Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I am using the Reynold's Pan Lining Paper.

I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. Just the
trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black pepper
(freshly ground of course). Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. Turn once
halfway.

I opted to try the pan lining paper. I can't personally see why this
couldn't be done on a foil lined pan or even in a plain pan if you don't
mind perhaps a little extra scrubbing. I just turned them. They look fine.
I fear I will be the only one who eats them though. My mom wanted me to
bring canned green beans. I was just sorta like... No! I am making some
sort of beans from fresh ones. I had really wanted to do bacon wrapped
bundles. But I guess this is better than canned.

Am also doing some baked apple slices. They started out low sugar but they
were not baking fast enough to suit me. I turned up the heat. They were
also getting a bit dry. I added a bit more brown sugar and a little water.
Still fairly low sugar.

Am waiting for those to get done so I can eat my dinner. Hummus and pita
and a small salad bar salad from Whole Foods.

Then I need to cook the Jacob's Cattle Trout Beans and the potato and onion
recipe. I only have to cook for 6 now so it would be as much work. I was
worried that I would have to do two pans of the potatoes because people can
eat a lot of those. They're that good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 19:44:35 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. Just the
>trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black pepper
>(freshly ground of course). Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
>roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. Turn once
>halfway.

Why not do this in a pan on the stove top, no need to light an oven...
that's the perfect stir fry dish... roasting green beens on their own
sounds stupid, will very likely turn out too dry/dehydrated.
What do you mean by kosher sea salt... all salt is kosher... but sea
salt would definitely not be acceptable for kashering and certainly
not for pickling/preserving. Who makes this "kosher sea salt"...
probably soak you like $20 a pound when you can buy a three pound box
of Diamond Crystal for less than a dollar a pound. Didja know that
sea salt is directly from the sea, *unrefined*, very good chance it
contains bits of used condoms and other bodily excretions, from gulls,
whales, and diseased humans. WTF would normal brained people want to
consume sea salt, may as well not bother with tap water, just scoop a
bucketful directly from the sea.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 19:44:35 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. Just the
> >trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black pepper
> >(freshly ground of course). Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
> >roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. Turn once
> >halfway.

> Why not do this in a pan on the stove top, no need to light an oven...
> that's the perfect stir fry dish... roasting green beens on their own
> sounds stupid, will very likely turn out too dry/dehydrated.
> What do you mean by kosher sea salt... all salt is kosher... but sea
> salt would definitely not be acceptable for kashering and certainly
> not for pickling/preserving. Who makes this "kosher sea salt"...
> probably soak you like $20 a pound when you can buy a three pound box
> of Diamond Crystal for less than a dollar a pound. Didja know that
> sea salt is directly from the sea, *unrefined*, very good chance it
> contains bits of used condoms and other bodily excretions, from gulls,
> whales, and diseased humans. WTF would normal brained people want to
> consume sea salt, may as well not bother with tap water, just scoop a
> bucketful directly from the sea.

Well said, Sheldon. But ppl get this idea in their head that one thing is
better than other things. Sea salt is no healthier than regular plus the
pollution concern that you mentioned.

I'm still amazed that morons pay so much for bottled water when they can get
it right from their tap. At worst case, buy a Britta filter and make your
own "safer water."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 19:44:35 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. Just the
>>trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black
>>pepper
>>(freshly ground of course). Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
>>roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. Turn once
>>halfway.

> Why not do this in a pan on the stove top, no need to light an oven...
> that's the perfect stir fry dish... roasting green beens on their own
> sounds stupid, will very likely turn out too dry/dehydrated.
> What do you mean by kosher sea salt... all salt is kosher... but sea
> salt would definitely not be acceptable for kashering and certainly
> not for pickling/preserving. Who makes this "kosher sea salt"...
> probably soak you like $20 a pound when you can buy a three pound box
> of Diamond Crystal for less than a dollar a pound. Didja know that
> sea salt is directly from the sea, *unrefined*, very good chance it
> contains bits of used condoms and other bodily excretions, from gulls,
> whales, and diseased humans. WTF would normal brained people want to
> consume sea salt, may as well not bother with tap water, just scoop a
> bucketful directly from the sea.

They came out really well. The salt is from Real Salt. I love the flavor
it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 13:55:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 19:44:35 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. Just the
>>>trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black
>>>pepper
>>>(freshly ground of course). Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
>>>roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. Turn once
>>>halfway.

>> Why not do this in a pan on the stove top, no need to light an oven...
>> that's the perfect stir fry dish... roasting green beens on their own
>> sounds stupid, will very likely turn out too dry/dehydrated.
>> What do you mean by kosher sea salt... all salt is kosher... but sea
>> salt would definitely not be acceptable for kashering and certainly
>> not for pickling/preserving. Who makes this "kosher sea salt"...
>> probably soak you like $20 a pound when you can buy a three pound box
>> of Diamond Crystal for less than a dollar a pound. Didja know that
>> sea salt is directly from the sea, *unrefined*, very good chance it
>> contains bits of used condoms and other bodily excretions, from gulls,
>> whales, and diseased humans. WTF would normal brained people want to
>> consume sea salt, may as well not bother with tap water, just scoop a
>> bucketful directly from the sea.

>They came out really well.
>The salt is from Real Salt.
>I love the flavor it.

You thought it said salty peanuts... but it said salty penis. LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 13:55:23 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> They came out really well. The salt is from Real Salt. I love the
>> flavor
>> it.

> Real salt has over 60 minerals in it. What are the chances that you
> aren't allergic or intolerant to anything containing 60 different
> substances? Andy has better chances of winning the lottery.

AFAIK I am not intolerant or allergic to any minerals. I have had metal
issues at times but not currently.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 13:55:23 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> They came out really well. The salt is from Real Salt. I love the
>> flavor
>> it.

> Real salt has over 60 minerals in it. What are the chances that you
> aren't allergic or intolerant to anything containing 60 different
> substances? Andy has better chances of winning the lottery.
>
> -sw

ROFLMAO! Well said!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

>AFAIK I am not intolerant or allergic to any minerals.
>I have had mental issues at times but not currently.

Sheesh, we'd have never guessed. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2012 12:53 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 19:44:35 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. Just the
>> trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black pepper
>> (freshly ground of course). Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
>> roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. Turn once
>> halfway.

> Why not do this in a pan on the stove top, no need to light an oven...
> that's the perfect stir fry dish... roasting green beens on their own
> sounds stupid, will very likely turn out too dry/dehydrated.
> What do you mean by kosher sea salt... all salt is kosher... but sea
> salt would definitely not be acceptable for kashering and certainly
> not for pickling/preserving. Who makes this "kosher sea salt"...
> probably soak you like $20 a pound when you can buy a three pound box
> of Diamond Crystal for less than a dollar a pound. Didja know that
> sea salt is directly from the sea, *unrefined*, very good chance it
> contains bits of used condoms and other bodily excretions, from gulls,
> whales, and diseased humans. WTF would normal brained people want to
> consume sea salt, may as well not bother with tap water, just scoop a
> bucketful directly from the sea.

I'm glad to read that gulls and whales, assuming they are diseased along
with the diseased humans, are using condoms. Good reason to filter your
sea water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2012 2:01 PM, Gary wrote:

> I'm still amazed that morons pay so much for bottled water when they can get
> it right from their tap. At worst case, buy a Britta filter and make your
> own "safer water."

I used to be one of those who only drank bottled water. I thought my
tap water had a funny taste. One day I decided to break that habit and
started chilling tap water in the fridge to drink. To my surprise it was
fine. As long as it's ice cold I have no problem with my tap water. I
think sometimes bottled water can become a "habit". I still like the
convenience for when outside doing yard work or to take along in the car.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 4/8/2012 2:01 PM, Gary wrote:
>
>> I'm still amazed that morons pay so much for bottled water when they can
>> get
>> it right from their tap. At worst case, buy a Britta filter and make
>> your
>> own "safer water."

> I used to be one of those who only drank bottled water. I thought my tap
> water had a funny taste. One day I decided to break that habit and started
> chilling tap water in the fridge to drink. To my surprise it was fine. As
> long as it's ice cold I have no problem with my tap water. I think
> sometimes bottled water can become a "habit". I still like the
> convenience for when outside doing yard work or to take along in the car.

I drink both. I mainly drink the bottled when I am out somewhere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> sensitivities/allergies/intolerances come and go depending on treatment
> and abstinance to the offending substance, Lee

Apparently so. I used to think I had a nickel allergy. For a period of
about 2 years I couldn't wear any earrings at all. Every time I did, I got
a rash on my ears. I couldn't wear nylon ones either but at times I have
had issues with nylon causing a rash as well! I finally found a little
bottle of some stuff that had honey and wax and perhaps some other things in
it. It was for treating the posts/wires of the earrings. If I put that on
them, I could wear them with no problems. But if the earrings got too old,
they would still cause problems. So I used to replace my earrings every
couple of years. Actually the worst ones for me were the expensive ones.
For some reason I did better with cheap ones.

I also had trouble as a child wearing a watch. It would cause a rash under
the metal part of the watch. I haven't had that problem for many years now,
nor have I had a problem with most earrings. Once in a while I will get a
pair that causes a problem. I just toss them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 8, 11:53*am, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 19:44:35 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>
> > wrote:
> >I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. *Just the
> >trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black pepper
> >(freshly ground of course). *Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
> >roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. *Turn once
> >halfway.

> Why not do this in a pan on the stove top, no need to light an oven...
> that's the perfect stir fry dish... roasting green beens on their own
> sounds stupid, will very likely turn out too dry/dehydrated.

I like green beans cooked Southern style, what most folks would
consider way overcooked

> What do you mean by kosher sea salt... all salt is kosher... but sea
> salt would definitely not be acceptable for kashering and certainly
> not for pickling/preserving. *Who makes this "kosher sea salt"...
> probably soak you like $20 a pound when you can buy a three pound box
> of Diamond Crystal for less than a dollar a pound.

Kosher has to do with the size/shape of the grains. I use Diamond
Crystal Popcorn & Nut grind as my table salt. No grittiness.

> Didja know that sea salt is directly from the sea, *unrefined*, very good chance it
> contains bits of used condoms and other bodily excretions, from gulls,
> whales, and diseased humans.

LOL. I like some of the impure salts, but I never use them as
ingredients or condiments. I like munching them straight.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I am linited to surgical steele or 24 karot gold, so i have a very few
pairs, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> sensitivities/allergies/intolerances come and go depending on treatment
>> and abstinance to the offending substance, Lee

> Apparently so. I used to think I had a nickel allergy. For a period of
> about 2 years I couldn't wear any earrings at all. Every time I did, I
> got a rash on my ears. I couldn't wear nylon ones either but at times I
> have had issues with nylon causing a rash as well! I finally found a
> little bottle of some stuff that had honey and wax and perhaps some other
> things in it. It was for treating the posts/wires of the earrings. If I
> put that on them, I could wear them with no problems. But if the earrings
> got too old, they would still cause problems. So I used to replace my
> earrings every couple of years. Actually the worst ones for me were the
> expensive ones. For some reason I did better with cheap ones.
>
> I also had trouble as a child wearing a watch. It would cause a rash
> under the metal part of the watch. I haven't had that problem for many
> years now, nor have I had a problem with most earrings. Once in a while I
> will get a pair that causes a problem. I just toss them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2012-04-08 02:44:35 +0000, Julie Bove said:

> I opted to try the pan lining paper. I can't personally see why this
> couldn't be done on a foil lined pan or even in a plain pan if you
> don't mind perhaps a little extra scrubbing.

I thought the point was that the food being cooked would stick to the
foil and readily as it would stick to the pan, whereas it doesn't stick
to the paper.
--
I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use.