Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pati's Mexican Table

"songbird" > wrote in message
> dsi1 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 10:33:53 AM UTC-10,
>> wrote:
>>> Pati's voice is beyond annoying. The accent sounds extremely
>>> exaggerated, if not completely fake.

>> She sounds like a person that has a voice trained for broadcasting. It
>> seems about right for the format.

> she's ok with me. i don't watch much tv anyways, so it isn't
> like it matters, yet if she is on i might watch it a few moments
> longer.

I love her recipes but can't stand her voice. Her mom and sister don't talk
like that. Weird.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> songbird wrote:
>>
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> > She sounds like a person that has a voice trained for broadcasting. It
>> > seems about right for the format.

>> she's ok with me. i don't watch much tv anyways, so it isn't
>> like it matters, yet if she is on i might watch it a few moments
>> longer.

> Now I'm curious. I'll watch for that show just to hear her voice.

It's like a high pitched robot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:19:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"songbird" > wrote in message
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>>
>>> She sounds like a person that has a voice trained for broadcasting. It
>>> seems about right for the format.

>> she's ok with me. i don't watch much tv anyways, so it isn't
>> like it matters, yet if she is on i might watch it a few moments
>> longer.

>I love her recipes but can't stand her voice. Her mom and sister don't talk
>like that. Weird.

you really think that all members of a family speak alike?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2020 9:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> 2. Giada De Laurentiis is using an affected voice to pronounce Italian
> words -- besides her head is too small for her body

I'm not sure if too small but something is out of proportion. Her mouth
has a big wide smile that is wider than average and she has a large high
forehead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 22:02:20 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 1/15/2020 9:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>

>> 2. Giada De Laurentiis is using an affected voice to pronounce Italian
>> words -- besides her head is too small for her body
>>

>I'm not sure if too small but something is out of proportion. Her mouth
>has a big wide smile that is wider than average and she has a large high
>forehead.

Not my observation. It belongs to someone else here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 22:02:20 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 1/15/2020 9:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>

>> 2. Giada De Laurentiis is using an affected voice to pronounce Italian
>> words -- besides her head is too small for her body
>>

>I'm not sure if too small but something is out of proportion. Her mouth
>has a big wide smile that is wider than average and she has a large high
>forehead.

Everything's relative. You probably have a very low forehead.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Now I'm curious. I'll watch for that show just to hear her voice.
> >

> I actually grew to like her voice, and I like the show...

I actually got to see a show right away. It was on last
night so I watched it. She definitely has an accent but it
was pleasant enough. Didn't seem to be faked, just a bit
unique.

The show was good plus she's a cutie to watch. ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 09:08:07 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>GM wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> > Now I'm curious. I'll watch for that show just to hear her voice.
>> >

>> I actually grew to like her voice, and I like the show...

>I actually got to see a show right away. It was on last
>night so I watched it. She definitely has an accent but it
>was pleasant enough. Didn't seem to be faked, just a bit
>unique.
>
>The show was good plus she's a cutie to watch. ;-D

#shetoo!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 3:19:14 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "songbird" > wrote in message
> > dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> She sounds like a person that has a voice trained for broadcasting. It
> >> seems about right for the format.

> > she's ok with me. i don't watch much tv anyways, so it isn't
> > like it matters, yet if she is on i might watch it a few moments
> > longer.

> I love her recipes but can't stand her voice. Her mom and sister don't talk
> like that. Weird.

You're the OP of this thread. I'll bet you don't remember doing that. Anyway, it's good to see that your opinion is still the same. At least you're consistent.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec....Q/JiejCoacUhgJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:17:17 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:19:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>> she's ok with me. i don't watch much tv anyways, so it isn't
>>> like it matters, yet if she is on i might watch it a few moments
>>> longer.

>>I love her recipes but can't stand her voice. Her mom and sister don't talk
>>like that. Weird.

>you really think that all members of a family speak alike?

When people are raised together from birth they all use the same
intonation, speech pattern, vocabulary, and accent... unless one has a
speech impediment or underwent speech therapy as many showbiz people
do. You likely don't travel much nor very far from where you were
raised since infancy. Most people of the same ethnicity (even race)
speak very much alike. Most people who grew up in the Southern US
speak very much alike, same as most who were raised in Brooklyn sound
very similar, especially on the phone. My mother had four sisters,
whenever they phoned it took a while for me to know which one, often I
had to ask. I happen to have a very distinct speaking voice, once
people have spoken to me on the phone they know immediately that it's
me... my speaking voice is as identifiable as my posts here. If my
brother phoned you you'd swear it was me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 22:02:20 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 1/15/2020 9:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>

>> 2. Giada De Laurentiis is using an affected voice to pronounce Italian
>> words -- besides her head is too small for her body
>>

>I'm not sure if too small but something is out of proportion. Her mouth
>has a big wide smile that is wider than average and she has a large high
>forehead.

Gee, I always noticed her large bosoms.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 22:02:20 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> >On 1/15/2020 9:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >

> >> 2. Giada De Laurentiis is using an affected voice to pronounce Italian
> >> words -- besides her head is too small for her body
> >>

> >I'm not sure if too small but something is out of proportion. Her mouth
> >has a big wide smile that is wider than average and she has a large high
> >forehead.

> Gee, I always noticed her large bosoms.

She is, as the auld saying goes, "stacked"...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 2:06:00 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:

> Jayne Mansfield was 5'5" and had 40 - inch bazoombas...
>
> Best
> Greg

And an IQ of 149.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 2:06:00 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:
> >
> > Jayne Mansfield was 5'5" and had 40 - inch bazoombas...
> >
> > Best
> > Greg
> >

> And an IQ of 149.

So she claimed, I've read it was 163...she'd tell people, "I planned to be a scientist, but then I became a movie star..."

More Jayne quotes:

"We eat a lot of lean meat and fresh vegetables.. You are what you eat, you know. When I'm 100 I'll still be doing pin-ups."

"I like being a pin-up girl. There's nothing wrong with it."

"A woman should be pink and cuddly for a man."

"I don't want to get involved in the racial situation at the expense of losing fans. I wouldn't say anything too strong but I do know that God created us equal and we're not living up to it."

"A forty-one inch bust and a lot of perseverance will get you more than a cup of coffee-a lot more. But most girls don't know what to do with what they've got."

"It is the most wonderful feeling in the world, you know, knowing you are loved and wanted."

"If you're going to do something wrong, do it big, because the punishment is the same either way."

"Carrying a baby is the most rewarding experience a woman can enjoy."

"I will never be satisfied. Life is one constant search for betterment for me."

</>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:17:17 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:19:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> I love her recipes but can't stand her voice. Her mom and sister don't talk
>>> like that. Weird.

>> you really think that all members of a family speak alike?

> When people are raised together from birth they all use the same
> intonation, speech pattern, vocabulary, and accent... unless one has a
> speech impediment or underwent speech therapy as many showbiz people
> do. You likely don't travel much nor very far from where you were
> raised since infancy. Most people of the same ethnicity (even race)
> speak very much alike. Most people who grew up in the Southern US
> speak very much alike, same as most who were raised in Brooklyn sound
> very similar, especially on the phone. My mother had four sisters,
> whenever they phoned it took a while for me to know which one, often I
> had to ask. I happen to have a very distinct speaking voice, once
> people have spoken to me on the phone they know immediately that it's
> me... my speaking voice is as identifiable as my posts here. If my
> brother phoned you you'd swear it was me.

How could that be, Popeye? Yoose brother is a damn homosexual
Queer, right?

But Yoose ain't no jewish queer?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 14:46:44 -0500, wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:17:17 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:19:01 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>>I love her recipes but can't stand her voice. Her mom and sister don't talk
>>>like that. Weird.

>>you really think that all members of a family speak alike?

>When people are raised together from birth they all use the same
>intonation, speech pattern, vocabulary, and accent... unless one has a
>speech impediment or underwent speech therapy as many showbiz people
>do. You likely don't travel much nor very far from where you were
>raised since infancy. Most people of the same ethnicity (even race)
>speak very much alike. Most people who grew up in the Southern US
>speak very much alike, same as most who were raised in Brooklyn sound
>very similar, especially on the phone. My mother had four sisters,
>whenever they phoned it took a while for me to know which one, often I
>had to ask. I happen to have a very distinct speaking voice, once
>people have spoken to me on the phone they know immediately that it's
>me... my speaking voice is as identifiable as my posts here. If my
>brother phoned you you'd swear it was me.

What you say is simply not true. You just need to pay more attention
to others.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"songbird" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:
> What is lawnmower sauce ??? )

whatever the current trendy green is put in
a blender/food processor along with whatever
ingredients they can figure out what to add to
it.

i like my greens fairly whole most of the
time. i see no need to make a sauce out of
them.

songbird

===

Thanks)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 10:36:14 AM UTC-5, songbird wrote:

> like i'm going to go out and buy a lot of spices i don't already
> have

I don't get that. You're passing on the opportunity to discover
delicious new foods just because you don't already have some spices?

For example, fenugreek leaves. Once I tried them, I knew what had
been missing in my curries all those years.

Plus, I rarely see anybody on TV using ingredients that I don't already
have, or have used (if they're perishable).

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:

> "A forty-one inch bust and a lot of perseverance will get you more than a cup of coffee-a lot more. But most girls don't know what to do with what they've got."

True story:
Once I was talking with two women and they were trying to
brainstorm some idea of how to start their own business.
One said to the other, "You know, we're sitting on a gold mine."

ha ha ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> songbird wrote:
>
>> like i'm going to go out and buy a lot of spices i don't already
>> have

> I don't get that. You're passing on the opportunity to discover
> delicious new foods just because you don't already have some spices?

i don't cook that often for just myself so almost
all new spices i've bought in the last 20yrs i still
have (and they may not be all that good any more).
it just makes no sense for me to buy them or to try
new things until i'm back on my own again.

i've had nutmeg on the shopping list for about
four months now and yet we never get it. i want
some decent rice pudding sometime this winter so
we'll get it eventually...

> For example, fenugreek leaves. Once I tried them, I knew what had
> been missing in my curries all those years.

i'll remember to give them a try sometime but i
have no idea when.

> Plus, I rarely see anybody on TV using ingredients that I don't already
> have, or have used (if they're perishable).

i store everything in glass jars so i hope the spices
are still good when i need them again, but if i'm going
to be doing something new i'll probably just use the
health food store and small portion cups for the little
bit i would need.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 4:37:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 2:06:00 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:
> >
> > Jayne Mansfield was 5'5" and had 40 - inch bazoombas...
> >
> > Best
> > Greg
> >

> And an IQ of 149.

Hey! So do I.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 4:49:55 PM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 2:06:00 PM UTC-6, GM wrote:
> > >
> > > Jayne Mansfield was 5'5" and had 40 - inch bazoombas...
> > >
> > > Best
> > > Greg
> > >

> > And an IQ of 149.

> So she claimed, I've read it was 163...she'd tell people, "I planned to be a scientist, but then I became a movie star..."
>
> More Jayne quotes:
>
> "We eat a lot of lean meat and fresh vegetables.. You are what you eat, you know.
> When I'm 100 I'll still be doing pin-ups."

Yet, died at age 34. I think Jesus died at age 33, right?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-17 7:16 a.m., songbird wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> songbird wrote:
>>
>>> like i'm going to go out and buy a lot of spices i don't already
>>> have

>> I don't get that. You're passing on the opportunity to discover
>> delicious new foods just because you don't already have some spices?

> i don't cook that often for just myself so almost
> all new spices i've bought in the last 20yrs i still
> have (and they may not be all that good any more).
> it just makes no sense for me to buy them or to try
> new things until i'm back on my own again.
>

> i store everything in glass jars so i hope the spices
> are still good when i need them again, but if i'm going
> to be doing something new i'll probably just use the
> health food store and small portion cups for the little
> bit i would need.
>

> songbird

Chuck them!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 09:16:57 -0500, songbird >
wrote:
snip

> i store everything in glass jars so i hope the spices
>are still good when i need them again, but if i'm going
>to be doing something new i'll probably just use the
>health food store and small portion cups for the little
>bit i would need.
>

> songbird

the small portion cups are the way to go and the price is minimal.
If you've had spices in jars for years, toss them out. The true
flavor is gone and you probably have hatched insects and the dead
bodies are in there
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S Janet B wrote:
> the small portion cups are the way to go and the price is minimal.
> If you've had spices in jars for years, toss them out. The true
> flavor is gone and you probably have hatched insects and the dead
> bodies are in there

i think i would notice.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:29:29 -0500, songbird >
wrote:

>U.S Janet B wrote:
>> the small portion cups are the way to go and the price is minimal.
>> If you've had spices in jars for years, toss them out. The true
>> flavor is gone and you probably have hatched insects and the dead
>> bodies are in there

> i think i would notice.

Would there be much flavour difference between a desiccated weevil and
20 year old thyme?