Old 22-09-2013, 04:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Tiger Salad

Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Tiger Salad

salads/dressing

1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 bunch cilantro leaves with tender stems; cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 stalks celery; thinly sliced diagionally
2 small cucumbers or 1/2 large; thinly sliced
6 scallions; thinly sliced diagionally

Whisk vinegar, oil, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes in a large
bowl. Add cilantro, celery, cucumbers and scallions. Season with salt
and pepper and toss to combine.

Salad can be made 6 hours ahead

Notes: Bon Appetit

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Old 22-09-2013, 05:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I have all that stuff on hand - now I know what I'M fixing tonight. Thanks.

Old 22-09-2013, 08:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

That looks crunchy and refreshing.

Tara
Old 22-09-2013, 09:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:40:53 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

That sounds really good- thanks!
Old 22-09-2013, 10:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/22/2013 11:40 AM, wrote:

Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

Looks so delicious. Are you just a natural at photography, or
have you taken classes? Just beautiful photos, always.

nancy

Old 23-09-2013, 12:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 17:37:22 -0400, Nancy Young
wrote:

On 9/22/2013 11:40 AM, wrote:

Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

Looks so delicious. Are you just a natural at photography, or
have you taken classes? Just beautiful photos, always.

nancy

Thank you so much for your compliment, I get lucky sometimes. ;-)

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Old 23-09-2013, 03:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tiger Salad

wrote:

Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Tiger Salad

You made me crave salad, so I just bougth some tomatoes and tonight will mix
them with thinly sliced white onion and some basil, salt & pepper and a
special EVO oil made with olives crushed along with bhut jolokia peppers. A
bomb
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Old 24-09-2013, 02:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:06:06 +0200, "ViLco" wrote:

wrote:

Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Tiger Salad

You made me crave salad, so I just bougth some tomatoes and tonight will mix
them with thinly sliced white onion and some basil, salt & pepper and a
special EVO oil made with olives crushed along with bhut jolokia peppers. A
bomb

Sounds wonderful.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Old 24-09-2013, 02:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Tiger Salad

You made me crave salad, so I just bougth some tomatoes and tonight will mix
them with thinly sliced white onion and some basil, salt & pepper and a
special EVO oil made with olives crushed along with bhut jolokia peppers. A
bomb

Sounds wonderful.

But certainly no tiger... sounds more pussy.