts easily.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:04:10 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:38:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:

>>No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic ice
>>cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are made
>>in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>>
>>Cheri

>YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?
>
>John Kuthe...

No sane parent in the US would want their kids to have a career
producing plastic icecube trays for minimum wage... your parents were
obviously brain damaged druggies that they raised you to be a NO job
parasite.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:38 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:32:38 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:
>
>> On 10/15/2015 2:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

>>> YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Making ice cube trays?!?!?
>>
>> Oh joy....

> Better than them glomming off the govt for unemployment!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Oh come on now, once Buh-nie Sanders give everyone a free state college
education we'll imagine our way to prosperity.

Have some faith man, more free stuff is coming!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kuthe" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:38:06 -0700, "Cheri" >

>>No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic ice
>>cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are
>>made
>>in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>>
>>Cheri

> YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?
>
> John Kuthe...

Why the Hell would I look for plastic ice cube trays that are made in the
USA when I don't use them or need them? As far as my children go, they all
have jobs that are not dependent on whether YOU buy plastic USA made ice
trays or not, but I am very concerned that you have a job anywhere near
"regular" folks. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:07:17 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On 15 Oct 2015 16:13:58 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>>> Maybe you can find some through this site or its discussion forum.
>>> http://keepitusamade.com/links.htm

>>Maybe you can get off yer dead ass and actually do an online search!:
>>
>>http://usstuff.com/icetrays.htm
>>
>>nb

>I refuse also to buy anything off Amazon!! **** Amazon!!
>
>John Kuthe...

Before you can shop at Amazon you need to have money to pay, BUM!
LOSER! PARASITE!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:56:06 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

> On 10/15/2015 3:35 PM, sf wrote:
> > On 15 Oct 2015 16:57:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:
> >
> >> John Kuthe > wrote in
> >> :

> >> I agree!
> >>
> >> My local Walmart just reorganized their grocery dept. - I'm convinced for
> >> just that reason.

> > I'm every stores nightmare shopper. Even with it taking twice as long
> > as usual, I didn't buy anything I wouldn't have bought anyway. As I
> > said, they'd dropped a lot of items - so they lost sales and did not
> > gain any.
> >

> My pet gripe is all those idiotic free-standing and end cap displays
> they clog the aisles with so you can't get by other shoppers' carts easily.

The store I'm talking about doesn't do much of that, if any.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:57 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:04:10 -0500, John Kuthe >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:38:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>> No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic ice
>>> cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are made
>>> in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> No sane parent in the US would want their kids to have a career
> producing plastic icecube trays for minimum wage... your parents were
> obviously brain damaged druggies that they raised you to be a NO job
> parasite.

But wait, he dipped chocolates...for a couple of days...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 3:58 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:38:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>> No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator.
>>> Plastic ice
>>> cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they
>>> are made
>>> in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>>>
>>> Cheri

>> YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Why the Hell would I look for plastic ice cube trays that are made in
> the USA when I don't use them or need them? As far as my children go,
> they all have jobs that are not dependent on whether YOU buy plastic USA
> made ice trays or not, but I am very concerned that you have a job
> anywhere near "regular" folks. LOL
>
> Cheri

He actually HAS a job???

Whoa.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:46:35 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

> On 10/15/2015 3:26 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:16:59 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> > > wrote:
> >

> >> I have to laugh - You? A cook par excellence? And eating store-bought cookies?
> >> What IS this world coming to.

> > I know, I know... I didn't eat them for literally decades, but now
> > that hubby is really serious about his type II diabetes, I can't make
> > cookies at home anymore. Too tempting for him. He can refrain from
> > eating the Oreo's and I get my sugar fix. Everybody is happy.
> >

> A recommendation, if you've not tried them:
>
> http://www.newmansown.com/food/type/cookies/
>
> I love the Chocolate Os.

What section is that supposed to be in? I can guarantee it's not in
the cookie section at my store. We have a large Asian population in
the surrounding area and sweets aren't their thing. I'm glad about
that because it means that cookies in the grocery store bakery aren't
very sweet.

If you've never tried them, Trader Joe's has a much better version of
Milano's. They are crispier and the filling is a very dark chocolate.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 4:03 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:56:06 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

>>> I'm every stores nightmare shopper. Even with it taking twice as long
>>> as usual, I didn't buy anything I wouldn't have bought anyway. As I
>>> said, they'd dropped a lot of items - so they lost sales and did not
>>> gain any.
>>>

>> My pet gripe is all those idiotic free-standing and end cap displays
>> they clog the aisles with so you can't get by other shoppers' carts easily.
>>

> The store I'm talking about doesn't do much of that, if any.

That's a really good thing!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 4:14 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 15:46:35 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:
>
>> On 10/15/2015 3:26 PM, sf wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:16:59 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia

>>> I know, I know... I didn't eat them for literally decades, but now
>>> that hubby is really serious about his type II diabetes, I can't make
>>> cookies at home anymore. Too tempting for him. He can refrain from
>>> eating the Oreo's and I get my sugar fix. Everybody is happy.
>>>

>> A recommendation, if you've not tried them:
>>
>> http://www.newmansown.com/food/type/cookies/
>>
>> I love the Chocolate Os.

> What section is that supposed to be in? I can guarantee it's not in
> the cookie section at my store.

Bummer, ours has them and the vanilla ones too.

> We have a large Asian population in
> the surrounding area and sweets aren't their thing. I'm glad about
> that because it means that cookies in the grocery store bakery aren't
> very sweet.

That would follow.

> If you've never tried them, Trader Joe's has a much better version of
> Milano's. They are crispier and the filling is a very dark chocolate.

I haven't yet, but I will now - thanks!

I also like the Pepperidge Farms Brussels cookies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

>Good news: My grocery store FINALLY has Oreo thins on the shelf.
>
>Bad news: They don't stock labneh anymore and it's not a matter of
>finding another store in the same chain that does (12 within 5 miles
>of my house) - it's not on the product list. Poof.
>
>Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
>is when that happens.

My Winco recently did a total remodel. They supplied us with and map
and a reference sheet. That is totally wonderful.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:37:50 -0700, sf > wrote:

> > Frustrating news: They've reorganized the store and you know how it
> > is when that happens.

> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries looking for
> what they want!! Experienced customers know exactly where the items
> that they seek to buy are, so they don't normally look at (read: be
> more likely to buy) all the rest of the crap they stock and carry!
>
> ****ing grocery stores!! I'm STILL not gonna buy any of that crap you
> sell! I'm only there for what I want, not all the crap you want to
> sell me!
>
> John Kuthe...

Walmart (at least here) is infamous for that. About all they don't
move is the electronics because of the power leads. You can head for
the kids clothes last week, and find yourself in ladies bras and stuff
like that.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:14:30 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

> That's a really good thing!

I hope it continues. Obstacle courses aren't any interest to me.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:41:02 -0600, Janet B >
wrote:

> My Winco recently did a total remodel. They supplied us with and map
> and a reference sheet. That is totally wonderful.

They should have their store plans online in this day and age and keep
it updated. This would not only help customers, it would help the
poor courtesy clerks who are helping customers located items.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:30:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> The more they sell, the more jobs they create too.

Somewhere, at least. They're moving to a bigger online presence,
which means they'll be cutting back on brick & mortar.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 8:03 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:14:30 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:
>
>> That's a really good thing!

> I hope it continues. Obstacle courses aren't any interest to me.

Ditto.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 8:24 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:30:18 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> The more they sell, the more jobs they create too.

> Somewhere, at least. They're moving to a bigger online presence,
> which means they'll be cutting back on brick & mortar.

Or maybe not.

Might just try and take virtual share.

I doubt they can though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "John Kuthe" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 08:38:06 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>No, the icemaker is in the freezer section of my refrigerator. Plastic
>>>ice
>>>cube trays are available everywhere here, but I don't know if they are
>>>made
>>>in the USA or not since I haven't looked. :-)
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> YOU have not looked? Do you care...if your children have jobs?
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Why the Hell would I look for plastic ice cube trays that are made in the
> USA when I don't use them or need them? As far as my children go, they all
> have jobs that are not dependent on whether YOU buy plastic USA made ice
> trays or not, but I am very concerned that you have a job anywhere near
> "regular" folks. LOL

Amen to that!
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 5:30:54 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:35:05 -0600, Arroyo seco > wrote:

> >> I refuse also to buy anything off Amazon!! **** Amazon!!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...
> >>

> >Oh good grief!
> >
> >Let me guess, the Chinese bought them out?

> No, greedy capitalist scum!! They refused to let me buy just ONE
> replacement drain plug for my Coleman cooler. Said I'd have to buy
> MORE dollars worth of stuff to complete and make my order work!

Do you mean that you tried to order something that was labeled an
"Add-On Item", and you didn't understand what that meant?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Those center-of-the-aisle displays, or putting up center blockades one has to detour
around are really, really difficult for those of us who are disabled to any degree.
I know the stores are trying to maximize profits, but some of these decisions need
a second look, IMO.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-10-16 8:38 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Those center-of-the-aisle displays, or putting up center blockades one has to detour
> around are really, really difficult for those of us who are disabled to any degree.
> I know the stores are trying to maximize profits, but some of these decisions need
> a second look, IMO.

Those seem to be seen as some of the socially challenged as a perfect
accessory to blocking other shoppers. It is where the dullards
invariable stop to look around or to park their carts while they wander
over to look at items.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 12:57 PM, KenK wrote:
> John Kuthe > wrote in
> :
>
>> I'm firmly convinved the reason grocery stores will reorganize (read:
>> move everything somewhere else!) is to force experienced customers to
>> have to look at a lot more of the stuff the store carries

(snippage)

> I agree!
>
> My local Walmart just reorganized their grocery dept. - I'm convinced for
> just that reason.

Of course they do. It's marketing. It's not earth-shattering news.
Just like the gradual down-sizing of cans from 16 oz. to 15 to 14.5 oz.
isn't new or news. Oh, that package of cranberries went from 12 to 10.
It's been happening for years.

I shopped for a few things yesterday at a store where they've been
rearranging in the last couple of months. Just because they moved
things around doesn't mean I'm going to buy a bunch of other stuff. I'm
sure lots of people fall for it. Impulse buyers, most likely.

Me, I just want to get what I came for and leave. I shop with a list.
That's not to say I never buy something I hadn't planned for. Of course
I do. I'm saying flipping the store upside down and my having to look a
little harder (or ask where things are) doesn't make me suddenly decide
to buy things I normally wouldn't.

I'm sure it works on some people. That's why they do it.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/15/2015 10:06 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:41:02 -0600, Janet B >
> wrote:
>
>> My Winco recently did a total remodel. They supplied us with and map
>> and a reference sheet. That is totally wonderful.

> They should have their store plans online in this day and age and keep
> it updated. This would not only help customers, it would help the
> poor courtesy clerks who are helping customers located items.

Publix is my primary grocery store. I create a shopping list on their
site and it tells me the aisle where the items on my list are located.

But even without that, I'm perfectly capable of reading the signs over
the aisles... assuming they're correct during the grocery store shuffle.

If, for some reason, you can't find something you can ask one of those
"poor courtesy clerks". At Publix, at least, they know where things
are. It's their job. Customer service on the fly. When the new Publix
opened I had no idea where anything was. The online "map" hadn't been
updated for the new store so my shopping list was like a treasure map.
But hey, ask a person who works there? Oh, it's over there, let me show
you.

None of that "it's not my department" attitude. THAT is customer service.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

**** off, no one cares about you.