Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default I am using the Reynold's Pan Lining Paper.

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 19:44:35 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. Just the
> >trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black pepper
> >(freshly ground of course). Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
> >roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. Turn once
> >halfway.

> Why not do this in a pan on the stove top, no need to light an oven...
> that's the perfect stir fry dish... roasting green beens on their own
> sounds stupid, will very likely turn out too dry/dehydrated.
> What do you mean by kosher sea salt... all salt is kosher... but sea
> salt would definitely not be acceptable for kashering and certainly
> not for pickling/preserving. Who makes this "kosher sea salt"...
> probably soak you like $20 a pound when you can buy a three pound box
> of Diamond Crystal for less than a dollar a pound. Didja know that
> sea salt is directly from the sea, *unrefined*, very good chance it
> contains bits of used condoms and other bodily excretions, from gulls,
> whales, and diseased humans. WTF would normal brained people want to
> consume sea salt, may as well not bother with tap water, just scoop a
> bucketful directly from the sea.

Well said, Sheldon. But ppl get this idea in their head that one thing is
better than other things. Sea salt is no healthier than regular plus the
pollution concern that you mentioned.

I'm still amazed that morons pay so much for bottled water when they can get
it right from their tap. At worst case, buy a Britta filter and make your
own "safer water."