Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default English Muffins

Sometimes, I'll buy the Thomas English Muffins 6-pak when they are on
sale. I like them plain with butter or sometimes with some grape jam
added.

This morning at 6am or so, the bakery lady was putting out full loaves
of "English Muffin bread." Still warm even. I asked her about them and
she said that many people prefer them over Thomas brand.

So I said, next time I get the urge, I'll try one of hers and I went
on shopping. 10 minutes later, I came back and bought a loaf. I
couldn't resist.

It's a full loaf of bread (unsliced) over one pound for only $1.99.
I'll slice into it later this evening and see if it's all that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:02:09 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> Sometimes, I'll buy the Thomas English Muffins 6-pak when they are on
> sale. I like them plain with butter or sometimes with some grape jam
> added.
>
> This morning at 6am or so, the bakery lady was putting out full loaves
> of "English Muffin bread." Still warm even. I asked her about them and
> she said that many people prefer them over Thomas brand.
>
> So I said, next time I get the urge, I'll try one of hers and I went
> on shopping. 10 minutes later, I came back and bought a loaf. I
> couldn't resist.
>
> It's a full loaf of bread (unsliced) over one pound for only $1.99.
> I'll slice into it later this evening and see if it's all that.

I make English muffin bread at home from time to time - it's very
tasty.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 13, 2014 7:02:09 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> Sometimes, I'll buy the Thomas English Muffins 6-pak when they are on
>
> sale. I like them plain with butter or sometimes with some grape jam
>
> added.
>

> This morning at 6am or so, the bakery lady was putting out full loaves
>
> of "English Muffin bread." Still warm even. I asked her about them and
>
> she said that many people prefer them over Thomas brand.
>

> So I said, next time I get the urge, I'll try one of hers and I went
>
> on shopping. 10 minutes later, I came back and bought a loaf. I
>
> couldn't resist.
>

> It's a full loaf of bread (unsliced) over one pound for only $1.99.
>
> I'll slice into it later this evening and see if it's all that.

Safeway sells that stuff. It's a pre-sliced high density loaf and it's got a very attractive price. It's a stout white bread that comes in thinner slices. I like it. It makes a great breakfast toast and it's good for grilled cheese sandwiches. I like the compact dimensions too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

We use Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads recipe for English
Muffin Loaf. Mix as he prescribes, then process in your bread machine
for a medium-crust, white bread setting and let 'er rip. Tastes great,
and most of the muffin slices have nooks and crannies on both sides. 8

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:53:12 -0400, pltrgyst > wrote:

> We use Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads recipe for English
> Muffin Loaf. Mix as he prescribes, then process in your bread machine
> for a medium-crust, white bread setting and let 'er rip. Tastes great,
> and most of the muffin slices have nooks and crannies on both sides. 8

Do the ingredients for that recipe vary from the Fleischmann's recipe
by much?

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.