Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Doritos...........LOL

Doritos Celebrates One Millionth Ingredient

DALLAS, TX—Amid much fanfare, the Frito-Lay Corporation, manufacturers of the world’s best-loved snack chip products for over 50 years, announced yesterday the addition of the one millionth ingredient in Doritos, the company’s flagship brand of cheese-flavored tortilla chips. The new ingredient, disodium guanylate, is expected not only to act as an additional emulsifying agent but also to make the big taste of Doritos even bigger.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dor...redient,19914/

obviously the above is satire from The Onion,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/2/2013 6:17 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> Doritos Celebrates One Millionth Ingredient
>
> DALLAS, TX—Amid much fanfare, the Frito-Lay Corporation, manufacturers of the world’s best-loved snack chip products for over 50 years, announced yesterday the addition of the one millionth ingredient in Doritos, the company’s flagship brand of cheese-flavored tortilla chips. The new ingredient, disodium guanylate, is expected not only to act as an additional emulsifying agent but also to make the big taste of Doritos even bigger.
>
> http://www.theonion.com/articles/dor...redient,19914/
>

> obviously the above is satire from The Onion,

I rarely eat snack foods like chips. I have not bought potato chips for
a decade or two and it's been a few years since I bought tortilla chips
and salsa, but once a year I get a big bag of Dortios. I love those things.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:17:06 PM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:
> Doritos Celebrates One Millionth Ingredient

Here's a great graphic and explanation of why they taste good and how they trick the brain.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...o-graphic.html
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillMags View Post
Doritos Celebrates One Millionth Ingredient

DALLAS, TX—Amid much fanfare, the Frito-Lay Corporation, manufacturers of the world’s best-loved snack chip products for over 50 years, announced yesterday the addition of the one millionth ingredient in Doritos, the company’s flagship brand of cheese-flavored tortilla chips. The new ingredient, disodium guanylate, is expected not only to act as an additional emulsifying agent but also to make the big taste of Doritos even bigger.

Doritos Celebrates One Millionth Ingredient | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

obviously the above is satire from The Onion,
Hey yeah..makes perfect sense to add that one. There should be another exotic phrase to go along with that one which starts with an "M"..mono something or other. They come in pairs. Very harmless plant based flavor enhancer found in all good canned broth. Similar to MSG..gasp. Makes it hard to eat only one.

Last edited by bigwheel : 03-10-2013 at 09:12 PM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:17:06 PM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:
>> Doritos Celebrates One Millionth Ingredient

> Here's a great graphic and explanation of why they taste good and how they
> trick the brain.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...o-graphic.html

Those are not even remotely appealing to me. I can't stand most flavored
chips. I do like the lime flavored potato chips but I don't like potato
chips enough to finish a bag. When I eat those, the first one is appealing
and then I don't want any more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:46:49 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message

> > On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 3:17:06 PM UTC-7, ImStillMags wrote:

> >> Doritos Celebrates One Millionth Ingredient

> > Here's a great graphic and explanation of why they taste good and how they

> > trick the brain.

> > http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...o-graphic.html

> Those are not even remotely appealing to me.

Imagine that. You don't like something!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

They feed junk food samples to groups of people until they know exactly where that ****ing bliss point is.