Old 27-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Denise~*

Default Favorite Cake

All this talk about Pies, made me think about Cake.

Weirdly enough, I like cake better than frosting, but cake still has
to have frosting. I'm also a minimalist when it comes to cakes.
Fillings to me are not neccessary, just use frosting that was used on
top.

I really like a good white cake with a very rich chocolate frosting.
or a very rich moist chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.

These are pretty much neck in neck for first.

Second would be a traditional spice cake with cream cheese frosting.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"

Old 27-07-2004, 11:15 PM
PENMART01

Denise~* writes:

All this talk about Pies, made me think about Cake.

Ice cream cake.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Old 27-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Nancy Howells

In article , Denise~*
wrote:

All this talk about Pies, made me think about Cake.

Haven't had cake in a long time, but my favorite is German's chocolate
cake, with the pecan/coconut icing. Perhaps on my next birthday.

--
Nancy Howells (don't forget to switch it, and replace the to send mail).

Old 28-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Arri London

Denise~* wrote:

All this talk about Pies, made me think about Cake.

Weirdly enough, I like cake better than frosting, but cake still has
to have frosting. I'm also a minimalist when it comes to cakes.
Fillings to me are not neccessary, just use frosting that was used on
top.

I really like a good white cake with a very rich chocolate frosting.
or a very rich moist chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.

These are pretty much neck in neck for first.

Second would be a traditional spice cake with cream cheese frosting.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

True madeira or pound cake. Can be topped with anything.
A great hazelnut/whipped cream cake from a neighbourhood German bakery
when I was a kid. That was always the birthday cake for me!
German 'fruit salad cake': a genoise baked in a special form, topped
with fresh fruit and glazed. We just had one with strawberries. But
works well with tinned fruit too.
Old 28-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Mike Pearce

"Crookshanks" wrote in message
ink.net...
Give me a homemade carrot cake any old day, with real cream cheese

frosting!

I think carrot cake might be my favorite as well. I do, sort of, think of a
carrot cake as more of a quick bread shaped like a cake as opposed to a
cake. I also really like a nice rich chocolate cake with white (vanilla)
frosting.

-Mike

Old 28-07-2004, 01:49 AM

Pound Cake

Spice Cake ( w/creamcheese frosting )

Yellow Torte Cake w/Chocolate-Peanut Butter frosting

rj

Old 28-07-2004, 03:18 AM
Julia Altshuler

German Chocolate Cake
Carrot Cake

Layered cake with one layer of lemon, one layer of orange and one layer
of banana with raspberry jam + rum spread between the layers and cream
cheese frosting. I've made this a few times, and it has been a big
success each time. I use the cake recipes in The Silver Palate
Cookbook, but you have to use lots of citrus peel.

--Lia

Old 28-07-2004, 04:08 AM
Crookshanks

I think carrot cake might be my favorite as well. I do, sort of, think of
carrot cake as more of a quick bread shaped like a cake

That's funny, I always thought that too about carrot cake! Sort of in the
same vein as a pumpkin bread, both being spiced,sweet quick breads.

Old 28-07-2004, 04:16 AM
Mama2EandJ

I like a bit of cake but without frosting. It is too sweet for my tastes.
Actually I usually make muffins out of a cake recipe, no frosting and freeze
them for an "emergency." I also don't like cake mixes from a box...homemade
only for me.

Old 28-07-2004, 05:59 AM

I HATE those sheet cakes they get for office functions.

Anemic white cake,
Globs of "Crisco frosting" sticking to your teeth...

rj
Old 28-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Wayne

Denise~* wrote in
:

All this talk about Pies, made me think about Cake.

Cakes definitely take a back seat to pies on my list of favorite desserts,
but I do have a few favorites.

Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte (the real thing, not the commercial crap)
Amalgamation Cake (my grandmother's recipe)
Fresh Orange Cake (my grandmother's recipe)
Fresh Lime Cake (my recipe)
Lady Baltimore Cake
Lord Baltimore Cake
My Fruitcake (but that's really another category)

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.

Favorite cake roy55kat General Cooking 31 05-12-2011 08:27 AM
Favorite Cake katreen Recipes 0 30-04-2009 02:01 AM
Favorite Strawberry Cake International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 05-06-2008 03:18 AM
What's your favorite cake & icing? Giggles Baking 6 05-10-2005 11:09 AM
What's your favorite cake & icing? Giggles General Cooking 21 05-10-2005 03:38 AM