FoodBanter.com

-   -   REC: Tiger Salad (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/425727-rec-tiger-salad.html)

[email protected] 22-09-2013 04:40 PM

REC: Tiger Salad

Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)

Here's what I did
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Tiger Salad

salads/dressing

1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 bunch cilantro leaves with tender stems; cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 stalks celery; thinly sliced diagionally
2 small cucumbers or 1/2 large; thinly sliced
6 scallions; thinly sliced diagionally

Whisk vinegar, oil, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes in a large
bowl. Add cilantro, celery, cucumbers and scallions. Season with salt
and pepper and toss to combine.

Salad can be made 6 hours ahead

Notes: Bon Appetit

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Kalmia 22-09-2013 05:13 PM

REC: Tiger Salad

I have all that stuff on hand - now I know what I'M fixing tonight. Thanks.

Tara 22-09-2013 08:05 PM

REC: Tiger Salad

That looks crunchy and refreshing.

Tara

merryb 22-09-2013 09:46 PM

REC: Tiger Salad

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:40:53 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
>
> It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)
>

> Here's what I did
>
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html
>

> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz
>

> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>

> Tiger Salad
>

> salads/dressing
>

> 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
>
> 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
>
> 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
>
> 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
>
> 1 bunch cilantro leaves with tender stems; cut into 1/2 inch pieces
>
> 4 stalks celery; thinly sliced diagionally
>
> 2 small cucumbers or 1/2 large; thinly sliced
>
> 6 scallions; thinly sliced diagionally
>

> Whisk vinegar, oil, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes in a large
>
> bowl. Add cilantro, celery, cucumbers and scallions. Season with salt
>
> and pepper and toss to combine.
>

> Salad can be made 6 hours ahead
>

> Notes: Bon Appetit
>

> ** Exported from Now You're Cooking! v5.87 **
>

> koko
>
> --
>
> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
>
> James Beard
>

> www.kokoscornerblog.com

That sounds really good- thanks!

Nancy Young[_6_] 22-09-2013 10:37 PM

REC: Tiger Salad

On 9/22/2013 11:40 AM, wrote:

> Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
> It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)
>
> Here's what I did

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

> or
> http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

Looks so delicious. Are you just a natural at photography, or
have you taken classes? Just beautiful photos, always.

nancy

[email protected] 23-09-2013 12:13 AM

REC: Tiger Salad

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 17:37:22 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 9/22/2013 11:40 AM, wrote:
>>
>> Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
>> It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)
>>
>> Here's what I did

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz

>Looks so delicious. Are you just a natural at photography, or
>have you taken classes? Just beautiful photos, always.
>
>nancy

Thank you so much for your compliment, I get lucky sometimes. ;-)

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

ViLco 23-09-2013 03:06 PM

Tiger Salad

wrote:

> Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
> It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)
>
> Here's what I did

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

> or
> http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz
>

> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Tiger Salad

You made me crave salad, so I just bougth some tomatoes and tonight will mix
them with thinly sliced white onion and some basil, salt & pepper and a
special EVO oil made with olives crushed along with bhut jolokia peppers. A
bomb
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

[email protected] 24-09-2013 02:24 AM

Tiger Salad

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:06:06 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

wrote:

>> Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
>> It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)
>>
>> Here's what I did
>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html
>>
>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz
>>

>> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>>
>> Tiger Salad

>You made me crave salad, so I just bougth some tomatoes and tonight will mix
>them with thinly sliced white onion and some basil, salt & pepper and a
>special EVO oil made with olives crushed along with bhut jolokia peppers. A
>bomb

Sounds wonderful.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

brooklyn1 24-09-2013 02:52 AM

Tiger Salad

wrote:

>>> Can't believe how wonderful such a simple salad is.
>>> It went great with my quick and easy hot dogs and beans dinner. ;-)
>>>
>>> Here's what I did

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

>>> or
>>> http://tinyurl.com/m2oyotz
>>>

>>> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>>>
>>> Tiger Salad

>>You made me crave salad, so I just bougth some tomatoes and tonight will mix
>>them with thinly sliced white onion and some basil, salt & pepper and a
>>special EVO oil made with olives crushed along with bhut jolokia peppers. A
>>bomb

>Sounds wonderful.

But certainly no tiger... sounds more pussy.

ViLco 24-09-2013 10:04 AM

Tiger Salad

wrote:

>> You made me crave salad, so I just bougth some tomatoes and tonight
>> will mix them with thinly sliced white onion and some basil, salt &
>> pepper and a special EVO oil made with olives crushed along with
>> bhut jolokia peppers. A bomb

> Sounds wonderful.

And it was. What kept me far from the recipe you posted is cucumber, I
seldom like it, and celery

Kalmia 28-09-2013 04:49 PM

Tiger Salad

On Monday, September 23, 2013 9:52:25 PM UTC-4, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:24:48 -0700, wrote:

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ger-salad.html

> >>You made me crave salad, so I just bougth some tomatoes and tonight will mix

> >>them with thinly sliced white onion and some basil, salt & pepper and a

> >>special EVO oil made with olives crushed along with bhut jolokia peppers. A

> >>bomb

> >Sounds wonderful.

> But certainly no tiger... sounds more pussy.

More crushed red?