Old 17-11-2011, 09:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline[_9_] Pennyaline[_9_] is offline

Default Chicken Liver Pate

On 11/17/2011 1:13 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

The idea is to just take the bite off of the onion and garlic, not
cook them. And most of the thyme will stick to the livers and onions.
Or you can add that later if you want. But I do tend to trust Jacques
Pépin over unsolicited advice on the Internet.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/c...ate-march-2007

Excuse me for living. If you don't want unsolicited advice, don't post
to a newsgroup.

I also don't bother brining chicken
livers for pate. I add the seasoning later.

Don't knock what you've never tried. I find that brining them helps
keep them smooth and creamy, even when I broil them and make rumaki
(since they tend to overcook in that prep).

You're assuming I haven't tried it. Why are you assuming things?