Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sur la Table

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food...ur_la_tab.html

For the Massachusetts contingent. Two more stores!

There is one near work, but I never go to that particular mall. I do
go to Burlington on occasion.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:
> http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food...ur_la_tab.html
>
> For the Massachusetts contingent. Two more stores!
>
> There is one near work, but I never go to that particular mall. I do go
> to Burlington on occasion.
>
> Tracy

Yes! I am keeping a lookout on the Burlington location. It says
fall. We shall see. Yippee!!!!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jean B." > wrote in message
> Tracy wrote:
>> http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food...ur_la_tab.html
>>
>> For the Massachusetts contingent. Two more stores!
>>
>> There is one near work, but I never go to that particular mall. I do go
>> to Burlington on occasion.
>>
>> Tracy

> Yes! I am keeping a lookout on the Burlington location. It says fall.
> We shall see. Yippee!!!!
>
> --
> Jean B.

Went through the King of Prussia, PA store last night since I showed up for
dinner 20 minutes early for dinner at the mall. I didn't see anything they
didn't sell at Kitchen Kapers about 6 stores away.

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zeppo wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Tracy wrote:
>>> http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food...ur_la_tab.html
>>>

>>> For the Massachusetts contingent. Two more stores!
>>>
>>> There is one near work, but I never go to that particular mall. I do
>>> go to Burlington on occasion.
>>>
>>> Tracy

>> Yes! I am keeping a lookout on the Burlington location. It says
>> fall. We shall see. Yippee!!!!
>>
>> --
>> Jean B.

> Went through the King of Prussia, PA store last night since I showed up
> for dinner 20 minutes early for dinner at the mall. I didn't see
> anything they didn't sell at Kitchen Kapers about 6 stores away.
>
> Jon

Well, I think here in the Boston area there aren't a lot of kitchen
supply stores to choose from so having another option is nice.

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zeppo wrote:
> "Jean B." > wrote in message
>> Tracy wrote:
>>> http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food...ur_la_tab.html
>>>

>>> For the Massachusetts contingent. Two more stores!
>>>
>>> There is one near work, but I never go to that particular mall. I do
>>> go to Burlington on occasion.
>>>
>>> Tracy

>> Yes! I am keeping a lookout on the Burlington location. It says
>> fall. We shall see. Yippee!!!!
>>
>> --
>> Jean B.

> Went through the King of Prussia, PA store last night since I showed up
> for dinner 20 minutes early for dinner at the mall. I didn't see
> anything they didn't sell at Kitchen Kapers about 6 stores away.
>
> Jon

Well, we don't have Kitchen Kapers here in the Boston area, and
Sur la Table carries some items that Williams-Sonoma does not.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:46:43 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> Well, we don't have Kitchen Kapers here in the Boston area, and
> Sur la Table carries some items that Williams-Sonoma does not.

So, Kitchen Kapers is another upscale cookware shop? I want another
downscale one like Lecter's (sp) was.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 5, 4:06*pm, Tracy > wrote:
> Zeppo wrote:

> >> Yes! *I am keeping a lookout on the Burlington location. *It says
> >> fall. We shall see. *Yippee!!!!

> >> --
> >> Jean B.

> > Went through the King of Prussia, PA store last night since I showed up
> > for dinner 20 minutes early for dinner at the mall. I didn't see
> > anything they didn't sell at Kitchen Kapers about 6 stores away.

> > Jon

> Well, I think here in the Boston area there aren't a lot of kitchen
> supply stores to choose from so having another option is nice.

I remember reading some 20-30 years ago that Julia Child could be
found buying some kitchen stuff at Crate & Barrel. Nowadays what they
carry is hit or miss, however.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:01:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> I remember reading some 20-30 years ago that Julia Child could be
> found buying some kitchen stuff at Crate & Barrel. Nowadays what they
> carry is hit or miss, however.

Hit or miss? Crate & Barrell is more than cookware, always has been.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/6/2010 1:58 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:46:43 -0400, "Jean > wrote:
>
>> Well, we don't have Kitchen Kapers here in the Boston area, and
>> Sur la Table carries some items that Williams-Sonoma does not.

> So, Kitchen Kapers is another upscale cookware shop? I want another
> downscale one like Lecter's (sp) was.

Yeah, that would be good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 6, 12:00*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:01:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
>
> > wrote:
> > I remember reading some 20-30 years ago that Julia Child could be
> > found buying some kitchen stuff at Crate & Barrel. Nowadays what they
> > carry is hit or miss, however.

> Hit or miss? *Crate & Barrell is more than cookware, always has been.

I mean that I have bought things from C&B for the kitchen that I've
never seen there again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 13:03:30 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 12:00*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:01:26 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > I remember reading some 20-30 years ago that Julia Child could be
> > > found buying some kitchen stuff at Crate & Barrel. Nowadays what they
> > > carry is hit or miss, however.

> > Hit or miss? *Crate & Barrell is more than cookware, always has been.
> >

> I mean that I have bought things from C&B for the kitchen that I've
> never seen there again.

Wanting to see "it" again is the thinking that made Trader Joe's so
bland and boring.

Get it while it's there or risk never seeing it again. I like that.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:58:15 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:46:43 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Well, we don't have Kitchen Kapers here in the Boston area, and
>> Sur la Table carries some items that Williams-Sonoma does not.

> So, Kitchen Kapers is another upscale cookware shop? I want another
> downscale one like Lecter's (sp) was.

the prices there were pretty good, as i recall.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 12:36:31 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:58:15 -0700, sf wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:46:43 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
> >
> >> Well, we don't have Kitchen Kapers here in the Boston area, and
> >> Sur la Table carries some items that Williams-Sonoma does not.

> > So, Kitchen Kapers is another upscale cookware shop? I want another
> > downscale one like Lecter's (sp) was.

> the prices there were pretty good, as i recall.

Too bad it's a continent away.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 15:35:44 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

> Try Kitchen Collection. www.kitchencollection.com to locate stores.

Thanks. One is about an hour away, but I visit people who live close
to it every so often.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:58:15 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:46:43 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Well, we don't have Kitchen Kapers here in the Boston area, and
>> Sur la Table carries some items that Williams-Sonoma does not.

>So, Kitchen Kapers is another upscale cookware shop? I want another
>downscale one like Lecter's (sp) was.

Try Kitchen Collection. www.kitchencollection.com to locate stores.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:58:15 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:46:43 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Well, we don't have Kitchen Kapers here in the Boston area, and
>> Sur la Table carries some items that Williams-Sonoma does not.

>So, Kitchen Kapers is another upscale cookware shop? I want another
>downscale one like Lecter's (sp) was.

Kitchen Kapers is somewhat in the middle. They're located in the
general Philadelphia/ South Jersey area. http://www.kitchenkapers.com/

-- Larry

Sur La Table, yay! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 14 04-06-2014 08:49 PM
Periodical Table Kswck General Cooking 2 15-09-2009 12:48 AM
table manners Rescue General Cooking 39 01-03-2006 03:56 AM
TABLE FOR TWO -EXCITING! Table For Two General 0 16-04-2004 01:51 AM