Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I am using the Reynold's Pan Lining Paper.

I am doing an Emeril Lagasse recipe for roasted green beans. Just the
trimmed beans, EVOO, kosher salt (am using kosher sea salt) and black pepper
(freshly ground of course). Mix, spread out on a parchment lined pan and
roast at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes until crisp tender. Turn once
halfway.

I opted to try the pan lining paper. I can't personally see why this
couldn't be done on a foil lined pan or even in a plain pan if you don't
mind perhaps a little extra scrubbing. I just turned them. They look fine.
I fear I will be the only one who eats them though. My mom wanted me to
bring canned green beans. I was just sorta like... No! I am making some
sort of beans from fresh ones. I had really wanted to do bacon wrapped
bundles. But I guess this is better than canned.

Am also doing some baked apple slices. They started out low sugar but they
were not baking fast enough to suit me. I turned up the heat. They were
also getting a bit dry. I added a bit more brown sugar and a little water.
Still fairly low sugar.

Am waiting for those to get done so I can eat my dinner. Hummus and pita
and a small salad bar salad from Whole Foods.

Then I need to cook the Jacob's Cattle Trout Beans and the potato and onion
recipe. I only have to cook for 6 now so it would be as much work. I was
worried that I would have to do two pans of the potatoes because people can
eat a lot of those. They're that good!