FoodBanter.com

-   -   Very Strong Smell To Make Someone Go Away (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/413328-re-very-strong-smell.html)

ImStillMags 03-12-2011 12:38 AM

Very Strong Smell To Make Someone Go Away

On Dec 2, 5:34*am, John Kuthe > wrote:

A heavy smoker will make me back off. the smell clinging to them
creates a cloud of old ashtray oder around them that
lingers even after they leave.

That one bothers me more than any other. Stinks

I'm an ex smoker, I guess that's why.

Chemo the Clown[_2_] 03-12-2011 12:48 AM

On Dec 2, 4:38*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 5:34*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> A heavy smoker will make me back off. * the smell clinging to them
> creates a cloud of old ashtray oder around them that
> lingers even after they leave.
>
> That one bothers me more than any other. *Stinks
>
> I'm an ex smoker, I guess that's why.

Ex puffer here also and I can't stand the smell of cig smoke. I can't
believe I smoked all those years and spent all than money.

Bryan[_6_] 03-12-2011 02:30 AM

On Dec 2, 6:48*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 4:38*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 2, 5:34*am, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > A heavy smoker will make me back off. * the smell clinging to them
> > creates a cloud of old ashtray oder around them that
> > lingers even after they leave.

> > That one bothers me more than any other. *Stinks

> > I'm an ex smoker, I guess that's why.

> Ex puffer here also and I can't stand the smell of cig smoke. I can't
> believe I smoked all those years and spent all than money.

My coworker is a heavy smoker. He's a nice guy, but I can't stand
being close to him. I used to inflict that on other people, and I
feel guilty for having done so. I am so lucky that my wife married me
in spite of that nasty habit, which she didn't have.

--Bryan

phaeton 03-12-2011 03:13 AM

Very Strong Smell To Make Someone Go Away

On Dec 2, 6:48*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 2, 4:38*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > On Dec 2, 5:34*am, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > A heavy smoker will make me back off. * the smell clinging to them
> > creates a cloud of old ashtray oder around them that
> > lingers even after they leave.

> > That one bothers me more than any other. *Stinks

> > I'm an ex smoker, I guess that's why.

> Ex puffer here also and I can't stand the smell of cig smoke. I can't
> believe I smoked all those years and spent all than money.

Ex smoker here as well. 15 years of pack-a-day smoking, 8 years since
quitting. I even started to dislike the smell of cigarettes in my
last couple years of smoking. I'm less worried about the money I
spent as I am the potential damage to my health.

What's done is done, though.

And yes. I can't stand the smell of cig OR pot smoke these days.

-J

Dan Abel 03-12-2011 10:31 PM

Very Strong Smell To Make Someone Go Away

In article
phaeton > wrote:

> Ex smoker here as well. 15 years of pack-a-day smoking, 8 years since
> quitting. I even started to dislike the smell of cigarettes in my
> last couple years of smoking. I'm less worried about the money I
> spent as I am the potential damage to my health.

Yes, but as painful as it is to spend a lot of money to get healthy, I
would think it would be even more painful to spend a lot of money to get
sick. And yes, maybe people should quit for health reasons, but if
counting down how much money they save for every cig they don't smoke,
helps them quit, that's great, as far as I'm concerned. Anything that
helps sounds good to me.

And it's a lot of money, both for the cigs and for the health problems
they cause. I seem to remember kids paying US$.25 a pack for those
non-branded ones, in my youth. And the military was still pushing them.
I think they were US$2 a *carton* for the branded ones on base.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA