Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Don't know what to put on my Belgian waffles

I got some delicious, frozen Belgian waffles at this store called Trader
Joe's.

These waffles are just perfect if you bake them at 400 F for 5 minutes.
(Never toast them; terrible idea.)

The waffles are really delicious, but I'm puzzled what to put on them.
Anything I put on them takes away from the delicate flavor. Maybe I should
keep them savory and not sweeten them up?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Feb 2014 11:18:53 -0500, "Christopher M."
> wrote:

> I got some delicious, frozen Belgian waffles at this store called Trader
> Joe's.
>
> These waffles are just perfect if you bake them at 400 F for 5 minutes.
> (Never toast them; terrible idea.)
>
> The waffles are really delicious, but I'm puzzled what to put on them.
> Anything I put on them takes away from the delicate flavor. Maybe I should
> keep them savory and not sweeten them up?

Not a bad idea. How about making chicken and waffles?

--

Good Food.
Good Friends.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote:

> I got some delicious, frozen Belgian waffles at this store called Trader
> Joe's.
>
> These waffles are just perfect if you bake them at 400 F for 5 minutes.
> (Never toast them; terrible idea.)
>
> The waffles are really delicious, but I'm puzzled what to put on them.
> Anything I put on them takes away from the delicate flavor. Maybe I should
> keep them savory and not sweeten them up?

Maybe just eat them plain or with a little butter?
Whenever I buy Nathan's beef hot dogs, I eat them on a fresh soft bun
with no condiments at all. I enjoy the natural taste. I do that with
OM cheese dogs too....just plain on soft bread.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> "Christopher M." wrote:
>>
>> I got some delicious, frozen Belgian waffles at this store called Trader
>> Joe's.
>>
>> These waffles are just perfect if you bake them at 400 F for 5 minutes.
>> (Never toast them; terrible idea.)
>>
>> The waffles are really delicious, but I'm puzzled what to put on them.
>> Anything I put on them takes away from the delicate flavor. Maybe I
>> should
>> keep them savory and not sweeten them up?

> Maybe just eat them plain or with a little butter?

That sounds like a great idea. I rarely eat waffles with just butter on
them. I remember I had them as a kid once. Maybe I'll add a little sugar. Or
maybe some lemon juice. Lemon juice and sugar are great on Dutch Baby
pancakes.

> Whenever I buy Nathan's beef hot dogs, I eat them on a fresh soft bun
> with no condiments at all. I enjoy the natural taste. I do that with
> OM cheese dogs too....just plain on soft bread.

I know what you mean. If I get some lobster or pulled pork I'll just put it
on a bun because I don't want anything to get in the way of the flavor.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
> > "Christopher M." wrote:
> >>
> >> I got some delicious, frozen Belgian waffles at this store called Trader
> >> Joe's.
> >>
> >> These waffles are just perfect if you bake them at 400 F for 5 minutes.
> >> (Never toast them; terrible idea.)
> >>
> >> The waffles are really delicious, but I'm puzzled what to put on them.
> >> Anything I put on them takes away from the delicate flavor. Maybe I
> >> should
> >> keep them savory and not sweeten them up?

> > Maybe just eat them plain or with a little butter?

> That sounds like a great idea. I rarely eat waffles with just butter on
> them. I remember I had them as a kid once. Maybe I'll add a little sugar. Or
> maybe some lemon juice. Lemon juice and sugar are great on Dutch Baby
> pancakes.

That's what I do when I make crepes (I rarely make then) or just some
thin pancakes. I'll butter them then sprinkle with sugar and squeeze a
little lemon juice on. Roll them up and feast. YUM!

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
>I got some delicious, frozen Belgian waffles at this store called Trader
>Joe's.
>
> These waffles are just perfect if you bake them at 400 F for 5 minutes.
> (Never toast them; terrible idea.)
>
> The waffles are really delicious, but I'm puzzled what to put on them.
> Anything I put on them takes away from the delicate flavor. Maybe I should
> keep them savory and not sweeten them up?

Then don't put anything on them. Have a nice fruit salad and alternate
bites.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> "Christopher M." wrote:

>> > Maybe just eat them plain or with a little butter?

>> That sounds like a great idea. I rarely eat waffles with just butter on
>> them. I remember I had them as a kid once. Maybe I'll add a little sugar.
>> Or
>> maybe some lemon juice. Lemon juice and sugar are great on Dutch Baby
>> pancakes.

> That's what I do when I make crepes (I rarely make then) or just some
> thin pancakes. I'll butter them then sprinkle with sugar and squeeze a
> little lemon juice on. Roll them up and feast. YUM!
>
> G.

I'm kind of picky about crepes. Only a little egg in my crepe batter.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/1/2014 9:18 AM, Christopher M. wrote:
> I got some delicious, frozen Belgian waffles at this store called Trader
> Joe's.
>
> These waffles are just perfect if you bake them at 400 F for 5 minutes.
> (Never toast them; terrible idea.)
>
> The waffles are really delicious, but I'm puzzled what to put on them.
> Anything I put on them takes away from the delicate flavor. Maybe I should
> keep them savory and not sweeten them up?
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Ice cream topped with it fudge or caramel sauce or maple syrup.
Pureed fresh or frozen berries either plain, mixed with sour cream
or softened cream cheese. Don't expect to lose weight with any of these.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher M." wrote:

>I got some delicious, frozen Belgian waffles at this store called Trader
>Joe's.
>
>These waffles are just perfect if you bake them at 400 F for 5 minutes.
>(Never toast them; terrible idea.)

Why not... any frozen waffles/pancakes I've prepared were excellent
toasted... baking would dehydrate them.

>The waffles are really delicious, but I'm puzzled what to put on them.
>Anything I put on them takes away from the delicate flavor. Maybe I should
>keep them savory and not sweeten them up?

What do you mean by "savory" waffles... what savory flavor are you
talking? Anyway Sweet & Savory go very well together... why do you
think so many pork products are sugar cured? I'm thinking you haven't
a clue what savory means.

What to put on belgian waffles so they're not dry? meatnub General Cooking 15 05-06-2008 01:44 AM
Uncle Gordo's Belgian Waffles Cathy Leslie Recipes (moderated) 0 14-04-2006 04:07 AM
Belgian Waffles Tim Recipes 0 29-06-2005 01:45 AM
Belgian waffles question [email protected] General Cooking 9 12-02-2005 05:31 PM
Belgian Waffles Hahabogus Diabetic 0 01-11-2004 10:38 PM