Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Docking crackers

dsi1 > wrote:
> On 10/25/2014 11:36 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:42:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>>> I'm in the process of scanning my records so I have a lot paper I need
>>> to get rid of. The OCD Chinese guy that's helping me wants to save that
>>> paper to use for scratch but the idea of leaking patient's names out
>>> there is a very scary one. Everything needs to go into the shredder. If
>>> I could, I'd rather burn it all. Nice paper though! :-)

>> I shred *after* I use junk mail paper. I have a shredder but mostly I
>> snip with scissors.
>>

> Due to HIPPA regs, scissors just ain't gonna cut it. :-)

You've already violated HIPAA, not "HIPPA", by letting your friend see the
documents in the first place.
--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:11:35 PM UTC-10, Jinx the Minx wrote:
> dsi1 > wrote:
> > On 10/25/2014 11:36 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> >> I shred *after* I use junk mail paper. I have a shredder but mostly I
> >> snip with scissors.
> >>

> > Due to HIPPA regs, scissors just ain't gonna cut it. :-)

> You've already violated HIPAA, not "HIPPA", by letting your friend see the
> documents in the first place.
> --
> jinx the minx

The guy works for me so seeing the patients and records seems to be unavoidable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 25, 2014 2:42:38 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:12:22 AM UTC-10, Nancy2 wrote:
> > Yes, I did. I had a lot of full size scratch paper, was a stay at home mom at the time, so had lots
> > of time on my hands. It was a good way to use up scratch paper that was blank on one side.
> > "Reduce, reuse, recycle."
> >
> > N.

> I'm in the process of scanning my records so I have a lot paper I need to get rid of. The OCD Chinese guy that's helping me wants to save that paper to use for scratch but the idea of leaking patient's names out there is a very scary one. Everything needs to go into the shredder. If I could, I'd rather burn it all. Nice paper though! :-)

After I shred, it goes into a brown paper bag marked OFFICE PAPER, tape it shut, and it is accepted by my recycling outfit. Wow - I"m glad I can at least recyck all those @$#% glossy political flyers. Must've received a dozen today.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:14:23 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> I'm ashamed to call a professional for my paltry paper-shredding needs.
> If I had 80 boxes of docs, I'd gladly call one of these people. I also
> want to give my friend some work cause I'm a nice guy.

No problem, just wanted to give you a heads up that there's an easier
and safe way to dispose of sensitive materials.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2014 5:32 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Nothing to do with cheapness... I hate waste... and using that junk
> mail paper is no more effort than stapling a stack for the
> recyclables bin.

Every shipment at work has a couple of papers. One is used once and is
in good as new condition. The half with the customer name and
information is shredded, but the other half gets cut up and is used for
note paper. Sure, we buy plenty of pads, but this keeps it to a minimum.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hey, it wasn't like I made hundreds, or even dozens. No, I didn't do anything "cute" with them. I didn't
use just staples, because they don't tear properly, and you end up with little bits of loose paper. I
probably made a dozen total...just until I used up my supply of extra full size paper. It was back in
the early seventies, and I did it with my machine, and yes, I used electricity. I dare you to measure
how much it took to make a dozen pads, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. LOL.

I was pretty proud of myself figuring out how to efficiently use that waste paper in a form that was handy.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2014 1:56 PM, Kalmia wrote:

> After I shred, it goes into a brown paper bag marked OFFICE PAPER, tape it shut, and it is accepted by my recycling outfit. Wow - I"m glad I can at least recyck all those @$#% glossy political flyers. Must've received a dozen today.

Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of handing over shredded docs
over to a third party nor do I like putting the bag of paper in the
dumpster. I'm thinking of getting a big plastic trash can to dump the
paper in. Maybe I can make paper mache bricks out of the stuff. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2014 1:12 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 10/25/2014 1:56 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>>
>> After I shred, it goes into a brown paper bag marked OFFICE PAPER,
>> tape it shut, and it is accepted by my recycling outfit. Wow - I"m
>> glad I can at least recyck all those @$#% glossy political flyers.
>> Must've received a dozen today.
>>

> Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of handing over shredded docs
> over to a third party nor do I like putting the bag of paper in the
> dumpster. I'm thinking of getting a big plastic trash can to dump the
> paper in. Maybe I can make paper mache bricks out of the stuff. :-)

OK, you're paranoid. If you have a good crosscut shredder, you can
dispose of it confidently. Only on detective shows on TV is it put
together again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2014 7:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/26/2014 1:12 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 10/25/2014 1:56 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>>>
>>> After I shred, it goes into a brown paper bag marked OFFICE PAPER,
>>> tape it shut, and it is accepted by my recycling outfit. Wow - I"m
>>> glad I can at least recyck all those @$#% glossy political flyers.
>>> Must've received a dozen today.
>>>

>> Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of handing over shredded docs
>> over to a third party nor do I like putting the bag of paper in the
>> dumpster. I'm thinking of getting a big plastic trash can to dump the
>> paper in. Maybe I can make paper mache bricks out of the stuff. :-)

> OK, you're paranoid. If you have a good crosscut shredder, you can
> dispose of it confidently. Only on detective shows on TV is it put
> together again.

I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:12:01 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> On 10/25/2014 1:56 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> >
> > After I shred, it goes into a brown paper bag marked OFFICE PAPER, tape it shut, and it is accepted by my recycling outfit. Wow - I"m glad I can at least recyck all those @$#% glossy political flyers. Must've received a dozen today.
> >

> Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of handing over shredded docs
> over to a third party nor do I like putting the bag of paper in the
> dumpster. I'm thinking of getting a big plastic trash can to dump the
> paper in. Maybe I can make paper mache bricks out of the stuff. :-)

Give them a proper burial. You're surrounded by water so you can
always go out in a boat and scatter them at sea.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:41:09 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

> I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
> throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
> even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
> they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

Maybe I didn't hear it here... but I heard somewhere that you can
erase hard drives very effectively by passing a big enough magnet over
them. At the moment, I'm thinking the person was talking about using
a magnet from an old stereo speaker.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2014 2:41 AM, dsi1 wrote:

>> OK, you're paranoid. If you have a good crosscut shredder, you can
>> dispose of it confidently. Only on detective shows on TV is it put
>> together again.

> I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
> throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
> even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
> they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 10/26/2014 2:41 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> >> OK, you're paranoid. If you have a good crosscut shredder, you can
> >> dispose of it confidently. Only on detective shows on TV is it put
> >> together again.

> > I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
> > throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
> > even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
> > they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

> Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
> printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
> readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

And if you're still not easy, mix up all the shedded pieces and put
them into 3 bags and throw them out in different places or times.
G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:12:53 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:41:09 -1000, dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> > I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
> > throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
> > even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
> > they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

> Maybe I didn't hear it here... but I heard somewhere that you can
> erase hard drives very effectively by passing a big enough magnet over
> them. At the moment, I'm thinking the person was talking about using
> a magnet from an old stereo speaker.

You might be able to wipe out most of the data from a drive that way but you can't be sure that it's 100%. That's pretty much why I disassemble the drives. As an added bonus, you can harvest some nice rare earth magnets.

> --
> Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 2:55:23 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 10/26/2014 2:41 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> >> OK, you're paranoid. If you have a good crosscut shredder, you can
> >> dispose of it confidently. Only on detective shows on TV is it put
> >> together again.

> > I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
> > throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
> > even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
> > they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

> Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
> printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
> readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

I treat these things as I would if it had my data and credit card info on them - very carefully. I don't think one can be flippant about these things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:19:57 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> > > I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
> > > throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
> > > even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
> > > they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

> > Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
> > printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
> > readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

> And if you're still not easy, mix up all the shedded pieces and put
> them into 3 bags and throw them out in different places or times.
> G.

I'm fairly certain that there's bad people out there that would gladly accept shredded paper or erased drives if there was a chance of mining data out of it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 01:30:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 10/26/2014 1:12 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 10/25/2014 1:56 PM, Kalmia wrote:
>>>
>>> After I shred, it goes into a brown paper bag marked OFFICE PAPER,
>>> tape it shut, and it is accepted by my recycling outfit. Wow - I"m
>>> glad I can at least recyck all those @$#% glossy political flyers.
>>> Must've received a dozen today.
>>>

>> Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of handing over shredded docs
>> over to a third party nor do I like putting the bag of paper in the
>> dumpster. I'm thinking of getting a big plastic trash can to dump the
>> paper in. Maybe I can make paper mache bricks out of the stuff. :-)

>OK, you're paranoid. If you have a good crosscut shredder, you can
>dispose of it confidently. Only on detective shows on TV is it put
>together again.

This is a great sshredder and a great price... no way can anyone put
those bits back:
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-1...paper+shredder

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 08:54:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 10/26/2014 2:41 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>>> OK, you're paranoid. If you have a good crosscut shredder, you can
>>> dispose of it confidently. Only on detective shows on TV is it put
>>> together again.

>> I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
>> throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
>> even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
>> they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

>Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
>printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
>readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

I have a micro crosscut, you'd have better luck unscrambling an egg.
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-1...paper+shredder
Typical crosscut shredders cut materials into strips (a letter-size
sheet results in about 360 strips). Our micro-cut shredder cuts credit
cards and paper into tiny bits (reducing a sheet to about 2,235
pieces). You gain peace of mind with six times more shredding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:12:53 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:41:09 -1000, dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
>> > throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
>> > even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me
>> > where
>> > they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

>> Maybe I didn't hear it here... but I heard somewhere that you can
>> erase hard drives very effectively by passing a big enough magnet over
>> them. At the moment, I'm thinking the person was talking about using
>> a magnet from an old stereo speaker.
>>

> You might be able to wipe out most of the data from a drive that way but
> you can't be sure that it's 100%. That's pretty much why I disassemble the
> drives. As an added bonus, you can harvest some nice rare earth magnets.

dh puts a hammer through any he has finished with.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:56:23 AM UTC-10, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> >> I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
> >> throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
> >> even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
> >> they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

> >Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
> >printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
> >readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

> I have a micro crosscut, you'd have better luck unscrambling an egg.
> http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-1...paper+shredder
> Typical crosscut shredders cut materials into strips (a letter-size
> sheet results in about 360 strips). Our micro-cut shredder cuts credit
> cards and paper into tiny bits (reducing a sheet to about 2,235
> pieces). You gain peace of mind with six times more shredding.

Ha ha, sounds pretty good. Will check it out. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:59:04 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
> > On Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:12:53 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
> >> On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:41:09 -1000, dsi1

> >> Maybe I didn't hear it here... but I heard somewhere that you can
> >> erase hard drives very effectively by passing a big enough magnet over
> >> them. At the moment, I'm thinking the person was talking about using
> >> a magnet from an old stereo speaker.
> >>

> > You might be able to wipe out most of the data from a drive that way but
> > you can't be sure that it's 100%. That's pretty much why I disassemble the
> > drives. As an added bonus, you can harvest some nice rare earth magnets..

> dh puts a hammer through any he has finished with.

That's a good start. Then I'd drive up to the highlands in a Montero and bury it like the Romans buried their money before a battle. When it's discovered 2000 years later you can be sure that the data contained within won't amount to a hill of haggis. 😜💀😇

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:59:04 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>> > You might be able to wipe out most of the data from a drive that way
>> > but
>> > you can't be sure that it's 100%. That's pretty much why I disassemble
>> > the
>> > drives. As an added bonus, you can harvest some nice rare earth
>> > magnets.

>> dh puts a hammer through any he has finished with.
>>

> That's a good start. Then I'd drive up to the highlands in a Montero and
> bury it like the Romans buried their money before a battle. When it's
> discovered 2000 years later you can be sure that the data contained within
> won't amount to a hill of haggis. 😜💀😇

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:12:02 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On 10/25/2014 1:56 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> >
> > After I shred, it goes into a brown paper bag marked OFFICE PAPER, tape it shut, and it is accepted by my recycling outfit. Wow - I"m glad I can at least recyck all those @$#% glossy political flyers. Must've received a dozen today.
> >

> Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of handing over shredded docs
> over to a third party nor do I like putting the bag of paper in the
> dumpster. I'm thinking of getting a big plastic trash can to dump the
> paper in. Maybe I can make paper mache bricks out of the stuff. :-)

Gee, my shredded material's almost confetti-like. My bag of whole paper has been 'cleansed' of any id or vital info.

What'll you do with these bricks?: ))
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:12:35 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

> I treat these things as I would if it had my data and credit card info on them - very carefully. I don't think one can be flippant about these things.

Or mix in in with used cat litter or food scraps. OR, maybe you can book space on the Mars shot ( or has that left already?) I am not up on the space program, for certain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2014 3:12 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> I have a crosscut shredder but is that good enough? Maybe not. I don't
>>> throw away hard drives and there's a drawerful of them in the office
>>> even though I've taken quite a few apart. Beats the hell out of me where
>>> they're coming from. They multiply like rabbits. :-)

>> Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
>> printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
>> readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

> I treat these things as I would if it had my data and credit card info on them - very carefully. I don't think one can be flippant about these things.

If you think I'm flippant, then yes, you are paranoid.

Get a micro cut for $70
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-8...dder+cross-cut

Take apart the hard drives and scratch the discs

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
>> On Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:12:53 AM UTC-10, sf wrote:
>>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:41:09 -1000, dsi1

>>> Maybe I didn't hear it here... but I heard somewhere that you can
>>> erase hard drives very effectively by passing a big enough magnet over
>>> them. At the moment, I'm thinking the person was talking about using
>>> a magnet from an old stereo speaker.
>>>

>> You might be able to wipe out most of the data from a drive that way but
>> you can't be sure that it's 100%. That's pretty much why I disassemble
>> the
>> drives. As an added bonus, you can harvest some nice rare earth magnets.

> dh puts a hammer through any he has finished with.

I did that too but my bro said there was still a way to get data.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2014 6:58 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> I would have to do that also. I did own a Yankee push drill some years
> ago but as is the case with most all tools I have bought, they seem to
> go the way of the wind. Was usually a combination of my dad and husband
> going off to do some task and I either never got the tools back or I
> would eventually find them outside somewhere, rusty. Husband did buy a
> drill some years ago but I have no clue where it is.

I've never made crackers but I'll bet you can do it fancy with a tool
like this made for punching images into fondant.

<http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wilton-Fondant-Decorative-Punch-Set-Cake-Decorating-Flowers-Tool-8-PCS-Fondant-Decorative-Cutter-Set/1547284286.html>

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

> >> You might be able to wipe out most of the data from a drive that way but
> >> you can't be sure that it's 100%. That's pretty much why I disassemble
> >> the
> >> drives. As an added bonus, you can harvest some nice rare earth magnets.

> > dh puts a hammer through any he has finished with.

> I did that too but my bro said there was still a way to get data.

and your brother does what for a living?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2014 8:56 AM, Nancy2 wrote:

> One can easily make perforated note pads with a sewing machine
> without thread. I used to do it Whenever I needed a note pad. I
> just stapled the top of the papers together, and then stitched it.
>
> N.

Is that what docking does? Make perforations so you can separate them?

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2014 1:55 PM, Gary wrote:
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> I use the blank backs of junk mail... and most actually use very high
>> quality bond papers... I cut each page in halves or quarters and
>> staple like 50 sheets together. I also use the blank backs of junk
>> mail to print my crossword puzzles.

> You cheapskate! You spend a fortune on your property and animals and
> you do what you wrote above. I'll send you a few pads of paper for
> christmas...how's that?
> G.

I know you're just kidding, but wherever you can save a little money to
spend it elsewhere, I'm all for it.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 10/24/2014 6:58 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I would have to do that also. I did own a Yankee push drill some years
>> ago but as is the case with most all tools I have bought, they seem to
>> go the way of the wind. Was usually a combination of my dad and husband
>> going off to do some task and I either never got the tools back or I
>> would eventually find them outside somewhere, rusty. Husband did buy a
>> drill some years ago but I have no clue where it is.

> I've never made crackers but I'll bet you can do it fancy with a tool like
> this made for punching images into fondant.
>
> <http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wilton-Fondant-Decorative-Punch-Set-Cake-Decorating-Flowers-Tool-8-PCS-Fondant-Decorative-Cutter-Set/1547284286.html>

I doubt it. You need to make holes all the way though. Not just a
decorative design.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2014 6:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 10/25/2014 9:39 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:42:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Everything needs to go into the shredder. If I could, I'd rather burn
>>> it all. Nice paper though! :-)

>> Call a commercial document shredder. The truck rolls up to your house
>> or place of business and they do it while you watch. Everything is
>> diced vs old fashioned shredding. Hubby had something like 80 boxes
>> filled with sensitive information like name, address & social security
>> numbers that he destroyed using a commercial document shredding
>> service. It's inexpensive and I bet you'll be able to write it off as
>> a business expense.
>>

> I'm ashamed to call a professional for my paltry paper-shredding needs.
> If I had 80 boxes of docs, I'd gladly call one of these people. I also
> want to give my friend some work cause I'm a nice guy.

My little town does an annual document shredding event. You drive up,
the take the boxes of docs and shred them. We also have an annual
electronics recycle event, and things like old paint and chemicals where
you drive up and they take all of your old electronics like TVs, old
VCRs, anything electronic. I have a lot in queue to take in but I keep
missing the dates.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2014 3:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:19:57 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
>>> printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
>>> readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

>> And if you're still not easy, mix up all the shedded pieces and put
>> them into 3 bags and throw them out in different places or times.
>> G.

> I'm fairly certain that there's bad people out there that would gladly accept shredded paper or erased drives if there was a chance of mining data out of it.

I keep all of the old hard drives that I remove from machines that need
to be disposed of. I don't have so many that I am concerned about what
to do with them yet.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2014 5:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
>>> printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
>>> readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

>> I treat these things as I would if it had my data and credit card info
>> on them - very carefully. I don't think one can be flippant about
>> these things.
>>

> If you think I'm flippant, then yes, you are paranoid.
>
> Get a micro cut for $70
> http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-8...dder+cross-cut
>

> Take apart the hard drives and scratch the discs

Or put a magnet on them.

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 10/25/2014 8:56 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> One can easily make perforated note pads with a sewing machine
>> without thread. I used to do it Whenever I needed a note pad. I
>> just stapled the top of the papers together, and then stitched it.
>>
>> N.
>>

> Is that what docking does? Make perforations so you can separate them?

No. It puts perforations in them to let the steam out while baking and to
keep air circulating through them so they remain crisp.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
> > On 10/25/2014 8:56 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> >>
> >> One can easily make perforated note pads with a sewing machine
> >> without thread. I used to do it Whenever I needed a note pad. I
> >> just stapled the top of the papers together, and then stitched it.
> >>
> >> N.
> >>

> > Is that what docking does? Make perforations so you can separate them?

> No. It puts perforations in them to let the steam out while baking and to
> keep air circulating through them so they remain crisp.

how does air circulate thru something that is on a baking sheet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:14:43 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> Clean the shredder hopper. Run a page through with something you've
> >> printed so you know what is on it. Now try to assemble it to be
> >> readable. Then mix it in with another 100 sheets. Rest easy.

> > I treat these things as I would if it had my data and credit card info on them - very carefully. I don't think one can be flippant about these things.
> >

> If you think I'm flippant, then yes, you are paranoid.

I'll take being paranoid over being complacent or liable any day of the week! 🙉🙈🙊

> Get a micro cut for $70
> http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-8...dder+cross-cut
>
> Take apart the hard drives and scratch the discs

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:55:52 PM UTC-10, Cheryl wrote:
> On 10/25/2014 8:56 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> >
> > One can easily make perforated note pads with a sewing machine
> > without thread. I used to do it Whenever I needed a note pad. I
> > just stapled the top of the papers together, and then stitched it.
> >
> > N.
> >

> Is that what docking does? Make perforations so you can separate them?
>
> --
> ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
> Cheryl

You put holes in cracker dough (and other thin doughs) to keep them from puffing up and deforming the finished goods.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:10:31 AM UTC-10, Kalmia wrote:
> On Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:12:02 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On 10/25/2014 1:56 PM, Kalmia wrote:
> > >
> > > After I shred, it goes into a brown paper bag marked OFFICE PAPER, tape it shut, and it is accepted by my recycling outfit. Wow - I"m glad I can at least recyck all those @$#% glossy political flyers. Must've received a dozen today.
> > >

> > Call me paranoid but I don't like the idea of handing over shredded docs
> > over to a third party nor do I like putting the bag of paper in the
> > dumpster. I'm thinking of getting a big plastic trash can to dump the
> > paper in. Maybe I can make paper mache bricks out of the stuff. :-)

> Gee, my shredded material's almost confetti-like. My bag of whole paper has been 'cleansed' of any id or vital info.
>
> What'll you do with these bricks?: ))

I'm thinking they could be used to clean car windshields. 🎃
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:33:44 PM UTC-10, Cheryl wrote:
> On 10/25/2014 6:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On 10/25/2014 9:39 AM, sf wrote:

> >> Call a commercial document shredder. The truck rolls up to your house
> >> or place of business and they do it while you watch. Everything is
> >> diced vs old fashioned shredding. Hubby had something like 80 boxes
> >> filled with sensitive information like name, address & social security
> >> numbers that he destroyed using a commercial document shredding
> >> service. It's inexpensive and I bet you'll be able to write it off as
> >> a business expense.
> >>

> > I'm ashamed to call a professional for my paltry paper-shredding needs.
> > If I had 80 boxes of docs, I'd gladly call one of these people. I also
> > want to give my friend some work cause I'm a nice guy.

> My little town does an annual document shredding event. You drive up,
> the take the boxes of docs and shred them. We also have an annual
> electronics recycle event, and things like old paint and chemicals where
> you drive up and they take all of your old electronics like TVs, old
> VCRs, anything electronic. I have a lot in queue to take in but I keep
> missing the dates.

Better luck next time. I got a big Vizo TV that's next to the door that's driving me crazy. It's always tough to get rid of big electronics.

> --
> Cheryl

The docking tool worked! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 24 12-11-2014 09:08 PM
the best crackers! Peter Lucas General Cooking 2 16-10-2010 11:24 PM
Ritz crackers cory! General Cooking 91 18-03-2010 07:32 AM
(3D) Animal crackers! ChattyCathy General Cooking 0 27-05-2009 05:44 PM
Herbed Crackers Andy & Shell Recipes (moderated) 0 26-11-2003 05:11 PM