Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Very Strong Smell To Make Someone Go Away

On Dec 2, 5:34*am, John Kuthe > wrote:

A heavy smoker will make me back off. the smell clinging to them
creates a cloud of old ashtray oder around them that
lingers even after they leave.

That one bothers me more than any other. Stinks

I'm an ex smoker, I guess that's why.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 2, 4:38*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 5:34*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> A heavy smoker will make me back off. * the smell clinging to them
> creates a cloud of old ashtray oder around them that
> lingers even after they leave.
>
> That one bothers me more than any other. *Stinks
>
> I'm an ex smoker, I guess that's why.

Ex puffer here also and I can't stand the smell of cig smoke. I can't
believe I smoked all those years and spent all than money.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 2, 6:48*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 4:38*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 2, 5:34*am, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > A heavy smoker will make me back off. * the smell clinging to them
> > creates a cloud of old ashtray oder around them that
> > lingers even after they leave.

> > That one bothers me more than any other. *Stinks

> > I'm an ex smoker, I guess that's why.

> Ex puffer here also and I can't stand the smell of cig smoke. I can't
> believe I smoked all those years and spent all than money.

My coworker is a heavy smoker. He's a nice guy, but I can't stand
being close to him. I used to inflict that on other people, and I
feel guilty for having done so. I am so lucky that my wife married me
in spite of that nasty habit, which she didn't have.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 2, 6:48*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 4:38*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 2, 5:34*am, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > A heavy smoker will make me back off. * the smell clinging to them
> > creates a cloud of old ashtray oder around them that
> > lingers even after they leave.

> > That one bothers me more than any other. *Stinks

> > I'm an ex smoker, I guess that's why.

> Ex puffer here also and I can't stand the smell of cig smoke. I can't
> believe I smoked all those years and spent all than money.

Ex smoker here as well. 15 years of pack-a-day smoking, 8 years since
quitting. I even started to dislike the smell of cigarettes in my
last couple years of smoking. I'm less worried about the money I
spent as I am the potential damage to my health.

What's done is done, though.

And yes. I can't stand the smell of cig OR pot smoke these days.

-J
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
phaeton > wrote:

> Ex smoker here as well. 15 years of pack-a-day smoking, 8 years since
> quitting. I even started to dislike the smell of cigarettes in my
> last couple years of smoking. I'm less worried about the money I
> spent as I am the potential damage to my health.

Yes, but as painful as it is to spend a lot of money to get healthy, I
would think it would be even more painful to spend a lot of money to get
sick. And yes, maybe people should quit for health reasons, but if
counting down how much money they save for every cig they don't smoke,
helps them quit, that's great, as far as I'm concerned. Anything that
helps sounds good to me.

And it's a lot of money, both for the cigs and for the health problems
they cause. I seem to remember kids paying US$.25 a pack for those
non-branded ones, in my youth. And the military was still pushing them.
I think they were US$2 a *carton* for the branded ones on base.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

92.5 and going strong Ellen K. General Cooking 0 20-02-2012 01:16 AM
Old appliances still going strong....... Peterl. General Cooking 20 26-08-2010 07:34 PM
removing strong smoky smell from microwave Jean B. Cooking Equipment 21 05-09-2006 03:21 AM
Strong Coconut Rum? A B General 8 10-08-2004 11:50 PM
Strong grapefruit like smell on chardonnay. bob Winemaking 8 12-06-2004 12:41 PM