Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default If you don't drool over this, you are possibly dead

http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-04-21, Paul M. Cook > wrote:

> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

.....or soon would be, after trying to gag it down!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2014-04-21, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
>>
>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

> ....or soon would be, after trying to gag it down!

Just looks like a greasy mess to me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2014-04-21, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
>>
>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

> ....or soon would be, after trying to gag it down!

Have you held a mirror under your nose lately?

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> On 2014-04-21, Paul M. Cook > wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

>> ....or soon would be, after trying to gag it down!

> Just looks like a greasy mess to me!

It's not greasy, it is cheesy. Never had a Montechristo?

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:19:43 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

> It's also not dipped in egg, which is necessary to be a Monte Cristo.

It actually is if you read the freaking recipe.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 21, 2014 4:19:47 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> Just looks like a greasy mess to me!

Agree. Gag, what a mishmash mess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> ....or soon would be, after trying to gag it down!

>> Just looks like a greasy mess to me!

> It's not greasy, it is cheesy. Never had a Montechristo?

Never and would not. Nothing in there appeals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/21/2014 3:19 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

I love a properly prepared monte cristo sandwich, but this doesn't look
like one. I haven't seen a monte cristo on a menu for decades. )-:

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

>>> Just looks like a greasy mess to me!

>> It's not greasy, it is cheesy. Never had a Montechristo?

> Never and would not. Nothing in there appeals.

Like that is supposed to be a surprise?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 4/21/2014 3:19 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

> I love a properly prepared monte cristo sandwich, but this doesn't look
> like one. I haven't seen a monte cristo on a menu for decades. )-:

Me too Properly made a MC is a divine blend of flavors and textures and
gooey cheesy goodness. The waffle is a dead giveaway that this is not a
tradtional MC.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Monday, April 21, 2014 4:19:47 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Just looks like a greasy mess to me!
>>

> Agree. Gag, what a mishmash mess.

Seems like it would be right at home in your mouth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/21/2014 10:19 AM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/
>

> ---

It's an interesting idea. I'll try it when I can get the fixins
together. You can forget about the powdered sugar and jam on the top. I
mean, we're not animals here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:53:30 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message

>>> Agree. Gag, what a mishmash mess.

>> Seems like it would be right at home in your mouth.

> Aww, Paul. No reason to get childishly offended if people don't think
> it's all that. You just have TIAD.

No I meant it. The irony was just too much. Somebody doesn't like a
sandwich it doesn't ruin my day.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

NO thank you! That is disgusting.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 21, 2014 8:53:30 PM UTC-5, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> > wrote in message
>

> > On Monday, April 21, 2014 4:19:47 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> Just looks like a greasy mess to me!

> > Agree. Gag, what a mishmash mess.

> Seems like it would be right at home in your mouth.

YOU'RE the one going all orgasmic over this mess. It appears it belongs in YOUR feeding trough as everyone else here is turned off by this slop other than you, hog. And now you're ****ed off because everyone thinks your choice 'sandwich' looks like garbage.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:51:58 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> Aww, Paul. No reason to get childishly offended if people don't think
>>> it's all that. You just have TIAD.

>> No I meant it. The irony was just too much. Somebody doesn't like a
>> sandwich it doesn't ruin my day.

> That wasn't a sandwich. It was more of a turkey donut.

Except it was made with ham. Gee, I am beginning to think possibly, just
maybe you didn't actually read the recipe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Monday, April 21, 2014 8:53:30 PM UTC-5, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> > wrote in message
>

> > On Monday, April 21, 2014 4:19:47 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> Just looks like a greasy mess to me!

> > Agree. Gag, what a mishmash mess.

> Seems like it would be right at home in your mouth.

YOU'RE the one going all orgasmic over this mess. It appears it belongs in
YOUR feeding trough as everyone else here is turned off by this slop other
than you, hog. And now you're ****ed off because everyone thinks your
choice 'sandwich' looks like garbage.

-------

It's a Monte. They are messy. Like sex. You, however, should package your
personality and sell it as a form of birth control.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:53:30 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message

>>> Agree. Gag, what a mishmash mess.

>> Seems like it would be right at home in your mouth.

> Aww, Paul. No reason to get childishly offended if people don't think
> it's all that. You just have TIAD.

Meh. Consider the source. A foul mouthed, white trash bitch doesn't add up
to much in my life. Corn dogs and mayo sandwhiches are not my speed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in
:

> > wrote in message
> On Monday, April 21, 2014 8:53:30 PM UTC-5, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>> > Agree. Gag, what a mishmash mess.

>> Seems like it would be right at home in your mouth.
>>

> YOU'RE the one going all orgasmic over this mess. It appears it
> belongs in YOUR feeding trough as everyone else here is turned off by
> this slop other than you, hog. And now you're ****ed off because
> everyone thinks your choice 'sandwich' looks like garbage.
>
> -------
>
> It's a Monte. They are messy. Like sex. You, however, should package
> your personality and sell it as a form of birth control.

I don't think I'd particularly enjoy the sandwich, but this thread is
entertaining.

--
--Bryan
"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:09:39 AM UTC-5, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> > wrote in message
>

> YOU'RE the one going all orgasmic over this mess. It appears it belongs in
> YOUR feeding trough as everyone else here is turned off by this slop other
> than you, hog. And now you're ****ed off because everyone thinks your
> choice 'sandwich' looks like garbage.
>

> It's a Monte. They are messy. Like sex. You, however, should package your
> personality and sell it as a form of birth control.

Whereas all you would have to do is flash a picture of your ugly mug.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:54:57 AM UTC-5, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>
>> > Aww, Paul. No reason to get childishly offended if people don't think

> > it's all that. You just have TIAD.

> Meh. Consider the source. A foul mouthed, white trash bitch doesn't add up
> to much in my life. Corn dogs and mayo sandwhiches are not my speed.

He simply cannot tolerate criticism of anything he posts and he thinks we should all be clapping our hands with glee with his offerings. And he still hasn't gotten over the spat we had a few months ago when I wouldn't lay down and die after a similar exchange of words. And yes, he is indeed childish and probably sulks like a 14 year old girl when he doesn't get his way out in the real world. He must be a real pain in the butt to have as a 'friend.'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:
> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

Forgive me for not being a contrarian, but I agree with you completely -
I want one of those, and I want it right now. I may have to try
something at least similar for dinner tonight. Reminds me a little of
eating bacon on a plate of waffles and maple syrup - bacon in syrup is
yummy, and a ham sandwich with a sweet component, while not something
I'd want every day of the week, sounds like a real treat.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 00:54:57 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> Aww, Paul. No reason to get childishly offended if people don't think
>>> it's all that. You just have TIAD.
>>>

>> Meh. Consider the source. A foul mouthed, white trash bitch doesn't add
>> up
>> to much in my life. Corn dogs and mayo sandwhiches are not my speed.

> You already answered my post earlier, Paul. You don't get a second to
> come back when you're drunk and try make a wittier <snork> post than
> the first time around. It doesn't work that way and just makes you
> look like a stupid, childish, drunk.

My thread, my rules. Suck it up.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Winters_Lackey" > wrote in message
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in
> :
>

>> > wrote in message

>>> Seems like it would be right at home in your mouth.
>>>

>> YOU'RE the one going all orgasmic over this mess. It appears it
>> belongs in YOUR feeding trough as everyone else here is turned off by
>> this slop other than you, hog. And now you're ****ed off because
>> everyone thinks your choice 'sandwich' looks like garbage.
>>
>> -------
>>
>> It's a Monte. They are messy. Like sex. You, however, should package
>> your personality and sell it as a form of birth control.
>>

> I don't think I'd particularly enjoy the sandwich, but this thread is
> entertaining.

It's only important that you get some pleasure out of it, yes. I think an
eggy waffle with smoky ham, gooey cheese and a bit of lovely raspberry jam
woule be a great combination. Kind of like ... I dunno .. a traditional
Montecristo.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 23:07:42 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>>> That wasn't a sandwich. It was more of a turkey donut.

>> Except it was made with ham. Gee, I am beginning to think possibly, just
>> maybe you didn't actually read the recipe.

> Thanks for noticing - that's yet another reason it's not a MC - no
> turkey (except for you, that is).

The debate about turkey on a Montecristo predates you. Myself I like it but
I would never turn my nose up at one without it.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:19:43 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/
>>

> NO thank you! That is disgusting.

Yes well it ain't PB&J cocktail sandwhiches from TJs, no.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-04-21 8:38 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
> On 4/21/2014 3:19 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

> I love a properly prepared monte cristo sandwich, but this doesn't look
> like one. I haven't seen a monte cristo on a menu for decades. )-:

The last one I had was in Paris about 20 years ago. It was very good,
and it didn't have icing sugar and jam on top.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:09:39 AM UTC-5, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>

>> YOU'RE the one going all orgasmic over this mess. It appears it belongs
>> in
>> YOUR feeding trough as everyone else here is turned off by this slop
>> other
>> than you, hog. And now you're ****ed off because everyone thinks your
>> choice 'sandwich' looks like garbage.
>>

>> It's a Monte. They are messy. Like sex. You, however, should package
>> your
>> personality and sell it as a form of birth control.
>>

> Whereas all you would have to do is flash a picture of your ugly mug.

No seriously, even the Catholic church would be OK with it.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 2:54:57 AM UTC-5, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>
>> > Aww, Paul. No reason to get childishly offended if people don't think

> > it's all that. You just have TIAD.

> Meh. Consider the source. A foul mouthed, white trash bitch doesn't add
> up
> to much in my life. Corn dogs and mayo sandwhiches are not my speed.

He simply cannot tolerate criticism of anything he posts and he thinks we
should all be clapping our hands with glee with his offerings. And he still
hasn't gotten over the spat we had a few months ago when I wouldn't lay down
and die after a similar exchange of words. And yes, he is indeed childish
and probably sulks like a 14 year old girl when he doesn't get his way out
in the real world. He must be a real pain in the butt to have as a
'friend.'

------------

See the dictionary under "projection." You are a rampaging asshole. That
has been established years ago.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
news
> On 2014-04-21 8:38 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
>> On 4/21/2014 3:19 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
>>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

>> I love a properly prepared monte cristo sandwich, but this doesn't look
>> like one. I haven't seen a monte cristo on a menu for decades. )-:
>>

> The last one I had was in Paris about 20 years ago. It was very good, and
> it didn't have icing sugar and jam on top.

You can get them at almost any diner here. You can get the jam on the side
as a dip. But it is a part of the classic sandwhich.

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/22/2014 3:30 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 14:51:18 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I love a properly prepared monte cristo sandwich, but this doesn't look
>>> like one. I haven't seen a monte cristo on a menu for decades. )-:
>>>

>> The last one I had was in Paris about 20 years ago. It was very good,
>> and it didn't have icing sugar and jam on top.

> I find it hard to believe that you can get a Monte Cristo sandwich in
> France considering they have the croque monsieur and croque madame.
>
> -sw

A croque monsieur is what the Monte Cristo is based on in North America.
Dave is probably calling it that for the sake of this thread.

A Monte Cristo sandwich is delicious! I first tried one at The Half
Shell in Memphis, TN. Yeah, it was 25 years ago. Ham, turkey,
provolone cheese, bread dipped in batter and deep fried. Such a
sandwich should be a very rare indulgence.

I did have them hold the powdered sugar. They put the strawberry jam in
a souffle cup on the side, just in case. No waffles involved.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

Admittedly I've never had a waffle before, but they've never looked
all that appealing to me. But adding powdered sugar, jam and swiss
cheese as well... I think I'm going to ill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/22/2014 11:06 AM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 13:19:43 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
> wrote:
>

>> http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/09/m...ffle-sandwich/

> Admittedly I've never had a waffle before, but they've never looked
> all that appealing to me. But adding powdered sugar, jam and swiss
> cheese as well... I think I'm going to ill

This country loves waffles. Unfortunately, you have to eat the things
within minutes after it leaves the iron. Most waffles served in the US
are just so-so. We order waffles in hopes of getting a great one. Most
of the time, it's a disappointment. A lot of people just give up
ordering waffles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-04-22 3:23 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:

>> The last one I had was in Paris about 20 years ago. It was very good, and
>> it didn't have icing sugar and jam on top.

> You can get them at almost any diner here. You can get the jam on the side
> as a dip. But it is a part of the classic sandwhich.

I stand corrected on that. It was a Croque Monsieur that I ate in Paris.
But.... I have to say that the idea of a savory sort of French toast
sandwich with powdered sugar and jam is not something that appeals to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-04-22 5:22 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> This country loves waffles. Unfortunately, you have to eat the things
> within minutes after it leaves the iron. Most waffles served in the US
> are just so-so. We order waffles in hopes of getting a great one. Most
> of the time, it's a disappointment. A lot of people just give up
> ordering waffles.

That is why I almost never order them. I have been disappointed too many
times. I think my wife and I are two of the few people who make our
own. We make them about once a month on the average. Personally, I
would just as well make pancakes because they are the same basic
ingredients and a lot less work, but my wife loves waffles. It is
probably because she likes butter so much and she can get more butter
using a waffle as the ingredient than she cane with pancakes.

The only restaurant in the area that serves decent pancakes had a
serious fire last week and is closed for a while. There is nowhere that
I would bother to order waffles.

It is a major pet peeve of mine that the restaurants that specialize in
waffles and pancakes are among the worst places to get them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/22/2014 11:41 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-04-22 5:22 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> This country loves waffles. Unfortunately, you have to eat the things
>> within minutes after it leaves the iron. Most waffles served in the US
>> are just so-so. We order waffles in hopes of getting a great one. Most
>> of the time, it's a disappointment. A lot of people just give up
>> ordering waffles.

> That is why I almost never order them. I have been disappointed too many
> times. I think my wife and I are two of the few people who make our
> own. We make them about once a month on the average. Personally, I
> would just as well make pancakes because they are the same basic
> ingredients and a lot less work, but my wife loves waffles. It is
> probably because she likes butter so much and she can get more butter
> using a waffle as the ingredient than she cane with pancakes.
>
> The only restaurant in the area that serves decent pancakes had a
> serious fire last week and is closed for a while. There is nowhere that
> I would bother to order waffles.
>
> It is a major pet peeve of mine that the restaurants that specialize in
> waffles and pancakes are among the worst places to get them.

Well, the IHOP we have at the mall makes some pretty lousy waffles.
There outta be a law against that.

At various times in my life, I have made waffles. I might be wanting to
have another go at it. I'd like to try waffles leavened with yeast this
time around. It actually makes for a pretty good waffle.

I have had disaster strike places where I discover great eats. Mostly
they fold up the business but one of them got hit with arson and another
got hit with a truck. The truck did relatively minor damage but the
building was a little shack and the spot the truck penetrated was where
the goofy Chinese guy made wonderful roast pork. No more roast pork
after that. Life is like that - one day the sun is shining and the world
is a beautiful place and the next day, there's no more roast pork.