Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lining a lazy Susan cupboard

Julie Bove wrote:

> > I don't believe US ninth graders don't learn such basics. It's primary
> > school stuff.

> Maybe it is now but I never learned it. We did adding, subtracting,
> multiplying, dividing and some algebra in Junior High.

Home ec can be engrossing for mathophobes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/3/2012 5:19 AM, The Cook wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:20:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> > wrote in message
>>> In >, says...

>>> Jesus christ, you don't need to be good at maths to read a number on a
>>> tape measure.

>> But you do to know what diameter is. And I don't know.

> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

<*sigh*>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Cook" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:20:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Janet" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, says...

>>> Jesus christ, you don't need to be good at maths to read a number on a
>>> tape measure.

>>But you do to know what diameter is. And I don't know.

> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

Thank you. That would be pretty hard to measure seeing as how I can't
access all of it at once.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George M. Middius" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> > I don't believe US ninth graders don't learn such basics. It's primary
>> > school stuff.

>> Maybe it is now but I never learned it. We did adding, subtracting,
>> multiplying, dividing and some algebra in Junior High.

> Home ec can be engrossing for mathophobes.

The only math we learned in Home Ec was how to scale a recipe up or down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> I have two of those lazy Susan type cupboards where the roundish
>> shelves just sort of go around and around. The cupboard is not a
>> complete circle. I had previously lined them with white Contact paper
>> but that didn't work so well. I couldn't get a piece that was the
>> right size so I wound up piecing some together. It looked like crap.
>> I decided to remove the paper in the flour cupboard after I discovered
>> the weevils. That cupboard has since had pretty much everything
>> replaced except for the salt.
>>
>> The other cupboard has mainly canned goods but the liner is old
>> looking and starting to rip.
>>
>> I have bought some of that spongy liner with the holes in it in the
>> hopes that it will keep things from sliding. One problem I've had is
>> stuff flying off the sides as the shelves spin around.
>>
>> But how to cut it? This might be easier to install because it is more
>> flexible. I had purchased some white liner online that just didn't
>> work at all. It was very stiff and slick and even when cut in pieces
>> there turned out not to be enough of it. I am not sure the stuff I
>> have now is big enough to be able to put just one piece in. I don't
>> really know how to explain it but the curved design is baffling me.
>> Also the fact that I can't access the entire cupboard at once. I can
>> only get to like...half of it or so.
>>
>> Any ideas? Or hmmm... Maybe I could pay my nephew to do the lining
>> for me. He's had a heck of a lot more math than I have.

> Julie,
>
> I have the same lazy susans. The door takes up 1/4 of the shelves.
>
> How about a little "pizza geometry?"
>
> Your liners should look like this:
>
> http://oi43.tinypic.com/r87511.jpg
>
> Start with large pizza and trim around the "crust" to fit the shelf.
>
> Once one liner fits use that to duplicate as many as needed by tracing
> the shape and cut with scissors.

Yes! The problem is that the liner I think is not big enough to do that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 07:19:28 -0400, The Cook >
wrote:

>On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:20:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>

>>"Janet" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, says...

>>> Jesus christ, you don't need to be good at maths to read a number on a
>>> tape measure.

>>But you do to know what diameter is. And I don't know.

>Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

Then what's circumference? duh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 2, 8:12*pm, Pennyaline >
wrote:
> On 4/2/2012 3:51 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > What's an axis? *I really am not good at math.

> I can't take it anymore.

Yeah, we should all cry "uncle," and move on. Even Shel won't touch
it. LOL.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 2, 11:00*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >> They are made of porous wood. *If I had the plastic ones, I wouldn't
> >> bother
> >> to line them. *I guess technically they don't *have* to be lined
> >> especially
> >> since I have everything in the one cupboard in plastic containers.
> >> However
> >> the previous owner had lined them with Contact paper that was ripped and
> >> bad
> >> looking. *It didn't peel up fully and neither did the paper that I put on
> >> there. *So there's a lot of adhesive with paper stuck to it here and
> >> there.
> >> Looks like crap. *Plus I sprayed the one with bug spray after I got the
> >> weevils. *I would just feel safer to have a layer of something between it
> >> and my food.

> >> My cupboard apparently isn't typical from what I have just looked at
> >> online
> >> because the cabinet front is attached to the lazy Susan. *This (I think)
> >> in
> >> and of itself is causing it to go off balance. *That and the way the
> >> cabinet
> >> front fits into the opening. *I think the wood swells and causes it to
> >> stick. *Sometimes it will only go one way and not the other.

> > My double lazy susan has the cabinet door attached to the shelves and
> > looke like a large pie wedge. *How would those shelves fair if you painted
> > them?

> I don't know but... *I don't like to use paint and with a curious little
> kitten in the house it probably wouldn't go so well. *I wouldn't think most
> paint would be washable though and if I did get that kind it would require
> many coats of paint given how porous that wood is.

You don't like to use paint, but you willingly spray BUG SPRAY inside
a FOOD STORAGE AREA. I give up. I actually don't know how you manage
to wake up in the morning or use a computer.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:08:52 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Pennyaline" > wrote in message
.. .

>>> Not on the one I have. It has a very shallow lip on it. But if you
>>> stack
>>> two cans high which I have to do, the top can will fall off. The other
>>> cupboard is the one I use for flour and baking things. Everything in
>>> there
>>> is now in a plastic container so not likely to fall off. But prior I
>>> just
>>> had the bags in there. They were all small bags because these were
>>> alternate flours like rice and tapioca. The bags would fall off of the
>>> ends.

>> I'll ask again: The "shelves" of your lazy susan have "ends"? You mean to
>> say that they are not a level or two of complete circles that turn on a
>> center post?

>Here's a pic of something similar. This isn't exactly what mine is because
>mine is all wood and is attached to the cabinet fronts. It's the pie cut.
>Mine has two shelves.
>
>http://www.cabinetparts.com/c/kitche...FQOEhwod3n10xg

Those things waste a lot of space... I'd remove them. I have two
corner cabinets that are quite deep, so I use them to store tall items
like paper towels stacked on end, aluminum foil/wax paper, plastic
wrap boxes on end, 2 liter soda bottles, way into the depths gallon
jugs of emergency water, and near the front 1.75 L bottles of Crystal
Palace. I wouldn't think to store canned goods in any bottom cabinet,
they are all too deep and too low... I hate creeping about on the
floor to find stuff. Bottom cabinets are for storing large items one
doesn't use on a daily basis, even a monthly basis. But I do use
those small plastic lazy susans from Rubbermaid (I have three) in one
of my upper cabinets for storing spice bottles; items on the lazy
susan and items around the perimeter, no wasted space. I don't store
many canned goods and rarely used items in my kitchen, that's what a
basement is for.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> >Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

> Then what's circumference? duh

You can learn that at your mosque.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 21:00:01 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message

>>> They are made of porous wood. If I had the plastic ones, I wouldn't
>>> bother
>>> to line them. I guess technically they don't *have* to be lined
>>> especially
>>> since I have everything in the one cupboard in plastic containers.
>>> However
>>> the previous owner had lined them with Contact paper that was ripped and
>>> bad
>>> looking. It didn't peel up fully and neither did the paper that I put on
>>> there. So there's a lot of adhesive with paper stuck to it here and
>>> there.
>>> Looks like crap. Plus I sprayed the one with bug spray after I got the
>>> weevils. I would just feel safer to have a layer of something between it
>>> and my food.
>>>
>>> My cupboard apparently isn't typical from what I have just looked at
>>> online
>>> because the cabinet front is attached to the lazy Susan. This (I think)
>>> in
>>> and of itself is causing it to go off balance. That and the way the
>>> cabinet
>>> front fits into the opening. I think the wood swells and causes it to
>>> stick. Sometimes it will only go one way and not the other.
>>> >

>> My double lazy susan has the cabinet door attached to the shelves and
>> looke like a large pie wedge. How would those shelves fair if you painted
>> them?

>I don't know but... I don't like to use paint and with a curious little
>kitten in the house it probably wouldn't go so well. I wouldn't think most
>paint would be washable though and if I did get that kind it would require
>many coats of paint given how porous that wood is.

Nancy Young's suggestion; self stick floor tiles, inexpensive and easy
to cut with scissors. And washable paint is readily available, it's
called deck enamel, used to paint concrete floors but can be used on
wood too... both oil based and water based are available... there are
also very nice epoxy paints, more expensive but you don't need much
for lazy susans. Personally I'd remove those lazy susans and toss
them into the trash.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, susan_r23666
@yahoo.com says...

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:20:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

> >> Jesus christ, you don't need to be good at maths to read a number on a
> >> tape measure.

> >But you do to know what diameter is. And I don't know.

> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

Nope, that's the circumference.

Gawd, two of them. Can you believe it.

Janet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pennyaline" > wrote in message
> On 4/2/2012 8:33 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I would love to get rid of them but I can't afford to redo my kitchen. I
>> don't even have room to store paper products in the kitchen. They are in
>> the garage. I do have a small pullout cabinet to store things like
>> plastic
>> bags. I freaking hate those pullouts too but all of my lower cabinets
>> are
>> those. Things fall behind just as they fly off the shelves of the lazy
>> Susan. I just ordered some new reaching tools. It is hard for me to get
>> back there.

> Why do things "fly off the shelves"? How hard to you spin the damned
> thing? I've dealt with those corner cupboard lazy susan things in my
> parents' homes and my siblings' homes, and I had them in one of my
> kitchens once, and I've not experienced anything flying off. Falling over,
> yes, but never falling off or flying anywhere.

Exactly! I had one lazy susan cabinet in a kitchen years ago. I stored
jars of spices and bottles of things like worcestershire, teriyaki and other
bottled sauces there. I certainly didn't spin it so hard things flew off to
the back of the cabinet!

I don't have a lazy susan-type cabinet now. I do have a wooden lazy susan
on the counter next to the stove for the always go-to herbs and spices
And a smaller one in one of the cabinets for the aforementioned bottles.
Still, stuff doesn't fly off the shelves. I don't spin them like roulette
wheels.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pennyaline" > wrote in message
> On 4/2/2012 7:20 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> nit> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Of a lazy susan??

>> Not on the one I have. It has a very shallow lip on it. But if you
>> stack
>> two cans high which I have to do, the top can will fall off.

(snippage)

So don't put canned goods on the lazy susan! Lazy susans weren't designed
for stacking canned goods.

Seems Julie is now telling us most of her kitchen cabinets are built-in lazy
susans. I simply don't believe it. This is one instance where I'd like to
see a photograph of all these (opened) lazy-susan style cabinets.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 03/04/2012 12:10 PM, jmcquown wrote:

off to the back of the cabinet!

> I don't have a lazy susan-type cabinet now. I do have a wooden lazy
> susan on the counter next to the stove for the always go-to herbs and
> spices And a smaller one in one of the cabinets for the
> aforementioned bottles. Still, stuff doesn't fly off the shelves. I
> don't spin them like roulette wheels.

My parents had one and we had one for a while. I sure didn't have to
move it hard to make things fall over or to fall off the shelf. Many
items were lost in the far corner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 19:12:31 -0600, Pennyaline
> wrote:

>On 4/2/2012 3:51 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> What's an axis? I really am not good at math.

>I can't take it anymore.

LOL Me neither.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/3/2012 8:35 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "The > wrote in message
> news

>>> But you do to know what diameter is. And I don't know.

>> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

> Thank you. That would be pretty hard to measure seeing as how I can't
> access all of it at once.

Listen Julie, the diameter of a circle is its full width across--the
length of a straight line running between two points that bisects the
center and creates two equal 180 degree arcs. The distance around the
outside of a circle is its circumference.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/3/2012 9:22 AM, George M. Middius wrote:
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>>> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

>> Then what's circumference? duh

> You can learn that at your mosque.

Are they circumscribed there?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 07:31:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> Measure from the axis to the end of the circle. Take a strip of paper
>> or cardboard and use a thumb tack to hold the axis and poke a hole at
>> the measured end and use a pencil through the hole to trace it on your
>> material. You'll need to trim it out at the axle.

>What's an axis? I really am not good at math.

Google it FFS.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

On 4/3/2012 12:53 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> Lou Decruss wrote:
>>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 07:31:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>>>

>>> Measure from the axis to the end of the circle. Take a strip of paper
>>> or cardboard and use a thumb tack to hold the axis and poke a hole at
>>> the measured end and use a pencil through the hole to trace it on your
>>> material. You'll need to trim it out at the axle.

>> What's an axis? I really am not good at math.

> Google it FFS.
>
> Lou

More than likely she doesn't even know what a compass is, and I don't
mean the sort that shows which direction is N.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pennyaline wrote:

> Listen Julie, the diameter of a circle is its full width across--the
> length of a straight line running between two points that bisects the
> center and creates two equal 180 degree arcs. The distance around the
> outside of a circle is its circumference.

Nice use of 4th-grade terminology.

For julie: A "straight line" is like a piece of string pulled tight.
"Bisect" means to cut in two pieces of the same size. The "center" is
the middle. "180 degrees" means halfway around a circle, like from 12
o'clock to 6 o'clock on a round clock. (A clock is a device we use to
keep track of time.) An "arc" is a curve, like in the road or around
the edge of a baseball. Don't even worry about "circumference".

You're welcome.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Lou Decruss wrote:
>>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 07:31:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>>>

>>> Measure from the axis to the end of the circle. Take a strip of paper
>>> or cardboard and use a thumb tack to hold the axis and poke a hole at
>>> the measured end and use a pencil through the hole to trace it on your
>>> material. You'll need to trim it out at the axle.

>>What's an axis? I really am not good at math.

> Google it FFS.

Come on Lou. I don't think you are so unkind ... Not even Shel is
trashing her.

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Mosque Minimind wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> >Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

>> Then what's circumference? duh

>You can learn that at your mosque.

Don't you mean circumcision, Minimind?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:15:36 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>"Pennyaline" > wrote in message
.. .

>>> Not on the one I have. It has a very shallow lip on it. But if you
>>> stack
>>> two cans high which I have to do, the top can will fall off.

>(snippage)
>
>So don't put canned goods on the lazy susan! Lazy susans weren't designed
>for stacking canned goods.
>
>Seems Julie is now telling us most of her kitchen cabinets are built-in lazy
>susans. I simply don't believe it. This is one instance where I'd like to
>see a photograph of all these (opened) lazy-susan style cabinets.
>
>Jill

Here you can see my spice storage with three Rubbermaid lazy susans:
http://i43.tinypic.com/f23u52.jpg
Long ago I rented an appartment that had lazy susans in bottom corner
cabinests, I removed them to storage in the landlord's garage... those
deep corner cabinets were more suitable for storing large bulky items.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 07:35:11 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"The Cook" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:20:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>But you do to know what diameter is. And I don't know.

>> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

>Thank you. That would be pretty hard to measure seeing as how I can't
>access all of it at once.

In that case measure from the center to an outer edge. Take a string
and tie a pencil to one end. Measure from the pencil to the length
you just measured. Then hold the other end on the piece of paper.
Draw a circle. Cut it out and test it in the circle.It should fit
pretty well and you can make whatever adjustments you need.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:32:28 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >, susan_r23666
says...

>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:20:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>> >But you do to know what diameter is. And I don't know.

>> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

> Nope, that's the circumference.
>
> Gawd, two of them. Can you believe it.
>
> Janet

Brain fart on my part. My brain thinks one thing and my fingers do
another. I really do know the difference. I figured out the volume
of a round cake pan a couple of days ago.

I finished college 50 years ago.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 07:35:11 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"The Cook" > wrote in message
>>news
>>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:20:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

>>Thank you. That would be pretty hard to measure seeing as how I can't
>>access all of it at once.
>>

> In that case measure from the center to an outer edge. Take a string
> and tie a pencil to one end. Measure from the pencil to the length
> you just measured. Then hold the other end on the piece of paper.
> Draw a circle. Cut it out and test it in the circle.It should fit
> pretty well and you can make whatever adjustments you need.

That will work

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:52:43 -0600, Pennyaline
> wrote:

>On 4/3/2012 8:35 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "The > wrote in message
>> news
>>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:20:03 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Diameter is the measurement around the outside of the circle.

>> Thank you. That would be pretty hard to measure seeing as how I can't
>> access all of it at once.

>Listen Julie, the diameter of a circle is its full width across--the
>length of a straight line running between two points that bisects the
>center and creates two equal 180 degree arcs.

Now Julie is going to ask if those degrees are Fahrenheit or
Centigrade.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:06:09 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

>On 4/3/2012 12:53 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> What's an axis? I really am not good at math.

>> Google it FFS.
>>
>> Lou

>More than likely she doesn't even know what a compass is, and I don't
>mean the sort that shows which direction is N.

Isn't a compass where schools are at?

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:25:17 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>What's an axis? I really am not good at math.

>> Google it FFS.

>Come on Lou. I don't think you are so unkind ... Not even Shel is
>trashing her.

She doesn't want to help herself. Several posters have given her
plenty of answers but she seems to want someone to come over and do it
for her.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 3, 12:53*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>
> > wrote:
> >Lou Decruss wrote:
> >> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 07:31:07 -0700, "Julie Bove"

> >> Measure from the axis to the end of the circle. *Take a strip of paper
> >> or cardboard and use a thumb tack to hold the axis and poke a hole at
> >> the measured end and use a pencil through the hole to trace it on your
> >> material. *You'll need to trim it out at the axle.

> >What's an axis? *I really am not good at math.

> Google it FFS.
>
> Lou

Those were the losers in WWII.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 3, 1:15*pm, Janet > wrote:
> In article >,
> says...

> > > Thank you. *That would be pretty hard to measure seeing as how I can't
> > > access all of it at once.

> > Listen Julie, the diameter of a circle is its full width across--the
> > length of a straight line running between two points that bisects the
> > center and creates two equal 180 degree arcs. The distance around the
> > outside of a circle is its circumference.

> * More hard words.
>
> * Bisect.. an insect that lost four legs
> * Arc.. get that welder out *and fix the lazy susan
> * Degree..not available for graduating ninth grade.
>
> * *Janet

I didn't put any lazy Susan type gizmos or shelves in my new kitchen
because there is so much wasted space - kind of the difference between
a 12" square pan and a 12" round pan. (That would be 12" on each side
of the square pan, and 12" DIAMETER for the round pan. LOL.)

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/3/2012 3:51 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> On Apr 3, 12:53 pm, Lou > wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>>
>> > wrote:

>>> What's an axis? I really am not good at math.

>> Google it FFS.

> Those were the losers in WWII.

Huh, I thought it was like, axis a question.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:25:17 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Google it FFS.

>>Come on Lou. I don't think you are so unkind ... Not even Shel is
>>trashing her.

> She doesn't want to help herself. Several posters have given her
> plenty of answers but she seems to want someone to come over and do it
> for her.

Never mind. Her husband will be home soon. I doubt she will be worried
about such mundane things

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" <replyto@inemail> wrote in message
> On 4/3/2012 3:51 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> On Apr 3, 12:53 pm, Lou > wrote:
>>> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:51:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> Google it FFS.

>> Those were the losers in WWII.

> Huh, I thought it was like, axis a question.

lol

--
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/04/2012 7:51 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Lou Decruss wrote:

>>> But how do you make the pattern? What is it made of and how do you
>>> do it?
>>>

>> Measure from the axis to the end of the circle. Take a strip of paper
>> or cardboard and use a thumb tack to hold the axis and poke a hole at
>> the measured end and use a pencil through the hole to trace it on your
>> material. You'll need to trim it out at the axle.

> What's an axis? I really am not good at math.

See George Bush' "Axis of Evil" or, simplified version, 3 countries that
don't like the US.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sh-sh-shelley gurgled:

> >> Then what's circumference? duh

> >You can learn that at your mosque.

> Don't you mean circumcision, Minimind?

You might very well think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Cook wrote:

> Brain fart on my part. My brain thinks one thing and my fingers do
> another. I really do know the difference. I figured out the volume
> of a round cake pan a couple of days ago.

I don't have a round cake pan, but I do have two oblong ones (6x9 and
9x13). Suppose I were Julie, and I wanted to bake something that
called for an 8" round pan. Whatever would I do?