Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.support.diabetes,alt.health

Default 92.5 and going strong

Somewhere recently I saw a headline saying "102-year-old attributes long
life to 'being nice'". Didn't read the article, but didn't need to, the
headline said it all.

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> Today, as I waltzed through my local independent grocery store, I once
> again saw this woman that I see every week. She has a small little
> booth in the store. She usually cooks up sausage and the like and
> gets people to try samples. Today, her specialty was saurkraut. As I
> was walking by, she asked me if I wanted to try some. I replied that
> I have to watch my sodium and saurkraut was out of the question. She
> said 'everything in moderation.' etc. The girl is something else.
> She works twice a week, has no illness to speak of, and is 92 and a
> half years old. She seems so healthy. She told me that she eats
> whatever she likes, but not very much of it. She doesn't look like a
> drinker. She's not a smoker; at least I couldn't smell anything like
> that...Man, if I could be like that at 80...assuming I'll get that
> old...She has a full head of hair. She's the type that is very
> simple. She believes life is enjoying others, eating, bringing a
> couple of kids into the world, sleeping and that's about it. That's
> how she comes across.

Strong beer James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 3 07-07-2011 09:20 PM
Old appliances still going strong....... Peterl. General Cooking 20 26-08-2010 07:34 PM
Strong flour Michael Odom General Cooking 16 10-01-2005 07:55 PM
Strong Coconut Rum? A B General 8 10-08-2004 11:50 PM