Old 17-11-2011, 09:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Liver Pate

On 11/17/2011 1:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

The idea is to just take the bite off of the onion and garlic, not
cook them. And most of the thyme will stick to the livers and onions.
Or you can add that later if you want. But I do tend to trust Jacques
Pépin over unsolicited advice on the Internet.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/c...ate-march-2007

Excuse me for living. If you don't want unsolicited advice, don't post
to a newsgroup.

I also don't bother brining chicken
livers for pate. I add the seasoning later.

Don't knock what you've never tried. I find that brining them helps
keep them smooth and creamy, even when I broil them and make rumaki
(since they tend to overcook in that prep).

You're assuming I haven't tried it. Why are you assuming things?

Old 17-11-2011, 09:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 17, 1:28*pm, Pennyaline
wrote:
On 11/17/2011 1:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

The idea is to just take the bite off of the onion and garlic, not
cook them. *And most of the thyme will stick to the livers and onions..
Or you can add that later if you want. *But I do tend to trust Jacques
Pépin over unsolicited advice on the Internet.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/c...ate-march-2007

Excuse me for living. If you don't want unsolicited advice, don't post
to a newsgroup.

I also don't bother brining chicken
livers for pate. I add the seasoning later.

Don't knock what you've never tried. *I find that brining them helps
keep them smooth and creamy, even when I broil them and make rumaki
(since they tend to overcook in that prep).

You're assuming I haven't tried it. Why are you assuming things?

That's what little Sqwertsy does.
Old 17-11-2011, 10:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/17/2011 3:20 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

If I wanted your opinion, I would have told you what it is.

You'd have told me what my opinion is? Never mind. I don't want an
opinion that badly.

But as it
was, I wasn't asking for opinions. I was offering a recipe.
How is that an invitation for opinions? Just because its common on
usenet, usually by rude people, doesn't make it right.

And as it was, I was just offering my opinion. Take it or leave it.

If you see somebody walking down the street and you don't think
they're walking right, do you stop them and tell them how to walk?
After all, they are walking in public and that gives you the right to
tell them how to walk.

You know, for someone who woke up with a knife and a kielbasa this
morning, you're awfully quick to judge other people!

If Jaques Pepin (or any other person you don't know) is giving a
cooking demonstration at the mall, do you wait until he's done and
then lecture him about how he did it all wrong? Assuming your answer
is no, then why not?

So why is Usenet any different?

I didn't lecture you, kielbasa boy. I told you how I do it. Too much for
you? Sucks to be you--terribly, evidently.

You're assuming I haven't tried it. Why are you assuming things?

Because if you HAD tried it, you would have noticed that extra
moisture keeps them from getting crumbly and grainy. And you wouldn't
be insisting that the only way to keep them creamy is not to overcook
them.

There you are assuming again. They don't need brining to stay moist. How
do I know? I brine!

everything but chicken livers, and kielbasa