Old 24-08-2015, 03:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Conical burr coffe grinders, American made

I suddenly found myself in need of a good American made conical burr
coffee grinder!! My old Black and Decker (now all made in China,
thanks MalWart! :-( ) shot craps this evening and the backup duplicate
unit I unboxed failed to work!! (Cheap Chinese CRAP!)

I've been Googling for American made conical burr coffee grinders, and
find a lot that way, but one I was looking at closely said Made in
Taiwan, etc.

Anyone have any good ideas?

John Kuthe...

Old 24-08-2015, 03:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
I suddenly found myself in need of a good American made conical burr
coffee grinder!! My old Black and Decker (now all made in China,
thanks MalWart! :-( ) shot craps this evening and the backup duplicate
unit I unboxed failed to work!! (Cheap Chinese CRAP!)

I've been Googling for American made conical burr coffee grinders, and
find a lot that way, but one I was looking at closely said Made in
Taiwan, etc.

Anyone have any good ideas?

John Kuthe...

Yes.

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/hardware/Coffee-Grinder

Old 24-08-2015, 03:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 20:38:21 -0600, Mal Pais wrote:

John Kuthe wrote:
I suddenly found myself in need of a good American made conical burr
coffee grinder!! My old Black and Decker (now all made in China,
thanks MalWart! :-( ) shot craps this evening and the backup duplicate
unit I unboxed failed to work!! (Cheap Chinese CRAP!)

I've been Googling for American made conical burr coffee grinders, and
find a lot that way, but one I was looking at closely said Made in
Taiwan, etc.

Anyone have any good ideas?

John Kuthe...

Yes.

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/hardware/Coffee-Grinder

Thanks, I was hoping for an electric grinder, but I may have to go
manual. How long does it take to grind almost a cup of roasted beans
in a hand grinder? I make about that much daily.

John Kuthe...
Old 24-08-2015, 03:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
I suddenly found myself in need of a good American made conical burr
coffee grinder!! My old Black and Decker (now all made in China,
thanks MalWart! :-( ) shot craps this evening and the backup duplicate
unit I unboxed failed to work!! (Cheap Chinese CRAP!)

I've been Googling for American made conical burr coffee grinders, and
find a lot that way, but one I was looking at closely said Made in
Taiwan, etc.

Anyone have any good ideas?

John Kuthe...

Yes.

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/hardware/Coffee-Grinder

Thanks, I was hoping for an electric grinder, but I may have to go
manual. How long does it take to grind almost a cup of roasted beans
in a hand grinder? I make about that much daily.

John Kuthe...

And WHAT'S THIS SHIT??!!

Made in USA and China??!!! :-(

https://www.lehmans.com/p-2907-canni...e-grinder.aspx

Grr grr grr!! I don't want to send my $$ to China!

John Kuthe...
Old 24-08-2015, 04:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

Anyone have any good ideas?

John Kuthe...

Yes.

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/hardware/Coffee-Grinder

Thanks, I was hoping for an electric grinder, but I may have to go
manual. How long does it take to grind almost a cup of roasted beans
in a hand grinder? I make about that much daily.

John Kuthe...

Not too long, maybe ten minutes.

Old 24-08-2015, 04:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 7:18:53 PM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:
I suddenly found myself in need of a good American made conical burr
coffee grinder!! My old Black and Decker (now all made in China,
thanks MalWart! :-( ) shot craps this evening and the backup duplicate
unit I unboxed failed to work!! (Cheap Chinese CRAP!)

I've been Googling for American made conical burr coffee grinders, and
find a lot that way, but one I was looking at closely said Made in
Taiwan, etc.

Anyone have any good ideas?

John Kuthe...

The best deal we found is the Capresso Infinity. Comes in silver, brown,
or stainless.
http://www.capresso.com/media/wysiwy...ng_OL_828_.pdf

Although the grinder is made in China, "Burrs are produced as matched
pairs and are hand-assembled in Switzerland for precise fit"
Old 24-08-2015, 04:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 21:34:22 -0600, Mal Pais wrote:

John Kuthe wrote:

John Kuthe...

And WHAT'S THIS SHIT??!!

Made in USA and China??!!! :-(

https://www.lehmans.com/p-2907-canni...e-grinder.aspx

Grr grr grr!! I don't want to send my $$ to China!

John Kuthe...

Dude, chill.

Dude, I am VERY serious about NOT sending my dollars to China!

John Kuthe...
Old 24-08-2015, 04:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 7:18:53 PM UTC-7, John Kuthe wrote:
I suddenly found myself in need of a good American made conical burr
coffee grinder!! My old Black and Decker (now all made in China,
thanks MalWart! :-( ) shot craps this evening and the backup duplicate
unit I unboxed failed to work!! (Cheap Chinese CRAP!)

I've been Googling for American made conical burr coffee grinders, and
find a lot that way, but one I was looking at closely said Made in
Taiwan, etc.

Anyone have any good ideas?

John Kuthe...

The only reasonably priced alternatives are the Hario handcranked ceramic
grinders, made in Japan.
http://www.amazon.com/Hario-Ceramic-.../dp/B001802PIQ
Old 24-08-2015, 04:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 21:33:49 -0600, Mal Pais wrote:

John Kuthe wrote:

Anyone have any good ideas?

John Kuthe...

Yes.

http://non-electric.lehmans.com/hardware/Coffee-Grinder

Thanks, I was hoping for an electric grinder, but I may have to go
manual. How long does it take to grind almost a cup of roasted beans
in a hand grinder? I make about that much daily.

John Kuthe...

Not too long, maybe ten minutes.

Ten mins is too long. I'm used to grinding almost a cup of beans in
about a minute or so. I'm making a whole "12 cup" pot, and I make my
coffee very strong.

John Kuthe...

Old 24-08-2015, 04:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

John Kuthe...

And WHAT'S THIS SHIT??!!

Made in USA and China??!!! :-(

https://www.lehmans.com/p-2907-canni...e-grinder.aspx

Grr grr grr!! I don't want to send my $$ to China!

John Kuthe...

Dude, chill.

Dude, I am VERY serious about NOT sending my dollars to China!

John Kuthe...

Well then:

http://texascoffeegrinders.com/
Old 24-08-2015, 04:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 9:41 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
I'm making a whole "12 cup" pot,

Addicted much?
Old 24-08-2015, 04:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 9:50 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
I will pay the price for a good high capacity
AMERICAN MADE conical or flat burr grinder.

John Kuthe...

http://texascoffeegrinders.com/

Few people know that the trick to making the perfect cup of coffee at
home is to grind the beans just before they're brewed. By hand grinding
those carefully prepared coffee beans with a one of a kind tool that is
designed to improve the quality of your cup, you'll take your home
brewing to the next level.

The Camano Coffee Mill is a unique manual coffee grinder. A simple
design, the beauty lies in its functionality and care in construction.
It's a fully adjustable conical burr coffee grinder that's as beautiful
as it is functional. The only energy the Camano Coffee Mill uses is
yours... a small way you can help conserve electricity and enjoy a good
cup of joe.

Holds enough coffee beans to make 4-5 cups of drip coffee. Need to make
more? Just refill the hopper and keep grinding!

Get your very own Camano Coffee Mill or as a gift for that someone who
truly savors their coffee experience.
Dimensions: 4 Diameter x 9" Height
Conical-burr mechanism
Fully adjustable grind, from coarse to fine
Cast mechanism mounts on hand-built hardwood cap
Food grade finish used on hardwood cap
16 oz wide mouth Ball glass jar included
Walnut is hand picked from Amish distributor
Individually crafted by hand in Missouri

Old 24-08-2015, 04:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 21:49:03 -0600, Playa wrote:

On 8/23/2015 9:41 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
I'm making a whole "12 cup" pot,

Addicted much?

For 35 years! Began drinking coffee back in 1980 when I started
working 3rd shift in the donut shop.

I read about a long time coffee drinker who decided to give up
caffeine and he said that after he did he never felt better. So I
decided to give it a try, and after getting over the expected
headaches, and still after a couple weeks after the headaches stopped
I could just never get over the "Gee I could sure use a cup of coffee"
lethargy! So I resumed my coffee and decided for me, caffeine was a
necesary therapeutic agent! Much like insulin for a diabetic, but
without the direr conseuences if I din't get my fix. If a diabetic
doesn't get their insulin they may die, if I don't get my caffeine I
just feel very tired.

John Kuthe...