Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Stir-Fried Choko (Chayote Squash) with Beef and Garlic

Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
away. This is so good, not too garlicky and the sauce has a nice
little kick to it.
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...nd-garlic.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/p44axpd

This morning, I heated the leftovers and served them over bean thread
noodles and topped with a quail egg.
https://flic.kr/p/ykcgKN

Good doins' Maynard

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
> away. This is so good, not too garlicky and the sauce has a nice
> little kick to it.
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...nd-garlic.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/p44axpd
>
> This morning, I heated the leftovers and served them over bean thread
> noodles and topped with a quail egg.
> https://flic.kr/p/ykcgKN
>
> Good doins' Maynard
>
> koko

That looks wonderful!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 10:43:13 AM UTC+10, koko wrote:
> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
> away. This is so good, not too garlicky and the sauce has a nice
> little kick to it.
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...nd-garlic.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/p44axpd

Have two chokos in the fridge. Was looking at Mexican recipes for them. But this is certainly a contender.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Timo wrote:
>koko wrote:
>> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
>> away. This is so good, not too garlicky and the sauce has a nice
>> little kick to it.
>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...nd-garlic.html
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/p44axpd

>Have two chokos in the fridge. Was looking at Mexican recipes for them. But this is certainly a contender.

Mirlitons. When I lived in CA I grew them on a fence. My favorite
way to eat them was grilled.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/7/2015 6:43 PM, koko wrote:

> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
> away. This is so good, not too garlicky and the sauce has a nice
> little kick to it.
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...nd-garlic.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/p44axpd
>
> This morning, I heated the leftovers and served them over bean thread
> noodles and topped with a quail egg.
> https://flic.kr/p/ykcgKN
>
> Good doins' Maynard
>
> koko
>
> --
>
> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
> James Beard

Good freaking grief!

Please, just open a restaurant and stop titillating us!

:-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 1:23 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Timo wrote:
>> koko wrote:
>>> Downloaded aed in CA I grew them on a fence. My favorite

> way to eat them was grilled.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/8/2015 7:01 PM, Timo wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 10:43:13 AM UTC+10, koko wrote:
>> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
>> away. This is so good, not too garlicky and the sauce has a nice
>> little kick to it.
>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...nd-garlic.html
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/p44axpd

> Have two chokos in the fridge. Was looking at Mexican recipes for them. But this is certainly a contender.

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/8/2015 10:43 AM, koko wrote:

> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
> away. This is so good,

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 5:44 AM, Arthur Rochford Manby wrote:
> On 9/8/2015 10:43 AM, koko wrote:
>>
>> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
>> away. This is so good,

> Mmmm hmmm...
>
> Ayup...

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/9/2015 5:29 AM, Arthur Rochford Manby wrote:
> On 9/9/2015 1:23 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Timo wrote:

>> way to eat them was grilled.
>>

> Mmmm hmmm...
>
> Ayup...

Mmmm hmmm...

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 23:08:36 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
>> away. This is so good, not too garlicky and the sauce has a nice
>> little kick to it.
>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...nd-garlic.html
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/p44axpd
>>
>> This morning, I heated the leftovers and served them over bean thread
>> noodles and topped with a quail egg.
>> https://flic.kr/p/ykcgKN
>>
>> Good doins' Maynard
>>
>> koko

>That looks wonderful!
>
>Cheri

Thank you, it was pretty darned good.

koko

James Beard
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 7 Sep 2015 23:08:36 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>

>>"koko" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Downloaded a new cookbook, so of course I have to cook from it right
>>> away. This is so good, not too garlicky and the sauce has a nice
>>> little kick to it.
>>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...nd-garlic.html
>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/p44axpd
>>>
>>> This morning, I heated the leftovers and served them over bean thread
>>> noodles and topped with a quail egg.
>>> https://flic.kr/p/ykcgKN
>>>
>>> Good doins' Maynard
>>>
>>> koko

>>That looks wonderful!
>>
>>Cheri

> Thank you, it was pretty darned good.
>
> koko

I bet it was, I'm going to make it this week.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U ****