Old 03-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Member

Default Favorite cake

What is your favorite cake?

Old 03-12-2011, 03:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/3/2011 8:40 AM, roy55kat wrote:
What is your favorite cake?

Chocolate Cake, Fruitcake, Cherry-Nut Cake, Italian Cream Cake, Coconut
Cake, Red Earth Cake, Carrot Cake.

Becca

Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/3/2011 9:25 AM, Ema Nymton wrote:
On 12/3/2011 8:40 AM, roy55kat wrote:
What is your favorite cake?

Chocolate Cake, Fruitcake, Cherry-Nut Cake, Italian Cream Cake, Coconut
Cake, Red Earth Cake, Carrot Cake.

Becca

Anything baked by Becca. I can't bake worth a damn... but she is good
at it.

George

Old 03-12-2011, 03:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 3, 9:40*am, roy55kat
wrote:
What is your favorite cake?

--
roy55kat

Dobos torte. Sacher torte. Poppy seed cake. Black forest cherry
torte.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Member

Hey guys,

My favorite cake is fruits cake especially apple, carrot, and pumpkin cake.
These cakes are very delicious and tasty.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 14:40:00 +0000, roy55kat
wrote:

What is your favorite cake?

A pound cake. No icing, just plain and tasty

Nun's Cake (Pound Cake)

Ingredients:
1 cup of butter

1 1/2 cups of sugar

5 eggs
1 tsp. of vanilla

3 cups of sifted flour
2 1/2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cups of milk

Beat the butter until it is almost as light as whipped cream.

Divide the sugar in half and beat the first 3/4 cup full into the
creamed butter and then the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar into them.

Add the beaten egg mixture, a little at a time, to the beaten butter
mixture. Beating in each addition well. Add the vanilla and continue
to beat until grains of sugar are smooth.

Sift together the 3 cups of flour, 2 1/2 tsps. of baking powder and
salt. Add the flour about one-fourth at a time alternately with
one-third of the milk, blend the dry ingredients and milk in the
batter. Don't beat them in but blend them thoroughly, folding each
addition in smoothly before adding the next.

Put batter in a buttered and floured tube pan and bake in a moderate
oven.

Bake 325 to 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

* Enjoy !

Old 03-12-2011, 05:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 14:40:00 +0000, roy55kat
wrote:

What is your favorite cake?

I'd not call this my favorite because we only have it every year or
two. Worth the effort though

Italian Rum Cake (Zuppa Inglese)

INGREDIENTS
Italian Sponge Cake

1/4 to 1/2 cup Rosolio (approximate)
1/4 cup Rum (approximate)
1/4 cup Italian Brandy (approximate)

Vanilla Cream Filling
Chocolate Cream Filling
Whipped Cream
Grated unsweetened chocolate

Make Creams and chill.

Vanilla Cream Filling

1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold milk
1 1/2 cups scalded milk
3 eggs slightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Combine sugar, constarch, and salt in a saucepan. Gradually add cold
milk, stirring well. Slowly stir in the scalded milk.

Stirring gently and constantly, rapidly bring mixture to boiling over
direct heat and cook 3 minutes. Pour into top of double boiler and
place over simmering water. Cover and cook about 12 minutes, stirring
3 or 4 times.

Vigorously stir about 3 Tablespoons hot mixture into the eggs.
Immediately blend into mixture in double boiler. Cook over simmering
water 3 to 5 minutes. Stir slowly so mixture cooks evenly. Remove
from heat and cool.

Stir in vanilla extract and chill.

Chocolate Cream Filling

1 1/2 ounces (1 1/2 squares) unsweetened
chocolate
2/3 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold milk
1 1/2 cups scalded milk
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla

Add unsweetened chocolate to 1 1/2 cups of milk and scald.

Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Gradually add cold
milk, stirring well. Slowly stir in the scalded milk.

Stirring gently and constantly, rapidly bring mixture to boiling over
direct heat and cook 3 minutes. Pour into top of double boiler and
place over simmering water. Cover and cook about 12 minutes, stirring
3 or 4 times.

Vigorously stir about 3 Tablespoons hot mixture into eggs. Immediately
blend into mixture in double boiler. Cook over simmering water 3 to 5
minutes. Stir slowly so mixture cooks evenly. Remove from heat and
cool.

Stir in vanilla extract. Chill.

Whipped Cream

2 cups chilled whipping cream
6 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Beat whipping cream, 1 cup at a time, in a chilled 1-quart bowl using
chilled beaters. Beat until cream stands in peaks.

Put whipped cream into a large chilled bowl. Fold or beat
confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract into whipped cream. until
blended.

Assembling Rum Cake: Place one layer of the cake on serving dish and
sprinkle with the Italian Brandy. Spread half the vanilla cream

Place the second layer of cake crust side down and sprinkle with
Rosolio.
Spread half the chocolate cream.

Place the third layer of cake crust side down and sprinkle with Rum.
Cover the top of the cake with the remaining vanilla cream.

Cover the sides of the cake with the remaining chocolate cream.

Decorate the top and bottom edges with the whipped cream. Sprinkle
the top of the cake with grated unsweetened chocolate. Use #27
decorating star tip.

Store dessert in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

SOURCE: Culinary Arts/The New Italian Cooking

Old 03-12-2011, 07:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

roy55kat.foodbanana.com wrote:

What is your favorite cake?

Pineapple upsidedown cake.

Rum raisin cake.

Reeses Pieces cheesecake.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Spice Cake with Maple Frosting (WAS: Favorite cake)

"Ema Nymton" wrote in message
On 12/3/2011 8:40 AM, roy55kat wrote:
What is your favorite cake?

Chocolate Cake, Fruitcake, Cherry-Nut Cake, Italian Cream Cake, Coconut
Cake, Red Earth Cake, Carrot Cake.

Becca

Spice cake with maple syrup frosting.

2 c. sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 c. white granulated sugar
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 c. vegetable shortening

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pans. In a
large mixing bowl, blend flour, baking powder, salt and ground spices. Cut
shortening in with a fork and mix well. Add milk then stir in the sugars,
eggs and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer on low until blended,
scraping the sides of the bowl. Beat on high about 3 minutes. Pour the
batter into lined cake pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pans on the counter
for 10 minutes; remove cakes to wire racks and cool completely.

Maple Frosting

1/2 c. vegetable shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. pure maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbs. milk
3 c. powdered (confectioners) sugar

Sift the sugar. In large bowl, combine shortening, salt, syrup, vanilla,
and 1 cup of the sugar. Mix well. Beat in remaining sugar and milk
gradually, until smooth and creamy. If too thin, add more sugar. If too
thick, add more milk. Use immediately. Frosts two 8" rounds.

Jill

Old 04-12-2011, 01:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 4, 6:56*am, "jmcquown" wrote:

Maple Frosting

1/2 c. vegetable shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. pure maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbs. milk
3 c. powdered (confectioners) sugar

Sift the sugar. *In large bowl, combine shortening, salt, syrup, vanilla,
and 1 cup of the sugar. *Mix well. *Beat in remaining sugar and milk
gradually, until smooth and creamy. *If too thin, add more sugar. *If too
thick, add more milk. *Use immediately. *Frosts two 8" rounds.

Jill

Sounds wonderful Jill, but I'd sub butter for the "vegetable
shortening" in a heartbeat!! Maple frosting that tastes like pancakes
with butter and maple syrup!! OMG YUM!!!

I'd never drizzle Crisco oil or smear solid Crisco on my pancakes. I'm
just sayin'.

John Kuthe...

Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" wrote in message
[...]

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Useless ****.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 4, 12:12*pm, "Storrmmee" wrote:
[...]

John Kuthe...- Hide quoted text -

Useless ****.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

roy55kat wrote:

What is your favorite cake?

I'm not a big cake person, but my most favorite cake bar-none is a Poppy
Seed Cake with a rich custard filling with crunchy walnuts in it and
frosted with REAL whipped cream.

I also like Rum Cake and one called "Almost Heaven Cake" and is a white
layer cake with a can of undrained crushed pineapple poured over it when
the cake is still hot. The topping is pudding, cream cheese and whipped
cream and it's to die for. Also love a good Lemon Coconut Creme Cake,
Raspberry Cake with fresh berries on the top and a glaze over them. I
also like a rich Pound Cake with lots of eggs and real butter in it.

My least favorite is Carrot Cake and most all chocolate cakes, but I do
like chocolate pie, so go figure.

Judy

Favorite Cake Denise~* General Cooking 83 29-11-2011 03:55 AM
Favorite Cake katreen Recipes 0 30-04-2009 02:01 AM
Favorite Strawberry Cake International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 05-06-2008 03:18 AM
What's your favorite cake & icing? Giggles Baking 6 05-10-2005 11:09 AM
What's your favorite cake & icing? Giggles General Cooking 21 05-10-2005 03:38 AM